Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

there are in fact 3 body pins that hold the radio tray for the mt2. these are the parts you need to order if you want to use them

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBTA0&P=Z this is for the center mount, closest to the antenna

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFYT5&P=Z this is for the rear mount at the rear shock tower and the front mount, the small ball-looking piece at the top of the pic is the front pin mount which just slides up into the front mount (steering bellcrank upper support)

Old 08-23-2005, 06:08 PM

If you have anymore questions, wont be back for awhile after today, leaving for connecticut in the morning and wont be back for a week. good luck
Old 08-23-2005, 09:57 PM

Haven't posted any pics of mine in awhile - here it is;

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49390.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	314269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50657.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	314270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81412.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	314271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu58524.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	314272  
Old 08-23-2005, 10:06 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Nice, I like that pipe and if I was not thinking about getting a OS TZ I would get it for mine.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:12 PM

grantothismo,

Could you post some better pictures of the graphite upper deck? I was thinking of getting it and wouldn't mind seeing some better pics of it installed. Does it save much weight, or just increase rigidity?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: MT2 Beater

the owl: Your fuel lines are also mixed up. The top one goes to the pie and the bottem one goes to the engine
Yep I noticed that too.
the manual actually shows them bieng hooked up that and a addendum insert shows it differently
all taken care of now.
funny the fuel wont prime if hooked up that way.
Im seeing now a few of you dont like the alloy, I was under the assumption from the last 100 pages or so that alloy ( in certain areas) would improve durability.
I really just want a truvk I dont have to fix after every few tanks.
After all these posts since my problems post, I was hoping someone would have some answers. I called new era and they suggested i move the rod end to a different mounting hole. The power transfer between front and rear was due to overtightening on the rear wheels.
Any spring suggestions yet?
I got the body painted and it came out really nice, for someone who hasnt done but three or four cars in my meager 32yrs.
I dont have ftp access from this laptop so I cant upload pics.
Ill try the upload feature though.

Name:	Ki20123.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	314370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60229.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	314371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42694.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	314372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98847.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	314373  
Old 08-24-2005, 01:16 AM
46u

Old 08-24-2005, 01:17 AM
46u

[8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 AM

All the alloy is new era.
The weight doesnt bother me, the money doesnt bother me. I really just want it reliable. Ill be putting a motor in it soon. Probably the OS 18 TZ. Ill use the HPI 18 as my spare for the Nitro RS4 3 on road I bought at the same time(havent built it yet)
I swear I read so many posts about parts breaking, thats why I went with the alloy. The bling bling wasnt the reason.
Heres some pics from 10 minutes ago. None of the camber/caster etc adjustments have been done. I ran 6 tanks at idle and 4 at 1/4 throttle for break-in. Thats all Ive done so far.

Name:	Us53207.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	314387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41039.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	314388  
Old 08-24-2005, 01:59 AM
46u

[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-24-2005, 04:23 AM

I usually don't do this but what the hell...

46u, what is your problem? We all get your point. How many posts are you going to write about your opinion on Alloy? If a guy wants to run alloy on is truck, he can do what ever he wants. I have been following your posts, and I don't think The_owl is undermining your opinion, but you sure act like he is, especially on the last post. If we had all the same truck, things would get pretty boring fast around here. Reading posts 2535 & 2538, whats with asking people their ages anyways? You think someones birth year will reflect their experience with RC? By the time my son turns 12 he will have 10 years of RC experience. Stop trying to pick fights. Perhaps we should ask you your age?

Bruno
Old 08-24-2005, 10:12 AM

CS MT2-- Nice one mate. I had looked at thoses parts myself but as I say, as I didn't have them on my truck, had nowt to compare with.

Cheers again
Old 08-24-2005, 11:34 AM
46u

I apologies and was truly trying to help. From now on I will keep my opinion and any help I might be able to give to my shelf. If I have to explain any more you would not understand.
Have a nice day.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:05 PM

hello every one i have a question my back plate to my .18 ss keeps coming off i put lock tight on it but i was just running it and got a tank thru it and when i went to get it from when it died i saw the back plate was coming off any ideas
Old 08-24-2005, 02:23 PM

I dont think 46u has been stand-offish. Maybe he is tainted by his Alloy experience.
I really need some help with the truck though. Without opinions on paint, purple or plastic vs Aluminum.
Like I said I have the two speed in my 18ss, when I sat it down today to run it finally, it barealy rolled forward at full throttle. There is a chattering going on somewhere in the drive train.
After I rolled it about 5ft I picked it up to make a needle adjustment and set it back down. Now it wont move at all. The wheels are on loosely, the clutch bell is spinning the spur gear, So I dont know where to begin to look.
I know most people have the single speed in their truck and they talk about the slipper.
Can anyone help me as to where I should begin to look?
thanks
A
Old 08-24-2005, 03:16 PM

im not sure what it is but my father has a traxas mt pro monster truck and its only rear wheel drive but he gets the same thing at times but he'll adjust the full throtel needle and its runs but i whould check the diff.s in your truck first
Old 08-25-2005, 03:20 AM

