Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Large scale bikes

Old 01-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Slicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Large scale bikes

Great Knowledge.. 5150,

Absolutly Awesume! Since the mid 1980's when I owned my last r/c motorcycle times have changed in the R/C tech. and product advancements, I am so much looking forward to testing tunning and racing a r/c motorcycle. I do believe the information and experiences that is being shared has been very much a great help and should put me on track and has taken the guess work out of what I will be doing to get me in the competetions.. I am thinking that my real ambition will be to have the Nuova Faor SF501 motorcycle kit. and with a Turbo .18RZ I will rather have more power and speed and use a trigger control then the other.. Fantastic information and Thank You for sharing! It will be fun to do a product review with my perspectives.

Slicker
Old 01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slicker,
Yeah, I'm with you. Just like the real bikes I'd rather have a rediculous power to weight ratio and make it skill of the pilot more than anything else! That's when it gets fun is knowing your buddy is right on your butt coming out of the corner and if you don't give it enough throttle he'll pass you in a heart beat.....to much throttle and you'll be not only getting passed by him but also your rear tire and just right? Then you get that little wiggle from the rear of the bike as it fights to hook up and rocket you to the next corner! That's where it rocks for us!

Good luck with that and I have no doubt you'll love these bikes. Feel free to ask any questions or concerns you might come up with in the future!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Slicker

Hey 5150..

Thanks again..with your definition and putting me in the "mind set" being the on the edge and full competition competitor that I am..not sure if it is the Cabin Fever or the Winter Wonderland that I am enduring..however I just orderd the NX201-A Nitro Motorcycle-Full Race Version ATR With Siro .12 Engine...WOW and it is snowing today..can you put spikes and Ice oval race these...LOl j/k but it's a thought I used to oval race my Ducati 450 Desmo Cross... those where the days..my last real crash was 2002 with a broken jaw in three places..I only sport ride now..anyhow you certainly peeked my interest and now I will have two RTR soon..That wobbling rear tire got me going I remember that feeling exactly and pulled the last one off to safety with a side slide.. I can't wait to try these Motorcycles out..it's always good to have a "back up" when you go racing..

Slicker
Old 01-09-2006, 10:03 PM
5150Cat

Slicker!
Sweet dude! You are going to love it! Be sure to check out www.rcbikes.com and hit myself or Lorenzo up with any questions. I could always email you pics of what parts you have questions on if you need it. Like I said, after being at the site for a bit and doing some research I had my bike up and going the very first try! Pretty dang good feeling actually!

As far as riding you got off lucky with the broken jaw! I broke all sorts of things but the main part was two vertibrae.....now I use a chair to get around but still enjoy bikes and get to Infineon Raceway or watching my buddies ride! Although if I could just find enough duct tape......Really hooked on the r/c bikes now though. Pretty cool hobby!

Anyway, have fun and keep us posted! Post some pics when you can!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:15 PM
mollycbr123

ORIGINAL: Slicker

Hey 5150..

Thanks again..with your definition and putting me in the "mind set" being the on the edge and full competition competitor that I am..not sure if it is the Cabin Fever or the Winter Wonderland that I am enduring..however I just orderd the NX201-A Nitro Motorcycle-Full Race Version ATR With Siro .12 Engine...WOW and it is snowing today..can you put spikes and Ice oval race these...LOl j/k but it's a thought I used to oval race my Ducati 450 Desmo Cross... those where the days..my last real crash was 2002 with a broken jaw in three places..I only sport ride now..anyhow you certainly peeked my interest and now I will have two RTR soon..That wobbling rear tire got me going I remember that feeling exactly and pulled the last one off to safety with a side slide.. I can't wait to try these Motorcycles out..it's always good to have a "back up" when you go racing..

Slicker
You will love the NF nitro!. All you'll need is a set of crazynutracing upside down forks, a rear shock remote reservior, some PMT racing tires, (and A LOT of driving practice ) and it will be a fine race bike. The Sirio engine the bike comes with is not very impressive. It's fine to learn on, but you will probably want/need to replace it after a while.

STeve B in NC

Pic showing rear shock mod, aftermarket exhaust pipe, rotostarter on Rex engine, relocated crashbar mounts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30205.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	384631  
Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Slicker

Here we go!

I received my Ducati Nitro 999R yesterday...I am so impressed it is amazing how the technology has advanced and the creation of a RC motorcycle brought into this "state of the art"..Wow I can't wait to fire it up and develope or hone in some skills in operation of this machine..The detail and its stought durable apperance is just fantastic.. this may very well be one of my favorite rides.. I will be looking forward to finding some events to race this motorcycle.. I will be testing and tunning as soon as the weather permits me to..

A few questions .. what fuels do you guys use in your nitro motorcycles.. I have some Byron premium R/C car fuel called RACE ..I also use Traxas Top Fuel both 20% is there a fuel that is prefered for the motorcycles... I also use and like O'Donnels fuels.. How much run time do you usally get from a tank from your Motorcycle. Some races are done by laps or in time?.. where do you mount your transponder?.. Do they have clutch bell and spur gear combinations for changing your gearing? (aftermarket) I even like the Driver Figure that is included it appears to look like "Spider Man" it sure will look like 'Road Rash Man" when I get to running this Model...lol Do you Race with the driver figure or do you use the invisable rider as I viewed in many of the Video's I have seen...

Now I am tracking my NF501 Full Race version and expect it to be deliver here tomorrow...what an arsonal I will have ..I will learn and train on the TT and then race the NF..I am just overwhelmed with thoughts that my NF is even better then the Thunder Tiger's Ducati and being as pleased with that so far as I am .. I am totally satisfied before I even test and tune.. I am sure I will want to share my findings and will be asking many more questions in the near future..Thanks you guys for lighting the fire.. I feel the heat!

