Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Kyosho HOR Build

Old 05-11-2010, 08:40 AM
grimgard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho HOR Build

ORIGINAL: Casper06

Wayshwing is this the Rx/Tx you are talking about?

http://r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail....od=rcps2805001
My 1/10th scale 2.4ghz RX fit just fine. its the one from RC4WD [link]http://rc4wdstore.com/2/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=616&osCsid=1ed85a099759ccfdcf0cf6a2742bd8e3[/link] I know they are comming out with a newer radio so you might want to wait. I have been using this one for almost two years and its still going strong.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Casper06

I use a Futaba 3PM 2.4 system and have a few extra Rx's laying around. I guess I'll see if it fits as well if not I'll hit up RC4WD that's a damn good price. [&:]
Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 PM
grimgard

I use a Futaba 3PM 2.4 system and have a few extra Rx's laying around. I guess I'll see if it fits as well if not I'll hit up RC4WD that's a damn good price. [&:]
What ESC/Motor are you using? You might want a smaller RX if your ESC is big. I used the sidewinder micro ESC and it fit in the radiator area ....barley but it fit.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Casper06

I am going with the Castle micro ESC and this motor:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLWW7&P=7

Wayswing recommended that motor as a direct fit.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Casper06

Almost done with everything I need just can't seem to find the GPM metal gear box online.

**Never mind I'm blind sometimes found everything I was looking for!**
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
omster
My Feedback: (8)

I'm just getting ready to build my NSR, UPS delivered it today I'm waiting on my ammo motor and pinion.

Where can I find a GPM metal gear box?
And any idea where to get the aluminum swing arm?

Any other "must-upgrade" items for a brushless setup?

This is my first RC motorcycle... I've got helis, planes, and a couple of trucks, but I'm pretty excited about this one! (would love to paint it like my CBR600

Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: omster

I'm just getting ready to build my NSR, UPS delivered it today I'm waiting on my ammo motor and pinion.

Where can I find a GPM metal gear box?
And any idea where to get the aluminum swing arm?

Any other ''must-upgrade'' items for a brushless setup?

This is my first RC motorcycle... I've got helis, planes, and a couple of trucks, but I'm pretty excited about this one! (would love to paint it like my CBR600

E-bay has everything you need. [link]http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=kyosho+motorcycle&_sacat=0&_odkw=kyosho&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1311[/link]
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
omster
My Feedback: (8)

Sweet, thanks. I ended up getting the titanium swing arm and also found a 8 pack of bearings especially for the HOR from Boca - so I'll stick with the plastic gear box since wayshwing had good luck with his bearings setup.

Now I just have to be patient for it to come in...
Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Casper06

My search on EBay was coming up kinda dry because I kept searching the phrase Kyosho HOR. I finally tried Kyosho bike and then the heavens opened up! LOL
Old 05-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Casper06

How did you manage your wiring for the battery pack? I have a couple 1600Mah batteries and the dimensions fit but when you include the wiring it won't. Could you post some pics? I would appreciate it.

ORIGINAL: wayshwing

I just finished an HOR. Had a gen 1 kyosho non-HOR when they first came out.

I went brushless with this build, and lots of carbon details. Used an 18A car esc from hobbycity.com, and a 20-30 5250 Electrifly Ammo brushless motor. Note the stock motor is a 20-30 (20mm dia x 30mm length). I first used a 12A rc heli esc, but it didnt have brakes, so I got a car esc.

Made mine to replicate a Fogarty Ducati 996 superbike. Converted swingarm to single side, and reinforced it with a steel bar. Made carbon pipes to go under seat cowl.

Drilled and lightened the front wheel weight. Dont go too light, or else front end washes out on fast turns. Not cool.

Full bearings everywhere. A hobbycity.com 1600mah 20C 2S lipo fits exactly in the battery compartment.

I was THIS close to getting a Venom, then realized how generic they are. Rider doesnt move, body has no detail. Sure its easy to upgrade, but thats part of the fun with the Kyosho - like a hot rod, making things fit !
Old 05-27-2010, 08:54 AM
grimgard

How did you manage your wiring for the battery pack? I have a couple 1600Mah batteries and the dimensions fit but when you include the wiring it won't. Could you post some pics? I would appreciate it.

ORIGINAL: wayshwing

I just finished an HOR. Had a gen 1 kyosho non-HOR when they first came out.

I went brushless with this build, and lots of carbon details. Used an 18A car esc from hobbycity.com, and a 20-30 5250 Electrifly Ammo brushless motor. Note the stock motor is a 20-30 (20mm dia x 30mm length). I first used a 12A rc heli esc, but it didnt have brakes, so I got a car esc.

Made mine to replicate a Fogarty Ducati 996 superbike. Converted swingarm to single side, and reinforced it with a steel bar. Made carbon pipes to go under seat cowl.

Drilled and lightened the front wheel weight. Dont go too light, or else front end washes out on fast turns. Not cool.

Full bearings everywhere. A hobbycity.com 1600mah 20C 2S lipo fits exactly in the battery compartment.

