RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Newbie with a new Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 AM
CHusting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a new Nitro

Hey everyone,

Let me first start by myself. My name is Chris, I'm 25 years old and have been in and out of the RC hobby scene for about 10 years.about a year and a half ago Igot rid of my 3.3 T-Maxx.

Just recently Ibought a brand new Associated SC10GT. Ilike it so far aside from the fact that I can NOT get the thing to run. I'm so used to the easy start system on the Traxxas.

Ihad it running for half of the first break-in tank then it stalled and Ican't get it to run again.

Now Ihaven't put a new glow plug in YET, and I'm thinking that might be my problem, But are they always this hard to get going? Ineed to take a trip to the hobby store and get new glow plugs.

Any words of advice or wisdom from any of the elders on here would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM
lilbrett

Default RE: Newbie with a new Nitro

Preheat the engine a good bit, you can use a hair dryer. What are your outside temps? You may have to wrap the head to keep the temps up.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Bladejunkie

CH,what he said.I did'nt have to pre heat mine(50deg here)but I've had to do that on several ringed engines before.My SC10GT started on the third pull,and after that it started on the first or second pull.just lucky I guess.While you're at the hobby shop see if you can pick up some front and rear "A" arms and the pins that hold them in,you will break them.If you can get the RPM brand they are much more heavy duty.Good luck with you're truck It's a kick in the pants to run.

Later Jim.

PS I would get several glow plugs some engines seem to eat them during breakin.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
CHusting

I shouldn't have to preheat...Even though it is only about 20 degrees outside, I've been trying to use it indoor. I have a 40x80 foot heated garage thats well ventilated where I am trying to break it in!

I will be buying a few glow plugs friday and giving it another whirl!

Thanks everyone!