what servo to use on tt nitro desmosesdicci

Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

what servo to use on tt nitro desmosesdicci

Old 05-10-2008, 07:59 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what servo to use on tt nitro desmosesdicci

whats better to use , high speed servo or a high torque servo , i want to use these on the steering and throttle
Old 05-11-2008, 02:25 AM
bikeracer

Default RE: what servo to use on tt nitro desmosesdicci

IMO you can't have too much speed or torque.My preference is for something like the ACE 1015.
Anything except Hitec 625/645 servos,they just repeatedly fail and tend to catch fire.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 AM
splcrazy

what is ACE1015 what brand is that ? could i use traxxas high torque servos
Old 05-11-2008, 06:51 AM
bikeracer

I believe ACE servos are made by Thunder Tiger.They're also water and dust resistant,we seem to get a lot of wet races in the UK.
Other servos I've used and liked are the top end Sanwa/Airtronics ones.
I've got one bike with a Sanwa VX analogue servo on the steering and another bike with a Sanwa WRX digital on the throttle/brake.ACE 1015 also in the same bikes.

If you're only bashing in a car park,more or less any decent servo will do,but for racing I've noticed that a steering servo with plenty of grunt makes for a more positive steering response.

I've no experience of Traxxas servos,so can't help you there.

I think everyone has their own particular favourite brand of servo,but I've seen more people have Hitec servos fail than any other brand and personally I won't buy any more having had so many fail.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 AM
splcrazy

i definatley wont use hitec , i replaced the stock steering servo with a hitec and they fried for some reason and wasnt working anymore , ive got alot of traxxas cars and trucks and the traxxas servos in my opinion are NOT rubbish they work extremely well , there is two models of servos i have my eye on and they are both high torque and high speed servos
one is a blue servo thats water proof and is $30something dollars and the non waterproof is $29, i had a look at those ace servos and i can tell from the description they are the best but at $100plus i dont want to spend that much yet lol first i need to get experience in getting this thing to steer maybe i should take a lesson with that green alien from starwars and learn to use the force LOL , im just using this for general bashing not racing on a track .