RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   No Associated ?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/7215032-no-associated.html)

jay863fl 03-12-2008 06:02 PM

No Associated ??

Why is there no Associated sub-forum like Traxxas, HPI and Losi have ?

Snaut Rocket 03-12-2008 06:07 PM

RE: No Associated ??

This has been discussed many times.
Associated trucks really got popular after last christmas.
And all the info is right here in the main forum so really no need to change it.

jay863fl 03-12-2008 06:52 PM

This has been discussed many times.
Associated trucks really got popular after last christmas. ( which is why I was wondering why no subforum)
And all the info is right here in the main forum so really no need to change it. ( True, but I have to dig thru 300 "Hay GUYZ my Revo ROKSORZ" or "My Traxxas such and such broke this part" to find the info I want to read. )

Also, if not "bumped" or replied to the threads tend to go away. IDK, just wondering why the other manufacturers had one and Associated didnt.

Snaut Rocket 03-12-2008 07:02 PM

To find the info you could always use the search button.
Those other sub forums were created for those because each company had multiple mt's not like associated with one.

Elite_Tux487 03-12-2008 07:09 PM

Well its starting to become to the point where we do need/want one. They have the Mgt 4.6se the MGT 8.0 and Mini MGT..

Louie2994 03-12-2008 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

To find the info you could always use the search button.
Those other sub forums were created for those because each company had multiple mt's not like associated with one.

then if you find what ur looking for and you ask a question on that forum you get yelled at for bumping

jay863fl 03-12-2008 08:03 PM

Yeah it sucks I have to go to other forums for info when its probably here buried somewhere. And like was said, if you bump an old thread people get all crabby. And I can see when AE only had the one truck, but now that their fielding 3 ( not counting the TT sibling trucks) Hmm, maybe its time to get an Associated subforum ???

hilifemt 03-12-2008 08:30 PM

well since RCU is not willing, do like I do and get all your MGT info at MonsterGT.com. Best MGT advice on the net. Hands down!

also try groundpoundersrc.com. Alot of MGT guys there too.

jay863fl 03-12-2008 08:32 PM

Already got that one bookmarked [8D] Also, check out http://www.rcmonstertruckforum.com/index.php. Nice site there also.

Snaut Rocket 03-12-2008 09:21 PM

Believe me guys.
I asked for one and so have others and were not getting one.

RenegadeRevo 03-13-2008 12:26 AM

Believe me guys.
I asked for one and so have others and were not getting one.
All the Associated guys cried and whined for a sub-forum about 2 years ago (maybe more... not sure) it lasted about 3-4 weeks, then it was DEAD. So, they closed it down.

Elite_Tux487 03-13-2008 12:51 AM

I don't see why it should be taken away. It's not like its taking up any extra web space or something, those topics were going to be posted regardless of if its in the Associated sub forum or the main Monster Truck forum.

Anomie 03-13-2008 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jay863fl

Yeah it sucks I have to go to other forums for info when its probably here buried somewhere. And like was said, if you bump an old thread people get all crabby. And I can see when AE only had the one truck, but now that their fielding 3 ( not counting the TT sibling trucks) Hmm, maybe its time to get an Associated subforum ???
If people get crabby when you bring up an older thread due to a question, that's their issue. They don't need to comment. If you need a question answered, just ask.

As for the AE subforum, a good way to see what support it may receive, try posting a poll about it. If there is a decent response, you can let admin (or a moderator) know of the results. You just never know! ;)

Snaut Rocket 03-13-2008 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Reiko

If people get crabby when you bring up an older thread due to a question, that's their issue. They don't need to comment. If you need a question answered, just ask.

As for the AE subforum, a good way to see what support it may receive, try posting a poll about it. If there is a decent response, you can let admin (or a moderator) know of the results. You just never know! ;)
Hey arnt you a mod!![X(]

jay863fl 03-13-2008 01:26 PM

Well, the Monster GT thread is over 330 posts deep, the MGT 8.O thread is 44 pages and active, the Mini page is 17 pages and active. I think the admin and mods here should be able to make a decision without a poll. In the meantime I can just get my info from "competing" forums that are more streamlinedand have better information. Its just easier to come here and read about the boats I like also, but I will live its not that much trouble to pull open 2 tabs in Mozilla.

hilifemt 03-13-2008 01:29 PM

Well, the Monster GT thread is over 330 posts deep, the MGT 8.O thread is 44 pages and active, the Mini page is 17 pages and active. I think the admin and mods here should be able to make a decision without a poll. In the meantime I can just get my info from "competing" forums that are more streamlinedand have better information. Its just easier to come here and read about the boats I like also, but I will live its not that much trouble to pull open 2 tabs in Mozilla.
+1. Might as well get your info where the info is best AND easy to find
:D

Anomie 03-14-2008 07:58 AM

Hey arnt you a mod!![X(]
All I am saying is there has not been a poll about this for some time now. It may be worth a try again, and I, for one, will watch it.

I will also make a suggestion to admin. It certainly can't hurt :D

Elite_Tux487 03-14-2008 09:26 AM

Well, incase you didn't notice i started a poll.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7220205/tm.htm

Anomie 03-14-2008 02:40 PM

Very good! Maybe I should have checked before posting... [&:]:D

The discussion can continue there [sm=thumbs_up.gif]