RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Warhead evo and Rtx? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/8878614-warhead-evo-rtx.html)

madmax666 06-24-2009 09:20 PM

Warhead evo and Rtx?

Hello,
I have had a warhead scince the day they came out and i have found that i need some parts for my truck but it is not ideal to order little parts all the time. I have the evo kit in my warhead so i guess it is really a warhead evo... but i was wondering if i could get a duratrax rtx for a part truck? do these two trucks have interchangeable parts?
Thanks,
Matt

OddsNEnds 06-25-2009 08:08 AM

RE: Warhead evo and Rtx?

The warhead has 14mm wheel hubs and the rtx27 have 17mm hubs. The warhead also had reverse which the rtx27 does not. But, that makes the rtx27 trans more efficient and some even say it is stronger. Metal spur gear on the RTX and I bet there are a couple of other things I am missing.

Otherwise, the warhead and RTX parts are interchangeable.

elven wizard 06-25-2009 08:38 AM

Alot of the parts are interchangable. If you need help ever rebuilding the engine or etc, in my Gallery I have a pic tutorial of the Warhead.

Elven Wizard

madmax666 06-25-2009 02:20 PM

thank you very much! i didnt see much difference so i thought it would be okay to use one truck as a part truck for the other. So i guess ill go ahead and buy the rtx on ebay and if anything breaks on the rtx i will use the old warhead evo for parts![>:]
thanks,
matt

madmax666 06-25-2009 03:44 PM

well i went to my local hobby store and got a few parts to get the truck up and running properly but it didnt work. So... i can run the truck well but if ran i think it will break something. so my problem is that the truck wont roll correctly when i dont press the gas at all. When i do press the gas the truck will move fine and run normally as far as i can tell but as soon as i let go of the gas the truck will come to a stop. when idleing the flywheel is spinning but the spur gear is not. so i was guessing that this might be because of my transmission... If anyone knows how to fix this that would be a BIG help!!need to get some more driving time today if can :D!!
thank you,
matt

elven wizard 06-25-2009 04:46 PM

If your truck is not rolling without throttling the gas, it tells me that the brakes are on in neutral. Make sure your transmitter trim adjustments are properly set without running the nitro engine. This might be a process of elimination type of fix. So try this for the first step. :)

Elven Wizard

madmax666 06-25-2009 05:55 PM

wow i feel kinda stupid.... that was the problem! my bro (he has the savage) and i were just jumping around the backyard and we had to stop because the glow plug died :( its charging now though and will be ready for today!

elven wizard 06-25-2009 08:34 PM

super have fun ![8D]

Elven Wizard