Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Will RS4 body fit MT2?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will RS4 body fit MT2?

I would like to put anRS4 (Subaru) body on my on-road only MT2. Does anybody know if they fit? I have some RS4 body mounts if that will help.What is the difference between the 190mm and 200mm bodies (besides the obvious 10mm). Are they different bodies for the same car, or different bodies for completely different cars?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Foxy

Default RE: Will RS4 body fit MT2?

It won't fit (it will look too large on top of the truck, the body will be significantly longer and wider than the original). The 1/10th bodies actually go well on the savage trucks, which are much larger than the MT2. The reason for the difference in the width of the bodies is that electric use 190mm and nitro use 200mm. It's a racing stipulation I believe, which has just become 'the way of things'.

If you want an on road type body for your MT2, I'd suggest looking at 1/12th on-road bodies, but no promises they'll fit either.

HPI Cup Racer bodies might work.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried it once 2 years ago with a junk mazda body I got with a used, and abused RS4
Looked cool but was impractical due to the wheels being unable to turn due to hitting the body, and also the rear body mounts were somewhere in the middle of the back windshield from what I remember (the rs4 mounts won't make a damn bit of difference )
the 1/12th might work seeing they will be narrower, and allow the wheels to turn, but might not be long enough
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM
RCJuice

Thanks for the informative replies guys, I guess I'll look at some other options.