Slicker
Old 01-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Slicker

Mollycbr123

Hey thanks for your picture.. tell me is your chain a little loose? lol

Slicker
Old 01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
5150Cat

Hey Slicker!
Man! You've got issues with bikes! We'd get along just fine! LOL! That's awesome you have the NF coming! And as you can tell the Thunder Tiget is no slouch. I don't know how much r/c driving experience you have, but learning to drive these bikes really isn't that hard. Although I might be biased. I've been doing r/c crap for 28 years now so I might be older fartier than the rest of these kids! Either way I was really surprised at how easy they are to drive and manuever around the track or lots!

As for fuel I use O'Donnel, but that's just what I can get at the LHS. They are all decent though in my book. I've never really had any fuel that's been bad. You should be safe if you stick to a good brand name of fuel. Some of these guys that race nitro might have better advice for you here. I run gas models more than anything anymore. And they do have some options for the spur and pinion gear changing of the ratio. You can get some of the clutch bells off of Tower.

I also don't race much. Not yet at least. Trying to get enough guys hooked so I have no idea on the transponder. We usually just race for laps in the parking lots with some cones. Again some of these other guys will be more help here.

As for the rider.....a friend and I are working on new custom bodies and a rider figure. I'll give you more on that later. He is a clay modeller for Chrystler and we've made a couple other bodies.....now bikes are next. I'll have a website with a pics one of these days. We are shooting for early summer for some prototypes and some feedback from you guys. I'll keep you posted.

Keep me posted on your progress towards a .18 also. Maybe I'll take that jump when you do and we can get it all figured out. It is supposed to be killer from what I've read!

Glad you're hooked!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Slicker

Yes I Do!

Have some issues with Motorcycles...right now they seem to be leaning with the two new additions on my work bench.. I took some pictures and was going to post them here however I need to change my camera or settings the files are to large to download..

I will be doing a compairing of both of these R/C Nitro Motorcycles and as I suspected although I have a lot of detail to complete with the SF501 it appears to have several advantanges over the Ducati 999.. just a few to mention the SF501 is extra smooth with it's suspension travels and it has an aditional spring loaded front fork set up which will do some extra absorbing, attached between the servo plates.. I like the slide valve carburator also.. front disc braking in the front over the rear set up as with the Ducati.. a real bike rider knows that 70% of the braking comes from the front over the rear .. imagine the advantange you may have using both the front and rear braking? With the NF SF 501 it must be a case where "less is more".. I will need a good radio, receiver pack, servos , etc... cut out and detail the body and driver figure.. a extension for the glow plug ignitor will be helpful also.. I really like the tires on the NF they are extra sticky and soft, I think that over all It will be faster and be easier to control motorcycle ride the SF 501 will be... it would be nice if the Assembly manual was in English.. I can't read Italian..

Fast an furious? I can see two fantastic Nitro 1/5 scale motorcycles on my work beench now..and I will be doing some bench racing until UI have the right weather to test and tune my new R/C Rides.. I do have to admit liking the Ducati 999 nitro being RTR ..although it is not the same quality in my opinion it still is a highly developed and with some detailing may be very close to what the NF SF 501 will be.

So now I need to go back to a hobby shop to get a nice radio and finishing equiptment to complete the ARTR SF 501 Yes I will be back here get advice and ask questions about these products... I am tired this evening and not up to speed as of yet however I surely am happy that I have these hot Motorcycles for future involvement and promotion of this as a race class here in the North Country.. Thank You Guys for your replies and the informations so far..

#5051... I have been R/C Racing since the early 80's I will not call myself fartier...lmao who knows I have grown up children in Florida and the Myrtle Beach Area..SC I get down to the deep south once and a while..keep your Nitro Motorcycle running maybe you can show me how it's done?

Slicker
Old 01-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Slicker

Hey can anybody tell me how to load some pictures here when I try to it does not work for me it says my file is to large. What do I have to do to load pictures.. I put a couple in my Gallery and had no problem there..? Thanks..

Slicker
Old 01-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Slicker

How about aftermarket or lexan bodies for the 1/5 motorcycle?.. I see this thread is a bit slow not to many out here that knows or has the same interests..?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:52 PM
dammachines
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Slicker

How about aftermarket or lexan bodies for the 1/5 motorcycle?.. I see this thread is a bit slow not to many out here that knows or has the same interests..?

Slicker,

Sorry, you're on the wrong forum if you're looking for lots of information on RC Bikes. You'll find more than you know what to do with if you stop over at RCGroups.com - currently almost 2600 threads and close to 40k posts on the motorcycle forum there...

Dave
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
shvdcat

Hey dammachines its me shvdcat, i just looked on your site and saw that you had the rear swingarm and sprokets finished, but... the prices are a lil confusing, can you clear them up for me? it says that the sprocket kit of 3 is 400 dollars, but when you click on it to look at the details it says like 48 bucks or something. Can you tell me in US. money how much for a swing arm and front and rear sprocket and chain would cost me? thanx, excellent work dont ever stop makin these parts please.... Rc dirtbikes will be the next big thing in rc racing i can feel it, and youll be right on top with the bad *@! parts my friend....
Old 05-01-2006, 03:40 AM
brettos01

R/C bikes are great fun but you need a curtain amount of experience to get one running well.

Given a bit of help in these and other forums, there will be no stopping you.

Regards Brettos.