Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Ricky bike steering question

Old 10-16-2008, 04:47 PM
TJK
My Feedback: (69)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ricky bike steering question

I just tried the radio on my kids Ricky bike. The steering appears to be backwards. When I turn the Tx wheel counterclockwise, the bike wheel turns right. Tx wheel clockwise, bike wheel turns left. I'm charging the 7.2V motor battery as I type this, so I haven't tried to run it yet to check if there's some dynamic counter-reaction that I'm not anticipating!!

I checked the manual and the Tx for reverse switches or instructions, but this is not addressed.

Any ideas?

Tom
Old 10-16-2008, 04:51 PM
nothinbetr2do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ricky bike steering question

r/c bikes steer backwards, this makes the bike lean in the direction that you want to turn. the lean is what turns the bike, then you use speed to make the turn tighter or wider. the faster you go, the wider the turn. it just takes alittle practice
Old 10-16-2008, 05:03 PM
TJK

Thanks for the fast reply!

So, my bike is working properly, correct?

Tom
Old 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
nothinbetr2do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it should be, i've never owned a ricky bike. but i have a few nitro's, and the way i told you they work in the last post is it.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 PM
TJK

It works! Actually. workED is the proper word. My daughter was driving it in a fairly large parking lot and hit a curb....twice! I think she accelerated as she got close instead of hitting the brake.

The steering no longer responds. It did after the first hit, but not after the second. The servo, if there is one, seems to be cycling rapidly back and forth, with minimal response to steering command.

Any ideas before I break into the bike?

Tom