Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Improving Nitro sport on road character >

Improving Nitro sport on road character

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Improving Nitro sport on road character

Old 06-23-2017, 10:00 AM

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixerupper
Well I dove in and did the shocks- it was driving fantastic yesterday with just the servo changed so I'm thinking it'll be even better with the lower setup.
Yes - you will find it will handle better with a lower stance; for sure. Ideally they say you want the suspension arms parallel with the ground when sitting idle on the ground.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Yes - you will find it will handle better with a lower stance; for sure. Ideally they say you want the suspension arms parallel with the ground when sitting idle on the ground.
I'll have to play around with tube length in the shock to get it just right but the job wasn't too bad. The big test will be when the rest of the rustler kit comes haha
Old 06-26-2017, 11:47 AM

Got the final bits of the rustler conversion bits coming in so I'll be doing the upgrade soon. The more I play with the pro .15 the more I like it. It's definately lacking the power but the tuning has been a dream and it's fun to be able to max it out. Maybe I'll transfer it to my biggy or find a project use for it. Still going the nova route eventually however ��
Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 PM

Got the final bits of the rustler conversion bits coming in so I'll be doing the upgrade soon. The more I play with the pro .15 the more I like it. It's definately lacking the power but the tuning has been a dream and it's fun to be able to max it out. Maybe I'll transfer it to my biggy or find a project use for it. Still going the nova route eventually however ��
Thats good news! If you like the Pro .15 enough and it's in good enough mechanical condition, do the Turbo mod on it. I did it to mine and noticed a big change in how it ran. It still tuned easily enough, but it ran harder. Piston and sleeve sets are fairly cheap for it too. R/C Nitro Turing Car Racing's Setup Page

It won't run as hard as a 2.5 will, but it will be better anyhow. Even better with the stinger pipe from MIP.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Thats good news! If you like the Pro .15 enough and it's in good enough mechanical condition, do the Turbo mod on it. I did it to mine and noticed a big change in how it ran. It still tuned easily enough, but it ran harder. Piston and sleeve sets are fairly cheap for it too. R/C Nitro Turing Car Racing's Setup Page

It won't run as hard as a 2.5 will, but it will be better anyhow. Even better with the stinger pipe from MIP.
well as i write this ive got the sport apart and am attempting to change over to the rustlr parts- if this is succesful then porting is next!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:48 PM

darn missing the fuel tank assembly 4432. guess ill have to be patient
Old 07-07-2017, 08:37 PM

Welp, I have a rustler. Can't wait to take it out and see the bell steering in action! Next up is porting the pro.15!
Old 07-09-2017, 04:37 PM

Welp, I have a rustler. Can't wait to take it out and see the bell steering in action! Next up is porting the pro.15!
Thats awesome! I am sure you're going to love it. The handling is so much nicer and more precise than the direct steering.