Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

TRX Pro.15 Rebuild

Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM
PearlDrumsRule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX Pro.15 Rebuild

Hey RC people... I was wondering, when I rebuild my Pro.15 is it necessary to replace the connecting rod, clips and wrist pin? I am going to order my parts soon because the engine likes to loose compression when its warm and no matter what I do (since like last week) it always over heats.
Another question, is a quart of fuel enough to break in the engine? I'm doing the five tank break in when I get the piston and sleeve.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change out the cylinder/Piston and rod as a group. Make sure the crank pin is still round and not oval.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Sixtysixdeuce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends. The pistons in these little engines are so light weight, they really don't stretch rods like you see in a conventional gasoline engine. However, the bushings do wear, and cannot be purchased separately. I've rebuilt many with only piston and sleeve, but if the rod bushings are worn, I will replace it as well. On OS engines with the floating wrist pin, I replace it, but generally leave wrist pins alone unless there's a reason to change it out.

As for break-in, I typically do about 100 times the engine displacement. So for a .15 (2.5cc), that'd be 250cc of fuel, or about 3 tanks (most 1/10 tanks are ~75cc)