RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Just Got an SC8!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/8115036-just-got-sc8.html)

Alpha Male 11-04-2008 03:25 PM

Just Got an SC8!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I happened to be at my local hobby shop talking to the guy behind the counter about the Traxxas Slayer when another guy brought in a huge box and put it on the counter. I thought I saw Team Associated, so I went to take a closer look...

Sure enough, an Associated SC8!!! [X(] I've been looking forward to its release for what seems like forever! I gasped and with the exhale said loudly, THAT IS MINE! Twenty minutes later, I'm loading it in my truck. Hobby shop man had to open it and take a look - it is an awesome truck. [sm=thumbs_up.gif] I will go into more detail tonight after I get home and take some pictures, but it made the Slayer look kind of wimpy by comparison. No insult intended to Traxxas (I love my Slash), but this truck is on a whole new level. I just got the first tank of break-in done in the parking lot and all I want to do is admire the looks of the truck. Mine is the all black KMC Wheels version. [8D]

zjwhitrock 11-04-2008 04:03 PM

RE: Just Got an SC8!!!

but at a $700 price tag[X(]

HerrSavage 11-04-2008 04:07 PM

I ssooo want one - the black version too.. Please post pics and vids in action.. Does it have the big-bore shocks of the RC8T truggy, or the smaller normal shocks of the buggy?? I hear it's based on the RC8T, but it must share more with the RC8 buggy, except the chassis I guess??...

rcnitrohead 11-04-2008 08:49 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

I want one sooo badly, it's gonna be hauling around my Camaro on a trailer damnit. I can't wait till it gets to my LHS.

Pics/Vids/Review pleeeaaasseee!:D

Tom.

NitroVenom 11-04-2008 09:40 PM

That thing is 1000x's better then the slayer. Any idea if the cage is plastic or metal? Only 9 lbs and a .28!:D:D:D

Alpha Male 11-04-2008 10:17 PM

I dropped my damn digital camera, so I will have to try my phone. :eek: Stand by....

Alpha Male 11-04-2008 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had no time to do any more of the break-in today, but I love this truck. It has mud flaps on the back end. :D One strange thing about it is a remote glow plug. It is not transmitter related, there is a glow plug igniter connector at the rear of the truck with a wire running to the actual plug. It works fine, it is just weird. It has true bead-locks and the servos sound like they are metal gear, but frankly I've been too busy to read much about the details.

I'm sorry for the poor picture quality. [:o]

Ttam Says Blarg 11-04-2008 10:48 PM

LOOKS SWEET!!! Im drooling. I wonder if there going to come out with electric conversion kit?

Alpha Male 11-04-2008 11:08 PM

I wonder if there going to come out with electric conversion kit?
[X(] Bite your tongue! This truck deserves an engine, not a motor. :)

syphon68 11-04-2008 11:12 PM

I was looking at those pictures and felt like I was looking at something naughty:D

OMG then I watched this video, as good as prawn....

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hew3nTLamrY[/link]

Snaut Rocket 11-04-2008 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: syphon68

I was looking at those pictures and felt like I was looking at something naughty:D
Dude its an rc car.:)

Checkpointracer 11-04-2008 11:24 PM

I'm more than likely going to get the kmc truck soon, can't wait!

BTW Alpha Male: The remote glow plug is so that you can put the glow ignitor on with the body on, so I heard, it's really a good idea when you think about it. I know you were breaking it in but did the motor seem to run eagerly? Congrats BTW:D

Alpha Male 11-04-2008 11:43 PM

I know you were breaking it in but did the motor seem to run eagerly?
Well, I screwed up and installed my FASST receiver before breaking in the motor. I should have just used the stock transmitter/receiver because my Futaba is set up for many models and the settings affected my break-in with their input. The first tank went well enough, but I could tell that the transmitter was hindering the overall operation, since it was not a clean slate. I actually started to run a second tank, but gave up after about 5 minutes of trying to get it to start a second time because I ran out of time. The new motor is so big and tight that I can tell getting it to run for the rest of the break-in will be a bit of a challenge. Once done and tuned well, I'm sure it will run like a scalded dog. ;)

Clymer122693 11-04-2008 11:43 PM

After watching that vid all I gotta say is.....WOW!!!

Checkpointracer 11-05-2008 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Clymer122693

After watching that vid all I gotta say is.....WOW!!!
I was impressed too[8D]

Thanks for the info Alpha.

IloveMYxt2 11-05-2008 01:54 AM

Lovely looking machinery!!!

badboy2 11-05-2008 10:02 AM

how much did u pay for it ?it looks nice ..that igniter is powered by your rx battery right?i think its the same as the tmaxx starter and the terra crusher..id rather use the igniters we usually have .i htink its quicker that way.

Snaut Rocket 11-05-2008 10:38 AM

No i believe the igniter is powered by your glow igniter, you just plug it in on a different spot instead of the head.

HerrSavage 11-05-2008 10:55 AM

That's it, gotta get it.

(D.amn!!...)

KRO 11-05-2008 03:23 PM

This thing is going too eat the Slayer for lunch on the track , I wonder if they will have to run together ?

Time too convert my Ravager too a CORR truck :D

Clymer122693 11-05-2008 03:47 PM

Sadly Im gonna agree with KRO, the slayer is gonna get its ass served to it on a silver platter! Traxxas did kinda half ass the slayer though.

huskerdually 11-05-2008 04:43 PM

I don't really think the slayer and the sc8 are really even in the same class.

rcnitrohead 11-05-2008 05:00 PM

Not at all^^^

Traxxas' main purpose for the Slayer was to span out their market to include CORR trucks, not to actually introduce a purpose built vehicle for the cause. Sure AE based this truck off the RC8 platform, but it goes waaaay more in depth and has a lot more features for a little more. It's worth every penny, AE gives you a full RTR package and a computer radio/rollcage/scale mudflaps/scale beadlock wheels/ and tons more features based on one of the worlds most successful buggies. There is no contest...

Tom.

silverman1 11-05-2008 10:45 PM

The corr trucks are very nice, but if I put out that type of money it will be for a very good truggy, or the big ae 5.0 gt, or the large savage. I mostly runny large fields, rockpiles etc. The nearest track is over 50mile from me. I find my buggies strain to go in the higher grass. But again lots of these vehicles are purpose built. AE and traxxas have done a nice job on the corr trucks, now i am wondering who's next? Im going to say Losi!!:D

sheograth 11-06-2008 01:27 AM

Gah now I want one too. It really is the best looking trophy truck in the hobby if you ask me.