Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

kyosho hor?? help

Old 05-09-2009, 10:08 AM
SnSHampton
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho hor?? help

Hi all,i just ordered 2 kyosho hors and have been all over the internet trying to find out about the electronics.My question is ....can i use a seperate esc and reciever?i have found out that people say yes and they have to be micro.well thats good but which micro esc and reciever? some are bigger than others.i have a losi mini slider i was gonna use the electronic off of it but i dont think they will fit.i dont want to buy the futaba mcr for 80.00 apiece.bottom line is will an esc and reciever at about 1.5" long each fit in the bikes?any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: kyosho hor?? help

I am in the same dilema. $80 for the Futaba ESC/RX combo is just too much for me. For that price, I found a micro brushless setup the others said will work. (Reedy micro BL)

I have the RC18b esc, and an airtronics micro rx, and its really a tight fit. I will need to shorten all the wires.
The motor from the 18b is slightly bigger than the stock HOR motor. It will need some modification to mount it.

I have not installed them yet. Just acquired all the parts I needed. It's lined up after all my other projects.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:13 AM
lez1troubles

cheers
Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
SnSHampton
My Feedback: (1)

associated,what are the length and width and highth of your esc and reciever?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Generalfred

I use a mamba brushless s/c and a small futaba reciever (fits between the frame). It's still a tight fit, but it works great!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
drive2survive
My Feedback: (27)

just sold a TTE ducati and it had some mini stuff in it that fit real good behind the rear seat,yes bikeshave confined radio space but yes most mini stuff will fit right in, butstick to ahightorque steering servoand setyour ATV low or the bike will be squirrly as hell!!!