Old 10-23-2008, 09:27 PM
flip3d454
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what gearing?

i have a tt fm1e bike.
it has the novak 5800.
i want some speed and tourq.
i want to be able to pull the front tire but i want some speed too.

thanx

flip
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Guidoracer

Default RE: what gearing?

My standard race gearing is 10:1. That's with an Alleven RC 10-tooth front and 25-tooth rear sprockets and a 96-tooth HPI carbon spur gear (48-pitch) with a 24-tooth pinion. That's about what most of us here in SoCal are running on large 1:5-scale car tracks. If I want to tame the wheelies a bit, I go up to as high as 8.9:1, but I always start off with 10:1.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:02 PM
ROBBMAC

Guido,
Do you use this same setup on your nitro, that is IF you run nitro as well?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Guidoracer

I have to admit that I pay more attention to my electrics than my nitros. I do have a TT Nitro, an NF SF-501 nitro, and the FPM R26FS 4-stroke nitro. On the TT, I ran stock clutchbell/spur, but with the 10F/28R Alleven RC Microdrive set. On the NF, I've only run it with the stock gearing and sprockets, but with an OS .18. And the FPM well, only a couple of them exist and it's geared really, really tall to take advantage of the OS .26FS torque.

Which nitro bike do you have?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:46 AM
ROBBMAC

ORIGINAL: Guidoracer

I have to admit that I pay more attention to my electrics than my nitros. I do have a TT Nitro, an NF SF-501 nitro, and the FPM R26FS 4-stroke nitro. On the TT, I ran stock clutchbell/spur, but with the 10F/28R Alleven RC Microdrive set. On the NF, I've only run it with the stock gearing and sprockets, but with an OS .18. And the FPM well, only a couple of them exist and it's geared really, really tall to take advantage of the OS .26FS torque.

Which nitro bike do you have?
I have a Thunder Tiger Nitro, I plan on getting the Venom to try an electric. My TTN is pretty much stock save for Pat's Brakes 2 front and rear (I'm installing those this weekend), GRP tires, Integy Shock and an aluminum steering damper.

Here's a pic with a neon kit I rigged up: