Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Sweet! ! HOR Frame !

Old 12-04-2003, 08:45 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweet! ! HOR Frame !

My Suzuki HOR is underway......

Just started on the HOR frame. I was waiting on the Duratrax 8x12 bearings for the Alloy bearing stearing set (GPM # KM048).

I need to strip the paint of the spring and put on the some Red... or just buff the spring out?

Frame Mods have been done around the Crash Bar supports.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80701.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	79680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41089.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	79681  
Old 12-05-2003, 04:04 PM

Default RE: Sweet! ! HOR Frame !

If the GPM spring rubs up against the servo mount frame, I would suggest you just buy another spring. The last thing you want to do is dremel off the insides of the frame or the outsides of the spring.

I recommend getting the Team Associated red spring (22lb) for the TC3, Part#3945. It's a lot stiffer than the stock spring, and with the correct damping fluid (heavy) you can ride the bike at full lean w/full speed without the back end sliding out and crashing.

-Ian
Old 12-05-2003, 04:05 PM

Oh, and if with the Associated spring it still scratches that means the GPM shock is just too wide. Well, at least you have a stiffer spring now. . .

-Ian
Old 12-05-2003, 11:17 PM

Yea I noticed on the dry fit that it is quite fat. I will do the dremel and the Red spring with a bit of JB.

Thanks for the info.

Will post more Pic's as it comes together, I have a few other mod's in mind.

Like a spring loaded belt tensioner made out of aluminum round stock.

Deans base load antenna.

and a few motor tweaks.....
Old 12-06-2003, 04:16 PM
My Feedback: (6)

I had built one of those bikes...heres the pictures. I bought every last Topcad titanium upgrade also (swingarm, oil dampened front forks, rear sprocket, flywheel, front brake disks, rear oil shock/spring, gearbox, sealed bearing set, high output motor, soft tire compound/black wheels, and the Futaba speed controller/servo combo, ETC) I never did even run it, but sold it to a guy in the UK. I'd love to see the pics of yours when its done. At the time I built mine, I hadnt seen the HOR frame you have....that was my missing link, it looks super nice quality!

Name:	Qn38298.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	80218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93478.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	80219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26351.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	80220  
Old 12-06-2003, 08:51 PM

Default RE: Sweet! ! HOR Frame ! Updated

Great photos Todd, thanks for the photos always great for refrence and the guys building webpages. If you dont mind I will add yours to my site when complete with mentions.

I have a few update pics. Since there are not many building pics I thought I would post through the process and Hop up pics.

1. Alloy Gear case with bearings and size difference of the 28BB motor and the stock motor.

2. Gears and Motor installed ( did not have to enlarge the holes on the Motor plate or the Aftermarket Gear case)

3 . Frame with the Servo mount.

Name:	Xv65796.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	80281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19785.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	80282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72711.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	80283  
Old 12-07-2003, 01:36 PM

were can you buy these kits? Thanks
Old 12-07-2003, 04:43 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Tucson, sure, your more than welcome to use the pics. I have some others too if you might be interested. I actually came across the yellow Yamaha bike doing a wheelie somewheres on the web anyways, but the Suzuki is the one I built. Did the fame come with the aluminum gearbox cover? I noticed it isnt the same as the Titanium Topcad one I had. as for where to get one of these kits.....The best way it to buy off ebay, because their noty import to the USA anymore....Or if you live in Asia, or the UK they might still be available. Kyosho hasnt imported them since about 1992 from my best memory.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:00 PM

Well -"Gyrmg"- I did not have to trim the frame for the GPM shock spring.. with the right shims on the upper mount I have 1 mm all the way around.

New Updated pics... I found that I will have to channel the left side of the GPM Swing Arm to clear the chain about 2 mm worth.

3x6mm Gear case screws had to be bought because of the aluminum oval washer thickness....

Had to polish the brass axel tubes to fit into the wheel bearings.

Rear swing arm has less width than the stock arm. I used the left over plastic gear case bushings for shims between the nut and swing arm..

[X(]missing the lock nut for the stearing dampner!

"Todd" the Gear case is GPM.

Name:	Wt59008.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	80511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47390.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	80512  
Old 12-07-2003, 07:14 PM

does the thunder tiger motorcycle compare to this bike? I want to get in to r/c motorcycles but dont know what bike to get. what should I get?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:25 PM

The TT bike is 1/6 scale I believe. The Kyosho HOR is 1/8 scale. I enjoy the building process .. the TT bike comes 90+% built can handle 550 motors and is a pocket rocket.

I have spent as much on the Kyosho HOR as I would have on a TT bike. Its prefrence in what you want. Kyosho does not make the HOR series anymore so parts are out there
but you will pay a premium. Tower Hobbies has quite a few parts for the HOR the rest have to be shipped in from Hong Kong.

i.e. I bought the metal gears and sprocket from HK for about $32 including shipping , Tower Hobbies has them for $44 without shipping.

There is a Nitro powered version of the TT bike it will get you for about $650+.

