Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Wanted short arms for nitro rustler...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Wanted short arms for nitro rustler...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 06:32 PM
The13bats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted short arms for nitro rustler...

So I have this custom project in my mind and figure I can save lots of time asking since I guess some of you arre pretty savvy on parts and parts interchange...

Are there shorter as in more narrow wheel track arms for the nitro rustler, I will have to swap out the tie rods no biggie but will I be able to get shorter axles for the rear,
I want to make the wheel track more like a buggy IE RC10...
Old 04-25-2014, 02:38 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by The13bats
So I have this custom project in my mind and figure I can save lots of time asking since I guess some of you arre pretty savvy on parts and parts interchange...

Are there shorter as in more narrow wheel track arms for the nitro rustler, I will have to swap out the tie rods no biggie but will I be able to get shorter axles for the rear,
I want to make the wheel track more like a buggy IE RC10...
With its as-is narrow track, you wouldn't want it to be any narrower than it is to be honest. It handles like crap with any real amount of power and making it narrower would only make it worse. Besides; I don't think there are any shorter arms for it anyway. The Nitro Rustler handles a good bit better with Jato arms on it but those are longer.

If you want something buggy-like, you might want to just get a buggy or use a different stadium truck model. I think the MT2 is 4wd, that might be worth a try? Narrow wheel track and 4wd should go hand in hand IMO, but that's just me.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:53 PM
The13bats

I wasn't so much looking for reviews of the rustlers short comings as much as if the parts were out there,

way back everyone told a friend the "fox" wasn't gonna be competive and he won the A mains with it, point is they had better handling cars but he could drive his fox better,
same as when a new stang tries to spank my 69 vette,

I dont want to go win all the meets as I dont compete at all i just like building odd stuff....
Old 05-03-2014, 09:47 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by The13bats
I wasn't so much looking for reviews of the rustlers short comings as much as if the parts were out there,

way back everyone told a friend the "fox" wasn't gonna be competive and he won the A mains with it, point is they had better handling cars but he could drive his fox better,
same as when a new stang tries to spank my 69 vette,

I dont want to go win all the meets as I dont compete at all i just like building odd stuff....
I wasn't reviewing its shortcomings. I was more or less just saying you will make the handling worse by putting short arms on it IF they were made. I don't understand why you would want to make the truck handle worse. But to each his own I guess. If I find a set of short arms that fit, I'll post back and let you know anyhow.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:57 PM
The13bats

Since you say there are no short arms ( that you know of ) then you are guessing it will handle worse or you are basing it on things you have heard or the poor handling of even the stock rustler,
I never said I wasn't doing all kinds of other mods to it, for what I am building it for it will handle just fine, I have no problems making custom parts.
You might not get into putzing around with stuff to see what you can custom build but I love it....

how much you trying to get for the .10 I might just take it....
Old 05-03-2014, 10:28 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Well, I've had a Nitro Rusty for over 10 years and it's never handled very well. A buddy out Jato arms and axles in his Rustler and it was far more stable at speed than with the a Rustler arms on it. If you want weird, put Jato parts on it. It looks kinda funny, but it will handle a lot better. Narrow wheel tracks really stink for any sort of speed.

I have not seen arms any shorter than the stock sized arms for the Rustler in all the years I've had one. I doubt anyone would make them for the reason I outlined earlier. Then again, if you throw a strong enough engine in a Rusty, it spends more time on its lid than its tires most of the time.

And I do have my hands in building custom stuff. I have 5 wood airboats I built from scratch. One has already gone 50mph with a good chance of hitting 60mph this year. Has a Jett .35 BSE on it.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 PM
The13bats

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Narrow wheel tracks really stink for any sort of speed.
Tell drag car people that,

I believe you are missing when I mod stuff like a low end truck the end result is not a truck, at least that isn't what I use it for, so your ideas on handling do not really apply to what I am doing.
My big thing is oval, clay, dirt, parking lot, and in some cases these new school prebuilt stuff do better detuning the engines, you know like the tc3's came with restrictors the were so overpowered, trucks that come with wheelie bars are just silly to me, if its doing a wheelie its out of control and likely overpowered.

Airboats are fun, slapping weed engines to boogie boards, lol, I have built more sidewinders, and those old tempest whatever brand they were than i care to recall, i like the old school dumas style but the ones that get me going now are the ones that look like a real one, and dry running is a must....the most fun in getting air boats going fast is keeping them from becoming air borne....lol
What else I found fun build a wheel cart for the air boat to run on pavement, rc plane wheels work well, you can even have a wheel move for steering....