Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:49 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

wooooo hooooo!!!! I played hooky from work yesterday and finally got to go out and play with the MT2 to work out all the kinks..

I didn't like the way the throttle/brake linkage was set up so I scrapped all of it. I went out and bought a dynamite throttle/brake linkage set and used this.... it seems that the rods push/pull better than the stock setup..

anyhow, the truck was great to play with!!! snow hills became snow jumps.. this thing just rips like you wouldn't believe!!!

another note on HPI's customer service....
My pullstart rope broke before I even got the engine running, being not covered by warranty I called them anyhow, they agreed to send me a new pullstart for the engine. Yesterday the mailman dropped by with the package. I opened it up and found not only one, but two pullstarters for the engine, great deal from HPI!!!! I did expect them to stand by the product, but surely didn't expect them to send two starters and definitely not via priority mail at christmas...

oh yeah, and the OS .18 runs great in this thing!! It's never going to come out of the truck, unless I find an OS .18 TZ to replace it..
Old 12-21-2005, 12:13 PM

thats cool strat,i will be breaking in my motor tonight that link looks awesome think i,ll pick one up myself thanks for the link ,.
ORIGINAL: thestratcat

wooooo hooooo!!!! I played hooky from work yesterday and finally got to go out and play with the MT2 to work out all the kinks..

I didn't like the way the throttle/brake linkage was set up so I scrapped all of it. I went out and bought a dynamite throttle/brake linkage set and used this.... it seems that the rods push/pull better than the stock setup..

anyhow, the truck was great to play with!!! snow hills became snow jumps.. this thing just rips like you wouldn't believe!!!

My pullstart rope broke before I even got the engine running, being not covered by warranty I called them anyhow, they agreed to send me a new pullstart for the engine. Yesterday the mailman dropped by with the package. I opened it up and found not only one, but two pullstarters for the engine, great deal from HPI!!!! I did expect them to stand by the product, but surely didn't expect them to send two starters and definitely not via priority mail at christmas...

oh yeah, and the OS .18 runs great in this thing!! It's never going to come out of the truck, unless I find an OS .18 TZ to replace it..
Old 12-21-2005, 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mt2nitronut

thats cool strat,i will be breaking in my motor tonight that link looks awesome think i,ll pick one up myself thanks for the link ,.

obviously the link is made for buggies so there will be one side that you won't need to use.. I can post a pic of how I got it all together, it wasn't that hard though. I just used the side with double linkages and put it closest to the head, from there I connected the throttle to one (the top) and the brake to the other.

I am thinking of trying to use this linkage to connect my steering assy to the servo, I'm thinking put another ball up on the steering assy and have two rods pushing/pulling on it. This should make the steering more responsive and work better (in my mind)

Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 PM

thestratcat:

With the stock setup on the Throttle\Brake you can't make the screw too tight. It makes it bind. Putting on a different setup is a great idea to get around this.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 PM

oh really i thaught that third arm was a return spring for safety to push or pull it back in nuetral if something were to happen.

obviously the link is made for buggies so there will be one side that you won't need to use.. I can post a pic of how I got it all together, it wasn't that hard though. I just used the side with double linkages and put it closest to the head, from there I connected the throttle to one (the top) and the brake to the other.

I am thinking of trying to use this linkage to connect my steering assy to the servo, I'm thinking put another ball up on the steering assy and have two rods pushing/pulling on it. This should make the steering more responsive and work better (in my mind)

Old 12-21-2005, 12:55 PM

oh really i thaught that third arm was a return spring for safety to push it back in nuetral if something were to happen.

nah, what it is... one side of the arm has 2 mounts for rods, the other has one mount. The way they came in the package wasn't going to work, I put the spring on the back side of the rod so the spring is compressed during braking, the other mount has my brake rod through it, I actually used the stock rod. I'll post a couple of pics in the morning for you to see..
Old 12-21-2005, 01:17 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Well, I figured I would finally post pics of my new RC workstation. So here they are.

Old first, then the new one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83487.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	373690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98379.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	373691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44215.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	373692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11955.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	373693  
Old 12-21-2005, 01:37 PM

what's up with the "new" look dude? you know with it all organized like that, there is no way you'll ever find anything you are looking for!!! [X(]
Old 12-21-2005, 09:03 PM

dam i couldnt get my stock .15 on new mt 2 too heat up pass 118 even wrapped in tin foil and a blow dryer -3 three here in ontario should have waited till summer sh--.i ran four tanks of fuel tryin
Old 12-21-2005, 10:53 PM

Rapsucks07 - read post #3715

f150dan - I've been looking at the E stampede how long is the charge time and how long does it run on a charge?

Grantothismo - Thank You for the PIC !!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:26 AM
My Feedback: (18)

I have a charge time of about 30-45 minutes with my charger on Venom 3000 and 3600 battery packs. I get run times of right around 15-18 minutes with them also. It is a very fun and tough truck. If you want to get interested in electrics, then definately get one. They are addicting and they always start. hahhahahhah

I am happy with my new RC work bench right now. It is a little bit smaller then the old one but its alot nicer. I pulled up that cheap red Craftsman toolbox to help make up for the smaller bench. It was an early christmas present from my ole lady.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:10 AM

this morning included more torture tests from me on the way to work. I took the truck to the local state park and ran it... this thing is crazy fun!!! snow hills were nothing, I spent most of the time airborne over drifts... very cool!!!