I also have a NIB NSR 500 HOR (Hang on Rider) with the same hop ups as the pics I bought 2 of everything.
These are great little bikes. The pics I have posted are from the Suzuki kit, upwards of 250+ parts to build paint .

Do a search on Ebay- Radio control section- for "motorcycle" or "bike" if your looking at the Kyosho HOR.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Tucson01

The TT bike is 1/6 scale I believe. The Kyosho HOR is 1/8 scale. I enjoy the building process .. the TT bike comes 90+% built can handle 550 motors and is a pocket rocket.

I have spent as much on the Kyosho HOR as I would have on a TT bike. Its prefrence in what you want. Kyosho does not make the HOR series anymore so parts are out there
but you will pay a premium. Tower Hobbies has quite a few parts for the HOR the rest have to be shipped in from Hong Kong.

i.e. I bought the metal gears and sprocket from HK for about $32 including shipping , Tower Hobbies has them for $44 without shipping.

There is a Nitro powered version of the TT bike it will get you for about $650+.

I also have a NIB NSR 500 HOR (Hang on Rider) with the same hop ups as the pics I bought 2 of everything.
These are great little bikes. The pics I have posted are from the Suzuki kit, upwards of 250+ parts to build paint .

Do a search on Ebay- Radio control section- for "motorcycle" or "bike" if your looking at the Kyosho HOR.
The TT is 1/5. It is pretty much built in the box. Just add your own motor and electrics. Or you can -convert- it to nitro if you're so inclined (and talented) The TT will set you back about $220 to $250 depending on where you order it from (e-hobbies, Ultimate hobbies, etc.). It does -not- come in a nitro version, but the Nuova Faor 1/5 bike, which is very similar, does. The NF nitro will set you back about $450 USD without the engine. Look at Crazynut racing or rc-hobbies to find one of these.

The good thing about the 1/5 bikes, other than they are an absoulte blast to run, is that all sorts of hop-ups are available for them too!

HTH

STeve B in NC
Old 12-08-2003, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: drivercrazy23

does the thunder tiger motorcycle compare to this bike? I want to get in to r/c motorcycles but dont know what bike to get. what should I get?
Get a Thunder Tiger, put a Novak SS Brushless motor in it, go to www.CrazynutRacing.com for your hop-up carbon fiber bits, and start practicing your wheelies, wearing out rear tires, and having a blast!!!!

You might also want to check out R-C Groups Motorcycle forum. Mostly 1/5 bikes. Lots of good info.

STeve B in NC
Old 12-08-2003, 10:27 AM

Sheild your eyes "mollycbr123" I have 2 naked photos.

1. the TT bike

2 the Nuova Faor

You might want to call Nuova Faor and tell them they have a patent infringment case against Thunder Tiger.

Wait maybe Thunder Tiger bike is made by Nuova Faor for Ace Hobby!!!!

Have you ever noticed how many Audio speakers with brand names on them? Did you know that there are only 3 major speaker manufacturers!!

Name:	Db86025.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	80702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58158.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	80703  
Old 12-08-2003, 12:51 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Tucson01

Sheild your eyes "mollycbr123" I have 2 naked photos.

1. the TT bike

2 the Nuova Faor

You might want to call Nuova Faor and tell them they have a patent infringment case against Thunder Tiger.

Yeah, I have both bikes (one NF and several TT's).

They are really identical -looking-. There are a few differences in that the NF parts are finished better (machined vs. stamped) than the TT's, but up until recent improvements in the NF, the bikes performed just about the same in kit form.

Nuova Faor has upgraded a lot of the kit parts on their bike recently,-- better rear shock, GRP tires, smaller lighter rear chain, and a steering damper all come kit on the NF, and not the TT. The TT is pre-assembled, just add your own running gear. The NF is a true kit, in that it comes completely unassembled with about a 10-page instruction book in poorly translated English (from Italian). Fun, but challengng to put together the first time. The NF is available nitro or electric, the TT is only available in electric, but smart guys have converted plenty of them to nitro. Fortunately, the carbon fiber and delrin hop-up bits available, to make these biikes really scream, will fit on either bike.

I actually heard that NF filed against TT. And of course, if you heard it on the net, it must be true.

See if this file upload works. It's a pic of two of my 1/5 bikes on the trailer between the real bikes heading for a track day. The little guys had to stay in the parking lot. No track time for them

STeve B in NC

Name:	Ig11560.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	80750  
Old 12-08-2003, 01:21 PM

Tucson01,

I suggest you log on the yahoo group called "kyosho_riders" and take a look at some of the tech articles on some things that can help your bike run. Also, be sure to take a look at my photos folder "Ian's mods" for simple things that you can do to the bike to get it handling better. Of course, run your bike first, evaluate the problems, AND THEN tinker with it.

-Ian
Old 12-08-2003, 05:29 PM

I have looked over the photos months ago. I have done most the mods. Thanks for the tips
The Heat sink isnt done .... I am looking at going copper its heavier , but the heat transfer is much better than aluminum.
The direct steering mod on other pages need some work I am looking at a Pull Pull setup backside springs of course.

But I am not out to win races, Its more about having fun!

