RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Airplane guy needs help please. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/6903278-airplane-guy-needs-help-please.html)

fellers 01-13-2008 10:28 PM

Airplane guy needs help please.

This has probably been hashed out a bunch but i do not have a lot of time to research it because I have to buy it tomorrow afternoon.
Here is the deal. A very close friend of mine was paralyzed from the waist down and got into nitro trucks. He got a revo. He wants me to buy a truck and that is fine with me. I have money to buy whatever truck i please. I want the baddest bash truck around. Blazing fast with good handling. It will be in grass, beat on in gravel beds. We live in the country/slash mountains. We LOVE speed and Reliability. Gas or nitro.
please give your opinions and suggestions.
thank you

NitroBurn1 01-13-2008 10:31 PM

RE: Airplane guy needs help please.

If you want a gas 1/5 scale take a look at the Smartech Titan 4x4.

drivefastgto 01-13-2008 10:33 PM

Trust me, instead of waiting for replies to this thread, you'll find a LOT more info a lot faster if you scroll down a bit. This topic is discussed so often that you'll find literally hundreds of opinions pretty quickly. Seriously! [8D]

Snaut Rocket 01-13-2008 10:37 PM

You made it really tough decision.
First off you want it fast and good steering, I would say the Lst2.
You wanted it tough i would say lst2 savage or St1
and then you said gas or nirto.
I would def look into the baja 5b, cause you said price is not a issue.
But if you want the baddest all around your going to have tell us what you want.
Mt= overcome large obstacls, durable and not so good turning- Lst2 or savage
truggy- fast, durable, great handling, St1 or any other truggy
1/5 scale- Fun as hell, 45 min drive time, very expensive - Baja 5b

fellers 01-13-2008 10:58 PM

For nitro it would be truggy style , savage, revo , ls2t..

But the baja 5b gasser looks pretty bad ass and I know gas engines. I have a few 33% gas airplanes. 80cc planes
I would have to order the baja, No local shop will carry it. Where would I get it?

nothinbetr2do 01-13-2008 11:04 PM

you can get the rtr here, but for a ss kit you'll have to wait till next month http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLJV6&P=0

Snaut Rocket 01-14-2008 09:09 AM

You can try amain, i think they have it in stock already.

snowbl!nd 01-14-2008 09:36 AM

You've got the money and the wide open spaces to really get the most out of a 1/5 scale gasser so i'd go that route.

The [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/18871]HPI Baja SS kit[/link] looks amazing IMO and superior in many ways to the RTR version. You'd also know it inside out by building it...

fellers 01-14-2008 10:31 AM

I have the cash to soup up a baja but I cannot get the good one for like a month. I promised my buddy I would get one today, so the revo it is I guess. In a month I will sell it and buy the baja in a month or two... I promised him so I have to get something. Baja will wait. Plus I still have to finish my 80cc competition plane.

The Hedgehog 01-14-2008 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: fellers

I have the cash to soup up a baja but I cannot get the good one for like a month. I promised my buddy I would get one today, so the revo it is I guess. In a month I will sell it and buy the baja in a month or two... I promised him so I have to get something. Baja will wait. Plus I still have to finish my 80cc competition plane.
I dunno I don't recommend the Baja since your buddy is running 10th scale. What fun will it be if your machine is a monster compared to his, he wouldn't even want to run with you after awhile.

nitrorcjunkie 01-14-2008 10:51 AM

If your buddy is running a Revo, I highly recommend you get one also. That way you're on an even playing field, so to speak.

fellers 01-14-2008 08:26 PM

You guys are right. I went and picked up the revo 3.3. Nice machine, I like it.
That video of the Baja 5b being beat on the quarry and sand dunes is bad ***** though!
I must have one of those babies eventually. I am going to wait a while and see what competition brews up.. A 40cc would be awesome , LOL watch out...
What do you guys do for the snow? We are in SNOW country. Get pounded with lake effect. But it does setup with time.

MadManAndrew 01-14-2008 09:03 PM

Theres a few things to do about snow that will also give you better traction in other places.
1.You could get front skis,but you said you would also be climbing and in grass and stuff so...
2.Take off the tires,put nails in tires pointing outwards and super glue them in.Put tires back on.
3.Get rid of the tires,take off your wheels and HAMMER nails through the outside of the rims.Put rims back on,leave tires off.

P.S.I Hate Revo's!THIS IS SAVAGE COUNTRY MAN!!!

MadManAndrew 01-14-2008 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: fellers

I am going to wait a while and see what competition brews up.. A 40cc would be awesome , LOL watch out...
Forget 40cc,I'm going 50cc man!Im putting a chainsaw engine in a childrens car and coverting it to RC.Copy and Paste the address in my sig into your address bar.Its AWESOME!

SaVaGe MaN SS 01-17-2008 12:12 AM

you say price is not an problem ok? go get an FG

fellers 01-17-2008 02:55 PM

Ok, maybe; if I know what a "FG" is I might be able to make the decision. But since I have no clue what FG is I unfortunately cannot.
So, what is a FG?
See where the hearder says, "Airplane Guy needs Help", yeah; 1st clue I am not a FG dude, nor know much about rc surface vehicles. lol really:)
How about 2 FG's

Jetdktr 01-18-2008 04:05 PM

Tell you what I would do. Buy the same truck as your buddy. Different frequency of course!! That way you will be on the same playing field so to speak. That way the competition will be better , by driving skills, tuning etc. Also when one truck is down for parts you can both order parts at the same time save and some shipping costs , and you might end up or have something in your parts stash that your buddy could use to keep running or visa-versa
Just my $.02 worth

fellers 01-18-2008 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Jetdktr

Tell you what I would do. Buy the same truck as your buddy. Different frequency of course!! That way you will be on the same playing field so to speak. That way the competition will be better , by driving skills, tuning etc. Also when one truck is down for parts you can both order parts at the same time save and some shipping costs , and you might end up or have something in your parts stash that your buddy could use to keep running or visa-versa
Just my $.02 worth
Thats worth 2 cents for sure... :) That is what I did. I bought the blue 3.3 revo he has the red. It is going to be alot of fun. Pretty cold here to be breaking in an engine though. It is going to be about 10 degrees Farenhiet.