RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Anyone own a Exceed-RC MAD BEAST? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/8501160-anyone-own-exceed-rc-mad-beast.html)

Travisty 02-21-2009 09:27 AM

Anyone own a Exceed-RC MAD BEAST?

So I came across this truck, I have never heard of these guys but as Im sure anyone that checks them out will realize they resemble a Savage. I was wondering does anyone here own one? I am considering buying a Savage X 4.6 or Savage XL if I can find a good deal. But After seeing this truck I am reconsidering, I know all the Savage fans out there will be quick to say this truck is junk but without having owned one of these your opinion is irrelevant. I am not denying Savage is a great truck as I stated I am shopping for one but I would like some feedback from any Exceed owners.

Thanks

http://www.nitrorcx.com/exrc1madbe28.html

twomanytoys 02-21-2009 11:22 AM

RE: Anyone own a Exceed-RC MAD BEAST?

For less than 400.00 you can get a Savage. I think its over priced for a savage clone that no one has experience. It looks very cool. I love the wheels and tires. Also the 270cc fuel tank looks like it would work on the savage. I need to find where I can get one of those tanks.

SAVAGEJIM 02-21-2009 12:21 PM

Personally, I would not recommend Exceed. Some of their RCs are okay, but their are other issues.

As for the Mad Beast, This is really not even made by Exceed, it is made by Nanda, and the real name of the Mad Beast is really Raptor (Nanda Raptor).
The original truck is the RD Logics Wolverine. The Raptor/Mad Beast is only a clone of the real truck, the Wolverine.

If you want the MadBeast, I suggest you skip the clone an buy the real truck, the RD Logic's Wolverine.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=RDL99500

In my experience, in every single case, the original RC is superior to the clone RC. So, it is a very safe bet to skip the clone and buy the original.

In reality, VERY few people own either the Wolverine or its clone, the Raptor(aka Mad Beast). I personaly only know of one RCU member who actually has the Raptor-Madbeast, his name is REONU5142. You can PM him and ask him about his direct experience with the Raptor-MadBeast.

For TVP trucks, people prefer other ones: Of course, the Savage, primarily because you can find parts for it everywhere, you can buy upgrades from virtually any aftermarket rC seller, and because it is proven as a hard core basher. Yes, many are biased for it because of its popularity, but as I have found, that bias is not based on totall BS.
Another TVP truck that is somewhat popular (not as popular as Savage, but still way more popular than the Woverine clone(Mad Beast)) is the Durtrax Warhead. There are very few places that carry parts for Warhead, so you will have to order most replacement parts on-line. Also, few upgrades exist for Warhead.
Then there is the extremely tough Cenchain (CEN) Nemesis/Genesis/GST. This truck is acually tougher than the Savage and can take some very serious abuse. But like Warhead, the Cenchain does not have parts everywhere. And there are little aftermarket parts for this truck too.
And the Wolverine and its clone, the Mad Beast, no RC store carries parts for these. So you must buy parts on-line. As for aftermarket upgrade? I know of absolutely nothing that is an upgrade for these trucks.

Travisty 02-21-2009 12:45 PM

Very informative, thank you. Thats pretty much the response I was looking for and you clearly know your stuff. Much appreciated!

Travis

omarb 05-22-2009 06:50 PM

Hi,</p>

Just my two cents worth I own the Nanda version which really isn't bad at all even next to my Buddies Savage 4.6. The Nanda actually looks stronger with the whole aluminium roll cage which lends the chassis some added rigidity. Parts and hop ups aren't an issue for me here in South Africa as one of the LHS stocks everything for it, but thats here in South Africa... Also the LHS is a Schumacher store and the Nanda was made for Schumacher also but from the link you gave above looks identical to myne except for the radio, and I have 2 engines a Toki .27 which is lousy and the Nanda Raptor V2 .25 which is cool. The one they got here says it .28 so might be its even more powerful??? </p>

Anyway hope this helps in someway. </p>

quietnas1 06-30-2009 04:28 PM

I was also looking att the Savage until I ran across this truck. It is being offered for 299. Heck I PAID MORE FOR MY jato. I really like it eventhough I know I can't run to mu LHS to get parts. I'm going to try it out and see how it works out for me.

omarb 06-30-2009 06:17 PM

Cool quietnas1... let us know how it works out... just before you run it though tighten down everything and loctite... I noticed that the engine mount works loose after a few runs...

quietnas1 06-30-2009 06:25 PM

Thank you for the heads up.

ilanstylz 06-30-2009 09:22 PM

I own the exceed madwarrior, and I am very impressed with this vehicle......... yeah its not as fast or tough maybe as the real high end rc's, but I've bashed the crap out of it, and I haven't broken anything on it...... The only thing that keeps happening is the a-arm where it attaches to the front bumper pops out it i hit something front on at high speeds, and thats because they are only held on by e-clips, other then that everything has held up fine, I even jumped it off a 10+ foot cliff in dirt and nothing broke.........

bigairlife 07-01-2009 01:13 PM

as savagejim said, that truck looks alot like the duratrax warhead which is a fairly durable truck.  But he is right, you mite as well just get the actual truck.  just dish out the extra $100 and get the savage because there are so many more upgrades and replacement parts are everywhere.  Also, the build quality is probably alot better on the savage than a knock off

bigairlife 07-01-2009 01:20 PM

for any savage owners interested in the 270cc fuel tank, it can be found here:   javascript:mox();    just scroll down a bit and u will find it.  they also have the wheels on there for 18$ a pair