RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   tower sent me the wrong truck... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/7031735-tower-sent-me-wrong-truck.html)

tmaxx_man87 02-06-2008 01:02 AM

tower sent me the wrong truck...

i ordered a hpi wheely king, and it was due today, the box was dilivered and when i opened it i was like ... uhh... they sent me a tower terror .25..... it took me a while to decide what to do, i really like this truck but i already had links and a servo mount for the wk to make it a crawler... so, i called them and they said they are sending me the wk and a shipping label to shipp them back the terror... now, id like to keep both trucks... [>:] ..lol it would be nice.. i want to just fire this think up soooo bad it looks pretty nice sittin next to my maxx....

joecarbery 02-06-2008 08:17 AM

RE: tower sent me the wrong truck...

lol..you should sebd it back.cause that will put a hit on youre credit report!! and something with a small amount like that will hurt youre credit in the future..or just send them the money..that company will remember that for a long time..lol..just a thought....

KILL--ROY 02-06-2008 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: joecarbery

lol..you should sebd it back.cause that will put a hit on youre credit report!! and something with a small amount like that will hurt youre credit in the future..or just send them the money..that company will remember that for a long time..lol..just a thought....
Keep them both and leave town:D

tashspop 02-06-2008 08:32 AM

i agree. if i where in your shoes, and wanted to keep the terror, i would have just ordered another wheelie king unless the terror was cheaper, but i don't think they are.

zjwhitrock 02-06-2008 09:05 AM

but the tower is a cheap POS

Ingen28 02-06-2008 09:11 AM

Well first i would see if they ship you a label...If they forget that, which they prob will, then call and tell them how much of a hassle it is for you to keep having to spend your valuable time fixing their mistakes and that you are having to work to send them their items back at no fault of your own. At that point they generally try and keep a happy customer.....free truck! Not only do they get a happy customer, but since they market and manufacture that truck it is also free advertisment for them! One happy person who will rave at how well tower took care of him. Its only a $300 truck so they prob purduce them for about ???? 180ish....if that so that really isnt that big of a hit.

binaryterror 02-06-2008 10:00 AM

If you don't send the Terror back, they will charge you. They KNOW you have it by your own call and their customer service line is recorded. They know your credit card number, they know your name and address to begin prosecution.

If you keep it you are only hurting the Tower customers like myself and yourself. As people become dishonest prices will increase to cover actions of id10ts who abuse the service that Tower offers.

KILL--ROY 02-06-2008 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: zjwhitrock

Man that is true:):):)

Keep the WK

ssllc902 02-06-2008 10:08 AM

do the right thing and send the pos back. Carma is a !$%@&!!!!!

2DMaxLST!! 02-06-2008 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

If you don't send the Terror back, they will charge you. They KNOW you have it by your own call and their customer service line is recorded. They know your credit card number, they know your name and address to begin prosecution.

If you keep it you are only hurting the Tower customers like myself and yourself. As people become dishonest prices will increase to cover actions of id10ts who abuse the service that Tower offers.

Almost verbatim, my thoughts.

tmaxx_man87 02-06-2008 12:09 PM

i called them today, and if they would have set me up with ez-pay i was going to keep it and pay that way... but they wouldnt so ill be shipping it back, they did do me pretty good upgrading my wk to 2nd day air mail...

HpiDrifter420 02-06-2008 03:55 PM

id of broke the tower terror in and when i got the wheelie king pack it back up and send it away. tower has been screwing up alot lately.

jombo 02-06-2008 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: KILL--ROY

ORIGINAL: zjwhitrock

Man that is true:):):)

Keep the WK

send the JUNK back its really that bad

nothinbetr2do 02-06-2008 05:07 PM

send it back, you'll sleep better. plus what goes around comes around twice as bad

dakota_davies 02-06-2008 10:42 PM

send it back only if they will pay to ship it

IL2mSturmovik 02-06-2008 10:42 PM

Karma, man, Karma
Be good

beer=food 02-07-2008 09:39 PM

l personally would , probly have 5 beers first, then ring them and offer them a less amount than they advertised it at to keep it, saves them postage, and hassles, and gives them a sale, even if they only make 50 bucks on it they are likely to go for it, just for the hassles/postage saved, l recon if you want both, heres a golden chance at a savage discount on this thing, get on the phone and talk turkey with em, l recon you'll go alright. Make them pack it back in the box, or charge em for it !

Specialzed 02-09-2008 08:17 PM

run it then send it back, say you didnt realize it was a different truck lol XD

Anomie 02-09-2008 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

Karma, man, Karma
Be good
I agree. Tower usually will cover the return postage, and if you try to pull off some crazy business they will have the upper hand.

ORIGINAL: beer=food

l personally would , probly have 5 beers first, then ring them and offer them a less amount than they advertised it at to keep it
Hmmm... somehow I know that's what you'd do :D