(now it's killing me to see the truck sitting beside my desk, sounds like it's time for an early lunch!!! )
Old 12-22-2005, 09:19 AM

morning all going to lean out my mt a little and ripp a couple tanks of feul that should do it .
Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 AM

finally able to post some pics of my MT2
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81172.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	374162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63731.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	374163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74161.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	374164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44873.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	374165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zl70128.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	374166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iz38727.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	374167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sr58612.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	374168  
Old 12-22-2005, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Pede guy 9114

I've got a question for you guys...

My next door neighbor bought the MT2 by HPI 3 years ago. He drove it the first 6 months he had it and since then its been sitting in his garage, for all I know it still has fuel in the tank. It has a few broken parts on the front end ($20 worth), and the engine has not been cared for what-so-ever. What do you think this truck is worth?

I'm not sure if the engine will run... So whats the truck worth?

Thanks
--Pede
Pede,

If the MT2 has not been cared for then most likely your neighbour didn't even use after run oil - especially after putting it away. Having fuel in the car for that long is a BIG NO NO.

I suggest you prep the MT2 and try yo start it. If all is good then offer him anywhere from $100 - $150 for it - provided it only needs $20 invested into it as you said. Now if the MT2 does not start up or gives you hassles - offer him $50 to $75 bucks.

Good luck.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: ghostridar2002

What's up guys I'm new here and needed some help I tried the search and this was what I came up with 152 pages of this. Well I brought a nitro mt off ebay and I'm tring to put it together to race I replaced all the broken parts and now for the engine I plan on getting the o.s. 18 cv-r when I pick my other parts up also I have jato wheels but but what do you think of this motor and I what to use some parts from the mt 18ss. What's your take on my project.Please don't jump at me but 152 pages is alot and I don't have the time to read all.
Thanks in advance.
You will not go wrong with the motor. I finally had my O.S. 18 CV-RX installed in my MT2 this month - motor came from my RS4 3.

You're gonna love the motor.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: bradley_wrench

I just got 2 new toys to play with yesterday. I bought a buddies mt2 18ss with an O.S. .18TZ, and a Savage 25 with all aluminum chassis and suspension upgrades. I got alot of extra parts to include an O.S. 18 cv-r, and the stock 18ss engine. 2 gallons of monster fuel, street and off road tires for the savage. and all of his tools plus alot of extras. 500 dollars!!!!!! He decided to start saving money for him and his girlfriend and figured to do so he needed to clear out his collection.
bradley_wrench,

You scored BIG TIME. What a deal!!!!
Good for you.

How does the TZ perform?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Richs MT2

here is a pretty good link on the buggy wing [link=http://www.kedar.itgo.com/tipz.html#wing]http://www.kedar.itgo.com/tipz.html#wing[/link]
Great link. Thank you.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:48 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you have in photos to help explain what you're talking about. I'm curious to do the same.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: f150dan

Well, I figured I would finally post pics of my new RC workstation. So here they are.

Old first, then the new one.
Nice workstation.

I think I like your old one better. It has more character. Did your old one have more room? Looks like it.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:02 PM

dam i couldnt get my stock .15 on new mt 2 too heat up pass 118 even wrapped in tin foil and a blow dryer -3 three here in ontario should have waited till summer sh--.i ran four tanks of fuel tryin
I know how it feels not to be able to run with this weather. I'm itchin to run my MT2 and bash my REVO.

Be patient. We'll get a good day.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:04 PM

this morning included more torture tests from me on the way to work. I took the truck to the local state park and ran it... this thing is crazy fun!!! snow hills were nothing, I spent most of the time airborne over drifts... very cool!!!

(now it's killing me to see the truck sitting beside my desk, sounds like it's time for an early lunch!!! )
What is it you do at work? Your position?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Richs MT2

finally able to post some pics of my MT2
I like those bumpers.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: friday13

What is it you do at work? Your position?
I work as a dispatcher for a trucking company... I've already had the truck out in the yard for two tanks of fuel this morning running around
Old 12-22-2005, 02:36 PM

hey friday hows it goin,i am patient but i got a new mt2 and i was trying to break it in but i couldnt get the temp up pass 118 i ran four tanks 2 in idle like they said in the book cylinder head covered with foil and glow plug left in i got from rc article ,ran 2 tanks figure eight mid range steady on third tank and fourth mid range with the odd full throttle burst and even with that it wouldnt go above 118,dam cold hope it doesnt mess my motor i figure soon i will fill tank and run a little leaned out and a bit more throttle with cylinder wrapped.need to break hi temp to expand cylinder and piston if its not to late already.i ran first 2 tanks lean blue smoke and some spittin from exaust ,i figure i might have bin running a little too lean.
ORIGINAL: friday13

I know how it feels not to be able to run with this weather. I'm itchin to run my MT2 and bash my REVO.

Be patient. We'll get a good day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.