Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

New Rider: Steering woes

Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rider: Steering woes

Dear All;

Bought a nitro bike from HobbyKing. Setup as per similar to TT nitro bike. Even added in twin steering damper. I just can't figure out how to control this thing. I know that to turn the bike right, the wheel has to point left and vice versa....to the effect of centre of gravity. I tried it, but the thing just refuses to turn. It would always want to go straight or require an incredibly large space to turn. Can any one help to enlighten me?

Thanks

Old 04-16-2012, 03:00 AM

Default RE: New Rider: Steering woes

about how fast are you going because if you go pretty fast and then turn also brake a little also i think that tx has a roller thing on it to let you get more turn input it may be set to low where its not turning at all
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks. Slow to idle to turn...and I am on high rate for steering. It just wouldn't turn sharp enough. Am I missing something here?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 AM

I know this is a few months late but your steering linkage is probably setup to loose. I'm not familiar with the exact bike you have but most motorcycles have two springs on the servo horn. Try setting them tighter and see how it works our for you. The dual steering dampers could also be way to stiff. Make sure the steering head moves pretty freely.