RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

New member, old HPI MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:57 AM
SuperCheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, old HPI MT

Hi all.

I've finally pulled my HPIMT1 out of the tool drawer after 7 years and got her smoking again. The motor and carb were both locked up, after a little lube and heat Imanaged to get them both moving smoothly. After replacing the fuel lines, air filter and glow plug I threw out the pull start and adapted a 14mm socket to sit inside the pull cord housing to be spun by a cordless drill. Works better than the pull starter ever did.

Now on to my problems.

1:I broke the front suspension tree. Will the MT2 tree swap in? I've read mixed reports. And if parts are swappable is there a list of what is that I've missed?

2:What can Ido about the plastic spur gear?I've always smoked them and would like to swap out with a steel if possible.

3:My tires are shot. Foam is falling out and the rubber is getting hard. Is there a beadlock rim/tire combo Ican get?

I think that's all I've got at the moment. It felt really good getting her running again. I've forgotten how to adjust the carb correctly so I'm pretty sure I'm tuning her rich (tons of smoke but that could be the lube burning out) and I'm ok with that. The smell is half the fun.

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New member, old HPI MT

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10415440

been a while since I looked at the MT1, and MT2's but that link will take you to a post I did almost 2 years ago. I had a more detailed list too, but can't find it .

hope it helps