Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro slayer

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nitro slayer

howdy all, just picked one up off the bay, I've read the "official" slayer thread,lol, seems that aside from the mentioned upgrades,sway bars,diff/shock oils,center diff./rear brake kit, tires, there is still the prob of it's squirrliness/stabilty....which seems to be either too much spring or too little,too much engine,(cant plant the power), and the rear end sag/squat under WOT..... what prompted me to buy was just to run with my buddy, while his is "stock", mine has some upgrades, RB TM .23, trinity Pro pipe, 645mg servo,sway bar kit, anything else IDK as it has'nt arrived yet, but i will repost what i find, my question is has anyone came up with a firm set-up for best overall performance/stability for this thing,I've noticed on his stocker that the squat is bad enuff under WOT that the front wheels lose ALL traction making the 4wd basically useless.... any recommendations are appreciated and as soon as i have a chance to vid. i'll post that up as well, Happy Holidays to all, Robert
Old 12-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Riverbluff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro slayer

Stiffer springs and heavier shock oil will help in the rear. I was really surprised with how much the sway bars helped. There are several different length of hub extensions that will help as well, but they are 17mm hex so you.d need to change wheels. I use mine for bashing ATM but have set up a couple race days in our area, under race track conditions I have very rarely went to WOT.

Hope this helps.

Bill

PS. Have been extremely happy with my slayer.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
mopartybob

Thanks, I like the idea of wheel ext., I also noticed that there is a longer set of upper/lower arms on the aftermarket, (longer than stock/shorter than Revo) i got the 17mm wheel adaptors on order, will try buggy tires to start with.... this is most def. a drivers type of vehicle, i like the scaleness when running on a groomed track,but due to the instability of it, i'll stick with my savage XL for bashing.... mpb
Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
mopartybob

NEW BODY.... i might go another way with this , stay tuned
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36641.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1836011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58574.jpg
Views:	28