Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

best electric

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 01:57 PM
dalllas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best electric

what is the best electric bike? i dont want it to be a HOR. i want something bigger that runs on a 540 motor. What are some good brushless motor choices for these? and what are some of the options out for them? i like the thunder tiger 1/5th alot. it to be able to do wheelies, if thats possible...
Old 05-08-2007, 04:10 PM
whitham69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best electric

The best electric would be the KP07 or the Mclarny but you need a donner bike first. very little to chose between them. For RTR you only choice would the TTe or the NF. I prefer the TTe as it abit cheaper. Castle creation do good brushless motors. The 7700 of there is monster if you add some lipos in as well you have a wheelie monster on your hands but expect to spend money on spare parts as the wheelies are not very controlable and you will flip the bike alot. With some simple mods the TT can go very well around the track and only lack the turn in speed of the KP or mclarny
Old 05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
whitham69

You only really have 3 option of shops that specilise in RC bikes. they all race the bikes have great delivery times and have been doing bikes for years.

[link]http://www.rc-motorradshop.de/[/link] Greger in germany

[link]http://2wheelhobbies.com/[/link] Bruce in the US

[link]http://2wheelhobbies.com/[/link] Steve from the UK
Old 05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
dicko

I run a NF SF501 with a Novak 6.5 Brushless & a 7.4V lipo & it has too much power for racing around a track, i rarely get to use full throttle. it needs a lot of space to wind out. pulls wheelies no probs, but they're uncontrollable as Whitham69 said.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 PM
zach brenner

hi

I don't know about bikes but the thunder tiger is a good one and a mamba 7700 with 3 cell lipo will get you up to 60 plus
Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Guidoracer

I wouldn't necessarily say the KP07 is the best, but is certainly is a good upgrade kit. I have TT, NF, and KP bikes, and my upgraded TT electric is my fave so far. The TT nitro and electric can be made to handle just as good as the more expensive kits, though it will take a few upgrades.

The best setup to start off with would be a TT electric with a brushless setup (LRP, Mtroniks, Novak, Castle) and a couple of 7.4v Lithium packs. Just be easy on the trigger finger -- LiXx + Brushless = Wheelies = Smashed-up parts.