Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Duratrax Maximum MT nitro truck

Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM
R/C10Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Maximum MT nitro truck

I Was able to pick up this Duratrax Maximum Nitro Truck yesterday at the flea market for dirt cheap. The Truck is so Clean it almost looks brand new... This Truck has the Duratrax .16 Nitro engine in it. I am trying to figure out what year this Truck would be from. It Came with the original Owners manual and the manual is dated 1999. So would this truck be from around 1999-2000? also Are these trucks pretty decent? It Appears to be very well built. Any Info or comments on this truck would be much appreciated..
Old 05-28-2012, 03:58 PM
R/C10Guy

Default RE: Duratrax Maximum MT nitro truck

I Guess nobody knows anything about this RC???
Old 05-28-2012, 04:07 PM
nastyboys727

i never seen one but if it sez 1999 its around there
Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 PM
R/C10Guy

ORIGINAL: nastyboys727

i never seen one but if it sez 1999 its around there
Awesome. That's what I Figured. There is a couple youtube videos of this truck. They say it is just as fast or faster then the Jato. It Shouldn't take to much to get this truck going,and I can't wait...
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
nitrosteve22

My step uncle used to have one of these many years ago. In stock form it wasnt very fast but after a tire & pipe upgrade it got some pep in its step. My nitrohawk still left it in the dust especially on a small track but I dont ever recall him having many problems with it. Kinda wish I woulda bought it from him,yours looks fantastic!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
R/C10Guy

ORIGINAL: nitrosteve22

My step uncle used to have one of these many years ago. In stock form it wasnt very fast but after a tire & pipe upgrade it got some pep in its step. My nitrohawk still left it in the dust especially on a small track but I dont ever recall him having many problems with it. Kinda wish I woulda bought it from him,yours looks fantastic!
Thanks for the comment. I Have been going over the truck the past couple days. The Truck needs a new battery box. The original AA batteries were left in the battery box that turns the receiver on. So The terminals are very corroded. Plus the battery box that turns the receiver on is cracked badly. I put brand new AA batteries in the remote,and I put new batteries in the pack for the receiver as well. I Pressed the battery box together and the receiver came on.. The Steering and throttle Work perfect So That is a great thing. So I am going to buy a new battery box. Everything else on the truck appears to be in awesome condition. Me And my 8 Year old son are going to work on this together and Hopefully get it going soon...
Old 06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
nitrosteve22

Sounds great! You and your son will have a blast. Only other things I could recommend would be to ditch the AM radio/reciever for a 2.4 ghz setup for around $40 or atleast a failsafe if you keep the AM (cant remember how many run-a-ways I had with those old AM's). And decent servos are pretty cheap nowdays so thats a plus. Gotta say those pics bring back lotsa memories ,take care .
Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 AM
R/C10Guy

ORIGINAL: nitrosteve22

Sounds great! You and your son will have a blast. Only other things I could recommend would be to ditch the AM radio/reciever for a 2.4 ghz setup for around $40 or atleast a failsafe if you keep the AM (cant remember how many run-a-ways I had with those old AM's). And decent servos are pretty cheap nowdays so thats a plus. Gotta say those pics bring back lotsa memories ,take care .
Thanks! Yes Me and My Son Should Have a lot of fun with this. I Most likely will not change the remote. I Would like to keep the truck original as possible. Unless something is broke and needs to be changed. I like to leave things how they are. Thanks again for the Awesome Comments. I will keep you and everyone else posted on the progress of this truck...