Name:	Oj26037.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	140930  
Old 06-23-2004, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho 1/8 mod bike_Edit_6/11

Hey nice bikes!!!

Did you make the rear swing arm for the HOR???? It looks sweet.

Anyways i just thought id look at this forum, i havent looked here in a while just because not much has been happening. But ive got a couple of Kyosho HORs myself.

Are you on any of the motorcycle forums??

Id like to hear more about your mods
Old 06-23-2004, 01:03 AM

Hi Chuck,
thanks for your comment. The swing is made byTeam Dailed Racing Products. Other parts are from GPM.
I converted to direct steering- like the DWA bike. I have used the alum. wheels, they are too heavy. I have tried both separately.
The gear box, gears, discs are from GPM. High grip tires.

If you need anything, let me know.
Did you change anything in you bikes?

Thanks again for looking,
Kegresse
Old 06-23-2004, 03:00 PM

Kegresse

Im familair with all of the GPM, Kyosho and Topcad parts but i havent heard of Team Dialed Racing. Do you have a link or know how to contact them?? Id really like to try out the swing arm.

Id also like to see hear more about how you did the direct steering and how its working for you.

Heres a link to some of my bike pics.
[link]http://home.comcast.net/~chuckstunter1/[/link]

My current setup includes GPM gearbox, alloy washers and disk brake plates, Kyosho bearings, lightweight flywheel, chrome frame, steel gearbox gears, soft tires, front shocks, steering damperer, and a modified kyosho oil shock. Im running the Kyosho electronics and servo on 6-7 cell Kans 1050s with a tuned speed 300 motor. I like to run 6 cells witha 12 tooth pinion for regualr running and the 7 cell with an 8 tooth pinion for wheelie runs. Oh yeah also i run a silicon front tire insert that replaces the foam. It give you quicker reponse at high speeds.

Check out some wheelie vids at my gallery on one18th
[link]http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=2669[/link]

But this weekend im going with a new electronics setup
Im butting in a Hitec FM reciever so i can use my Airtronics MX-3. This will give me alot more range and tunability. Plus ive picked up a Mamba 5400 brushless controller and motor. I really wanted the 6800 , but a buddy had a deal i couldnt refuse on the 5400 so i thought id try it. Im hoping to get wheelie power witha decent top speed.
If you need anything, let me know.
Does this mean you have stuff to get rid of?? Just wondering.

Chuck
Old 06-23-2004, 05:23 PM

Hey Chuck,
I did what have done. I used a Tekin G12 ESC. The single swing works very well. It has
a 4mm rod insteat of using a brass tube over the stock 3mm rod. The rear wheel turn faster and smoother.
A alloy sprocket makes some improvement too. I think Team Dailed is out of business.
The GPM swing works pretty good, but the single arm is much better.
I run 7 cells. I like the MKI frame better.
I try to get the derict steering drawing to you soon. I may draw it myself or I just use the DWA bike set up.
I guess you have all the parts you needed. I have extra GPM swing arms, sprockets, gears,
and head light for MKI Honda from another company. There is a guy he can makk his bike does
wheelie all the time and he also put in a Novel 061 engine in his HOR. He gave a CAD drawing for
the fly wheel.
I hope my bike can do wheelie! I must see your video!
Please check back tomorrow, I have to go out.
Maybe you acn send me an e-mail.

Kegresse
Old 06-25-2004, 02:16 AM

Hey Chuck,
your bikes looks good and your mini giant looks pretty powerful. Have you seen my Mini 4WD Haft-Track threads?
If not, check them out anyway. Here is the instruction from DWA how to set up direct steering. The picture is from
Ken Harper of Winter Park, FL. He sent that picture to me.
Kegresse
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92148.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	147124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64292.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	147125  
Old 06-30-2004, 12:27 PM

Hi could you post a pic of the actual mod you did on your mark1? I'm trying to do the same thing but am unsure about the bends I have to make to the control rod, the mounting connections, and the springs. Also it seems like you only put one rod instead of two rods like the one in the DWA document?

Cool bike stands! Did you make them yourself?

Hey, maybe we should meet up some time. You probably have tons of bikes. I'm located in Union City, about 40 minutes away from San Francisco.

A friend of mine put an engine in his bike too! His name is Sam Bolosan. Maybe you've heard of him? Also Ken Johnson from San Francisco put the same engine in his, making two nitro Kyosho bikes in existence as of today.

-Ian Francisco

Name:	Wu59834.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	148963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94980.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	148964  
Old 07-01-2004, 02:54 AM

Hi Ian,
here two pictures of the MKI with direct steering. You can just use one- just need to adjust the spring position.
I met with Sam few times. He bike did amazing wheelie; I wish I could do that. I know Ken for many years. Is that
Ken's bike? I have tried to make a flywheel and clutch but I never finished them. I turned them too small.
Were the guy organized the run last month in Union City? I know someone live in Fremont.
I hope we can meet sometims. If you have other questons, let me know.

P.S.
I used Du-Bro Kwik-Link Control Yoke Assembly No.106 and Great Planes Servo Saver System#GPMQ3890 for the steering.
Good Luck!