Hmmm, u have the 18SS so wouldn't have thought it could be your diffs this early on. Have u played with the slipper? If that is too loose your ride won't move, try tightning that almost as tight as it will go and then see what happens.
Go here for some help on that-- http://www.hpieurope.com/walk.php?lang=en&id=9
Old 08-25-2005, 08:43 AM
My Feedback: (14)

the_owl

Make sure you have the gear mesh set correctly from the clutch bell to the spur gears.
It could also be that your drive cups have come loose check the set screws.
Also it could be a problem with your 2 speed.
Here is how I would check the 2-speed problem...
Hold the spur gears with you finger so they will not move,
Then put the truck on the floor and push it forward and backwards
It should engage when you push the truck backwards and try to spin the spur gears.
If it engages when you move it forward then the one-way is in backwards
If it does not move the spur gear when moving it forward or backwards make sure you can see the center dog bones turning
If they are turning when the spur gear is being held it is definitely your one-way bearing or the drive cups are not secured.
If not check you final gears in front and back gear boxes.
I doubt that both your front and back gears are striped at the same time.
My guess is it is a problem with the 2-speed or the drive cups.

Also don't worry what some people say about aluminum
If that is what you prefer then stick with it.

By the way your truck looks really nice
Assume paint job I wish I had skills in the painting department but I don't
I know how to fix em not paint em.

Good luck
Old 08-25-2005, 08:45 AM

I forgot make sure your clutch is working properly as well

Good luck
Old 08-25-2005, 01:07 PM

hello everyone im not sure if any one else has had this problem but my back plate kept coming off my .18ss wit roto start on it well i put red loc-tight on it and that didnt work because the scerwes that go in to the crank case are to short so if u get 2.6x8mm hex head screws or get a roto start back plate and just use the screws in there but u have to shorten then up a little bit not to hard wit the dremal but i put them in with red loc tight and its holding good
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 PM

I know I have asked this before but I never got a response any info would be appreciative.
Has anyone successfully installed a real servo saver in his or her truck? I am going to try and fit one from a Savage or an RC10GT in mine. I can't stand the spring-loaded servo savers that go right on the servo. I have the strongest one that fits in this truck and it sucks. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 AM

yoyoer232:

I had that happen to my SS before I got an OS. Here is what I used to fix the problem. Dubro makes a tiny lock washer - you might want to try and LHS for this part, but anyways, use this tiny lock washer on all the backplate screws and they will never come off again.

I think this is the part:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE040&P=7

Hope this helps.

Joebaby35:

I just eliminated the servo saver from my steering servo. I have the Airtronics digital servo and I hopoe that it is strong enough to handle the pressure from no servo saver - but it is the best thing that I have found.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:57 AM
46u

Just orderd an OS .18 TZ.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:33 PM

Gran

Thanks for the reply.
From the pictures you posted it looked like you did not have a servo saver installed but I wanted to make sure.
I always use a metal gear High Torque High speed servo for steering duties in all my RC cars and Trucks. I hate the feel of the HPI MT\MT2 trucks steering with the servo savers they come with, even with the after market ones you can get for it the steering feels mushy. I think HPI should address this issue with a better servo saver built into the Steering Assembly like the Savage.

I am working on getting a Savage or RC10GT servo save in my truck. I don't think it would be a good idea to run my truck without a servo saver. I am sure something will break when I am going 50MPH or so and I suddenly go into cartwheels (not that I am a bad drive but it just happens sometimes). I will keep you guys posted on my success.

In case anyone is interested in going faster check this out.
I just got the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJYM3&P=Z]Onroad 18ss final gear set[/link] off Ebay which is a different gear ratio than the MT2. The pinion gear has 14t and the ring gear has 36t which should give you more top end, and they are hardened. What is great about these gears is because the pinion gear is bigger I don’t have to put any shims in the diff case to get the gears to mesh properly. They are exactly what I am looking for in my MT onroad project. This truck has Ball diffs in it at the moment but will soon be replaced with this new set. My onroad MT has a lot of bottom end because of the smaller onroad tires and this should not hurt the bottom end at all but will increase the top end.

"THE BEST THIG ABOUIT THEM IS THEY ONLY COST $10.19 AT TOWER HOBBIES FOR THE SET"

I think these gears would work great in a MT2 equipped with an OS .18 running a 52t spur and a 12t clutch bell. Just something I will play around with later on.

Name:	Vt56164.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	316905  
Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 PM

hey guys im new on this forum but ive been racing/bashing for about 5 or 6 years any way my 18Ss is going strong i got my alloy uprights C-hubs and knuckles, OS CV-R, CVEC pipe and so on im staying away from alloy arms and shock towers casue the nylons are pretty strong (and cheap to replace) and saves tons fo weight and they dont bend like my set of alloy front arms did

at the moment its being rebuilt once its done i will get pics.. i steered clear of what we call "hpi homo purple and gone for a full silver/black theme looks really purdy (only problem is a lack of cooling head its stock blue)

i have 1 question for the owl
were did you get that roll bar from i looked on new era and saw it in there example pics but not in there stock lists could you give me some info i have seen a few around ant that looks by far the best (would need to be stripped and re painted though)

as for servo savers im about 70% sure the DTX evader fits ill grab one in the next we days and have a look

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.