I was THIS close to getting a Venom, then realized how generic they are. Rider doesnt move, body has no detail. Sure its easy to upgrade, but thats part of the fun with the Kyosho - like a hot rod, making things fit !

I know this won't help much but I used 800mah 7.4v LIPO's because when building it I noticed my 1600mah LIPO's would fit but to tight and no room for the wires. I used a pice of velcro to keep it in place then made a hole for the deans conncector. I'll post a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72443.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	1443263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14951.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	1443264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10935.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	1443265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28049.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	1443266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do83378.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	1443267  
Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Casper06

What kind of run times do you get with that pack? I have a 1300Mah pack that will fit I just need to cut the wires down and re-solder the deans plug. I might switch to micro Deans connectors later on just to gain a little more space. I'm interested in how Wayshwing was able to cram that full sized battery in there. Would be nice to get as much run time as possible.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM
grimgard

20-30 minutes depending on how heavy you are on the throtle. The little 1/18th motor does not draw that much power.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
tavora

Hi guys

My name's Carlos and I just fall in love for the Kyosho bikes so...

I just bought a second hand Kyosho Hor from ebay which I guess brings the standard settings for this bike.

I'am totally new in the rc world so I really need some help/advice

Someone ofered me a Ansmann W3 2.4G 3Ch transmitter that brings its own receiver, so I decided to take off the previous one on the bike (Futaba MCR-2M that includes a ESC ). I've been reading most of this forum treats and I'am really confused about the ESC.
The store that sold the Ansmann told me that the Ansmann receiver already brings  BEC technologie and that I can plug the baterry+ servo+motor directly  to it without any problem or any risc of burning anything. Is that true? Or do I need to get an ESC?

Does this mean that the ESC is becoming obsolete as the chip on the transmitters and receivers?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: tavora

Hi guys

My name's Carlos and I just fall in love for the Kyosho bikes so...

I just bought a second hand Kyosho Hor from ebay which I guess brings the standard settings for this bike.

I'am totally new in the rc world so I really need some help/advice

Someone ofered me a Ansmann W3 2.4G 3Ch transmitter that brings its own receiver, so I decided to take off the previous one on the bike (Futaba MCR-2M that includes a ESC ). I've been reading most of this forum treats and I'am really confused about the ESC.
The store that sold the Ansmann told me that the Ansmann receiver already brings BEC technologie and that I can plug the baterry+ servo+motor directly to it without any problem or any risc of burning anything. Is that true? Or do I need to get an ESC?

Does this mean that the ESC is becoming obsolete as the chip on the transmitters and receivers?

Hello and welcome,

I am not familiar with the Ansman TX/RX but I am confident it works like every other 2.4ghz RX made so....

Your TX (Transmitter is your radio) the RX (is the reciever)

A BEC RX just eliminates the need to run an extra battery pack (usally this is 4 AA batteries)

You will still need an ESC, Motor, Servo, Battery, TX/RX (transmitter & receiver)

The old school Futaba did have an ESC built in but modern electronics have the ESC seperate from the RX (receiver)

You can either run the old electronics or upgarde them like most people do.

The Castle Creation Mini Sidewinder will fit (barely) and is sold as a combo Brushless 1/18th 5800kv motor and would work with your 2.4ghz RX I would assume the stock servo would work but you would need to see if the plug is the same as a standard modern servo plug is.

Or you can run what Casper put in his....

I am going with the Castle micro ESC and this motor:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLWW7&P=7

Wayswing recommended that motor as a direct fit.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
tavora

Thanks Grim

So that means that without the ESC the bike will run like all or nothing (acelaration) or not at all?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Casper06

Without an ESC your motor will not run. ESC (electronic speed controller) controls the forward/brake/reverse functions to your motor. Depending on the type of ESC you go with you can modify certain aspects of that. Are you just going to use the stock motor? If so you don't need to buy anything fancy it really depends on your budget.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
tavora

Ok, I get the picture now , the guy from the store knows less than me about rc.

I think the best solution for me as a beginner is:

Once the bike already comes with the Futaba MCR-2M (RX+ESC) + Servo + Motor + 2 chip (27.025 AM) the cheapest way to run it will be to buy a Futaba Attack 2ER 27mhz AM or a Futaba 2PL 27mhz AM transmitter. Right ?

Then when I get some money (in a near future, I hope) than try to upgrade the bike and start to use the Ansmann W3.

Hope I did get this one right
Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Casper06

You can use any Futuba based 27AM controller and it should work. Good luck with your new bike! [8D]
Old 05-28-2010, 02:24 PM
tavora

Thanks for the help guys. 
Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Casper06

No problem. Post some pictures when you get the bike.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
tavora

I've been busy painting the bike

The swing arm is not painted because I already got the single sided swing arm conversion set on sale (Atomic - 53.00 USD) but,  first I want to get used to operating the bike.

I only have two pics for now.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
grimgard

Looks Good! Can't wait to see it all painted up! Its super easy to drive! Just head to a wide open area an apply small amounts of turning. If you ever swap out the stock rims be sure to buy the venom gpv-1 tires as well or they will rub on the forks.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 PM
tavora

Ok ! Thanks.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 AM
tavora

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.