Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro rustler spur gear problems

Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM
kzimmerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro rustler spur gear problems

Hello all,
We have 2 nitro rustlers. We have gone through several spur gears recently, I thought they were stripping, but each time I took them off, I noticed that the metal bushing had melted the inner part of the spur gear, and the gear wne off center, wich caused it to strip. So, what's causing this? I replaced the slipper clutch pegs, but it does seem as if there is a little extra slippage. Is that the problem? I'm reluctant to keep replacing the spur gear if this is gonna keep happening.
Thanks,
Kurt and Victor
Old 10-08-2013, 05:55 PM
onewheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that happen once during break-in. Tighten the slipper clutch tension nut according to directions in the manual (tight and back off 1/4 turn, I think) and check often. If it keeps backing off, get a new nut - the nyloc plastic may be worn out. If the nut is loose, the gear will wobble too much.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:36 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

I use a drop of blue loctite on the spur gear shaft. Worn out nut or not, mine never comes loose. I've had a Nitro Rustler for many many years and have only ever gone through 2 spur gears in 15 years. I usually set my slipper like onewheat said... Tighten then back off 1/4 turn. Works fine. Use a piece of notebook paper between the clutch bell and spur to set the proper gear mesh.