Kegresse

Name:	Mk27298.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	149183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97058.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	149184  
Old 07-01-2004, 11:04 AM

Thanks for quickly replying! I locked down the steering head on my Mark1 a couple of days ago to prepare for direct steering, and will go to the hobby shop after work to get those linkages. I'll probably go for a single linkage since it takes up less room.

Also how did you mount the Hang on rider to the old Kyosho tank? The pegs and handlebars are direct swap but I can't mount his rear end on.

Sam and Ken I know each other very well! We formed a club here called RCMCC back in August. I'm the guy who keeps on organizing stuff in Union City. Actually we are holding an R/C bike race in Antioch (near Concord) next week for the Kyoshos and 1/5's at delta raceway on Sunday July 11th. It would be great if you could come!! Ken will be making the drive up so maybe you guys can carpool together.

Ian
Old 07-14-2004, 06:18 PM

hey guys im not really into rc motorcyles i gottta MT and i wus wonderin how much are those bikes like average?
Old 07-14-2004, 06:36 PM

The Kyosho motorcycle (search "kyosho motorcycle" on ebay) is $70 buy it now plus $25 shipping from Hong Kong. I've bought from that seller before - he's very trustworthy. The electronics add about $70 to the kit, making the whole thing about $170 ready to rip.

Ian
http://rcmcc.tripod.com
Old 07-15-2004, 04:40 PM

thanx man how much are the nitro ones(are theer nitro ones) and how fast do they go
Old 07-15-2004, 05:28 PM

The nitro bikes are a bit larger (1/5th in scale) and are $450 everywhere for the kit without engine. So you're talkin' $600 to get started. But they go 43mph easy! Just put in a .15 engine inside.

Ian
http://rcmcc.tripod.com
Old 07-18-2004, 02:31 PM

I'm curious as to where to get a nitro bike. I love speed and we have a banked paved oval here in Pasco, WA that is perfect. They run 1/4 scale and 1/10 scale there but I would love to start a bike group. Any information would greatly be appreciated. I did see in cable the bike races in Vegas as the Silver Bowl track (I used to run there with Kyle and Kurt Busch) but they didn't have enough room to get the bikes rolling. THanks
Old 07-18-2004, 02:38 PM

Ian,

Great website are you the one that put that together? I would suggest that you guys take a look at http://rcmcc.tripod.com/ . Very cool stuff and I get to Santa Rosa often enough that I might have to run one of these and come play. Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: rcman_1998

I'm curious as to where to get a nitro bike. I love speed and we have a banked paved oval here in Pasco, WA that is perfect. They run 1/4 scale and 1/10 scale there but I would love to start a bike group. Any information would greatly be appreciated. I did see in cable the bike races in Vegas as the Silver Bowl track (I used to run there with Kyle and Kurt Busch) but they didn't have enough room to get the bikes rolling. THanks
Holy crap! You mean i'm not the only one in WA state that is interested in racing bikes?
I'm in Spanaway just east of Tacoma. I'm not sure where Pasco is (i'll look it up later). (Walla Walla area, never been out there. Might have to make a trip if/when you get a bike).
If you're serious about starting up some bike racing here in the NW, sign me up!
I've been to fantasy World last year but I had the stock tires on my TT and it was just too slipery (they weren't putting any juice down, at least not that day), I've been to SARCAR in Renton but could not run because I was not a ROAR member....yet and I've run down at Timzone twice..that was last year as well and frankly did not do very well, I was still learning at the time.
Anyway, if you want to meet at a track day somewhere to have a go and put on a small show for the cage drivers Just let me know.
As of right now, I have plans to attend Timezone for thier August race just to get some track practice when I can. I might join ROAR so I can get some track time at a larger track (SARCAR), before then....I need it.
Almost forgot: crazynutracing.com, ehobbies.com and internet-rc.com all have a few selections of the 1/5 scale electrics and nitro's. You can also watch ebay for sure.

Mike
Old 07-20-2004, 05:57 PM

Mike,

I sent you an email let me know if you get it.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:28 PM

I was also interested in the nitro bikes. Just wondering is there a lot of option parts, or preformance parts for them?
Old 07-21-2004, 07:27 PM

yes there are.
crazynutracing.com has the best deals but ehobbies.com and internetrc.com also has some. Also, Check rcbike.com for a good background on all the bikes available.
Check the rcgroups.com motorcycle forum in the CARS section for tons of info in all the threads.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:25 PM

Do you still have any of those GPM Swing Arms you mentioned earlier? Please E-mail me [email protected]
Old 07-29-2004, 02:53 PM

Hi Lttlcheeze,
I have a new Red GPM Alloy Swing Arm, Gear Box & Alloy Steering Head.

Kegresse
Old 08-19-2004, 08:30 PM

Do you still have an extra alloy swing arm? I'm interested.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-19-2004, 11:28 PM

Hi Tom,
I have a new alloy swing arm in Red.

Kegresse
Old 02-18-2010, 10:35 AM

hi there all .i have a mk2 kyosho rgv its up 4 sale with all the radio gear and ok condition ,see my ad ,cheers