Venom GPV-1 whats in the box? >

Venom GPV-1 whats in the box?

Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Venom GPV-1 whats in the box?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom GPV-1 whats in the box?

I just bought a Venom GPV-1 RTR from Hobby Horizons and was wondering if the Battery is included? I know most RTR's do not include a battery but from the description I got the impression it did. Can anyone verify this? Thank!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
jb.

Default RE: Venom GPV-1 whats in the box?

Yes, a 7.2v Nimh battery should be in there. The transmitter will require the purchase of some batteries though.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: jb.

Yes, a 7.2v Nimh battery should be in there. The transmitter will require the purchase of some batteries though.
Thanks! I use a Thunder AC6 Charger and was wondering what kind of plug that is on the battery? 2 pin? or is it a standard tamiya connector? Are there any banana plug to 2 pin adapters that will let me charge it on my charger instead of the charger they include in the box? I was also wondering if the stock ESC can handle a LIPO battery? and does it have LIPO cutoff? I could always solder on a deans connector to the ESC.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
jb.

Can't remember what the connectors are called, here is a link to a picture of the RTR Venom Nimh. I boughtthis Lipo with a different connector but it fits the leads to connect it to the esc.
There is no lipo cut off on the esc, just keep an eye on the speed and when it slows, STOP! recharge and you will be fine.
To recharge the Nimh I cut the leads from the supplied wall charger and connected them to a spare (unusable to me) set of leads for the charger, job done!
Don't muck about doing anything specific for the stock esc. It is a pile of rubbish (the brake effect is ridiculously harsh), having said that, I still have mine on and just learnt to ride aroud the problem (I coastinto corners to scrub off speed).
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM

Dean's would work much better. longer run time and more punch. Just remove the stock one and use Deans. For the stock ESC I think it is much better to just go for the brushless setup as most brushless ESC offer Lipo cutoff and you can set it up according to you requirement. which is quite important for bikes.