I am also a collector... some are just too nice to build... some are made to sell..... some are made to just have fun!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:29 AM

Great photos Todd, thanks for the photos always great for refrence and the guys building webpages. If you dont mind I will add yours to my site when complete with mentions.

Site? Where is that?! Please?!

So I can add a link from my site: www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Old 12-09-2003, 03:43 AM

ORIGINAL: drivercrazy23

they are totally different, really! I just bought me a TT FM-1e and I tried it first real run on a car r/c track. The TT is very fast even on a stock motor and old batteries, but also very different handling, and needs a lot more practice to drive nicely. I guess in time I will manage it!
The HOR's and the older MK1's (I managed to have all 5 of them since 1989!) are slower, definitely, but easier to ride.
They both have their pros and cons! Depends on your wallet depth I guess!

Name:	Sp45177.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	80957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73699.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	80958  
Old 12-09-2003, 06:21 PM

Stelios,

I just bought www.RcXtra.com, it is not up yet. I hope I will have it up by January 1.

We shall see, I will be hand writing all the source code for the website and will test on another server.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:44 PM

I'm repainting and reglossing the body on my Kyosho this week so I decided to take a couple pictures of the bare frame. They're attached below. Looks very similar to one posted earlier. . .

My take on the whole TT/Kyosho debate: if you have a lot of space, get a TT. If you don't get a Kyosho. It can be that simple. However, after owning both I would say get both! The only disadvantage I see for the Kyosho is that parts break easily (plastic) and can be harder to drive because the bike is light considering its scale. Thus one little bump will drop the Kyosho, while the TT will keep upright even after hard collisions. However, in terms of handling I have got both of them on par with each other. I can run my Kyosho fast on tight technical courses and yet still run the TT on the same tight course (have to take the U-turns really tight and slow).

Kyosho advantages: scale realism (body AND frame, but steering is different), challenge to build, customizable paint job, moving rider (<----people usually notice this first)

TT advantages: more people own them, std. electrics, durable, fast

Similarities: handling, price, fun

Name:	Us54840.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	81270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10674.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	81271  
Old 12-10-2003, 02:49 PM

Stelios,

I just bought www.RcXtra.com, it is not up yet. I hope I will have it up by January 1.

We shall see, I will be hand writing all the source code for the website and will test on another server.
that's great Tucson!
I kept a "favorite" and I will add it to my links, as soon as it's up!
Old 12-10-2003, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: grymg

I'm repainting and reglossing the body on my Kyosho this week so I decided to take a couple pictures of the bare frame. They're attached below. Looks very similar to one posted earlier. . .

My take on the whole TT/Kyosho debate: if you have a lot of space, get a TT. If you don't get a Kyosho. It can be that simple. However, after owning both I would say get both! The only disadvantage I see for the Kyosho is that parts break easily (plastic) and can be harder to drive because the bike is light considering its scale. Thus one little bump will drop the Kyosho, while the TT will keep upright even after hard collisions. However, in terms of handling I have got both of them on par with each other. I can run my Kyosho fast on tight technical courses and yet still run the TT on the same tight course (have to take the U-turns really tight and slow).

Kyosho advantages: scale realism (body AND frame, but steering is different), challenge to build, customizable paint job, moving rider (<----people usually notice this first)

TT advantages: more people own them, std. electrics, durable, fast

Similarities: handling, price, fun
Now... seriously, Ian, will you run this beauty on pavement?! This is more like a jewel for the shelf!

I m thinking of getting myself a 2nd HOR Suzuki, add suspension bits, the infamous silicones, the motor, tires and bb's and have it for running, while keeping my current one for the shelf, in pristine condition (practically not run yet)

As for the "debate" I also own both types and said my humble opinion; definitely NOT an expert on the TT!
Old 12-10-2003, 03:52 PM

Stelios,

Actually I've been racing this with RCMCC since September!!! And the amazing part is that the tires still grip like new and that the "Michelin" tire decals haven't fallen off yet. If you can somehow get the R/C bike video we made (w/onboard camera) this is the bike I drove towards the end of the vid. I've beefed up the frame and such so it doesn't get any abuse. The body however is a different story. The fairing mounts are cracked and the helmet, windshield, and muffler are scratched up. It's being touched up and glued as we speak.

-Ian

Name:	Yw66724.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	81294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47813.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	81295  
Old 12-10-2003, 07:00 PM

Ian, the video is on its way to me, thanks to Kevin (I also asked for... decals!)

I was telling about the abuse, thinking of my MK1 Pepsi Suzuki, which finally had the fairing broken... and as you can imagine parts are practically nonexistent anymore for them. The only MK1's I still see on sale, are a few Hondas and a rare or two Yamaha.

I am rebuilding my Honda HOR right now, thanks to the boys at the kyosho_riders forum, and I just found that rcmart.com DOES have decal sets for both the Suzuki and Honda HOR bikes for a reasonable $10 (plus postage). Not bad, huh?! I ordered mine for the Honda HOR so it will be *like* new again! Pics to follow as soon as I complete it!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.