Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Which car do u alll perfer the nitro rush evo or mt-2 or xxx-nt sport 2?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:42 PM

hi,
after reading all the 34 or 35 pages of this post, I still have a couple of questions.

First of all I dont have an MT2 but I have a MT Racer with an O.S. .15cvrx( luckily never had any problems whit the diffs )

I just sold this engine and I bought a .18 cvrx!!!
I haven't installed it yet but I'd'like to know what you guys( girls ) think about putting a 16T clutch bell( 52T spur ) for street riding!
Cause I would like to have more top speed but I dont want to sacrifice too much the acceleration.( I dont want to install my 2 speed transmission cause I keep stripping the second spur gear with the .15 cvrx!!!! )
Does the .18cvrx have enough low end power to compensate for the 16T CB?

I would also like to know if my HPI racing clutch will hold up and what is a good upgrade for it.
And finally what should I do about the diffs? Heavy duty?

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:08 PM
My Feedback: (15)

The MIP Boost Bottle kit increases the nitro engine's bottom end acceleration while making the power band more consistang than ever before. Some people think they're a waste of money and some think they do help the engines power. If you're going to be on and off the throttle, it also helps out in that area and keeps the engine from bogging down during acceleration again. If you race or just want better performance, you should get one. It's pretty easy to install. All you have to do is change the carb pinch, you'll have to use a dremmel to make it fit and then use the supplied drill bit and drill guide to drill a hole in the bottom of the carb. It works for me and I like it. It's only $25 and is effective.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:35 PM

speedygab:

I have heard of people putting an 15T with a 52 with no problem, I would thnk that the torque of the .18 could handle it. I run the stock 12T for the incredible launch out of the corners. The MT really shows itself with excelleration. The OS .18 is an excelent choice.

savageboi:

From your name I am guessing that you have a Savage. Your MT will not have the durability of your savage with an OS .18 in it. Easiriding is right that certain parts should be upgraded, but do not need to be. You can run your MT with as many of the stock parts that you care to, I have chossen to upgrade mine. Most of the stock parts are cheap and easy to replace. I would get the engine and replace parts as needed if you are on a budget.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:55 PM

klatt_89:well for 25 bucks im gonna get a boost bottle, could you give me a link to where you got yours?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:21 AM

This is the link where I got my boost bottle. There are a couple to choose from.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...le&FVPROFIL=++
Old 01-03-2005, 12:34 AM

whitetrashmafia99, just make sure that you get one that has the carb pinch, drill guide, and drill bit, it's a lot easier to insatall if you get the kit that has those few parts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:48 AM

What type of fuels do you run in your HPI MT 2's? Right now i'm runin Trinity Nitro Power Platinum Race Blend 30%. I run it a little rich and it runs sweet.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:10 PM

can i use the stock exhaust header with the O.S. .18??

oh and by the way, go to e-bay and type in 5947036525 in the search bar, and check out the DUAL EXHAUST i just bought for my MT2!! its sweeettt!!

Old 01-03-2005, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Richs MT2

eazyriding,
ditch the plastic hubs for [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000414494&I=LXDAS7&P=K]these aluminum ones[/link] and at the least swap the stock clutch for[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000414494&I=HPIC0885&P=K]this one[/link] these two items are are the only two problems other than driving into curbs.

daniel the rs4/3 stuff will work on the outdrive parts except fot the C-hubs
Richs MT2,

Those front & rear knuckle arms from Hot Bodies have been discontinued now according to Tower Hobbies website. Any one have a suggestion for a replacement?

GS
Old 01-03-2005, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: gstaat

ORIGINAL: Richs MT2

eazyriding,
ditch the plastic hubs for [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000414494&I=LXDAS7&P=K]these aluminum ones[/link] and at the least swap the stock clutch for[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000414494&I=HPIC0885&P=K]this one[/link] these two items are are the only two problems other than driving into curbs.

daniel the rs4/3 stuff will work on the outdrive parts except fot the C-hubs
Richs MT2,

Those front & rear knuckle arms from Hot Bodies have been discontinued now according to Tower Hobbies website. Any one have a suggestion for a replacement?

GS

ya, neweramodels.com
Old 01-03-2005, 09:18 PM

klatt_89: Last summer i baught 2 gallons of this fuel called omega, its 14 percent. i think its the reason my mt2 has never run right. i only used it because its all my closest hobby shop carryed, but thank god he started buying more stock and ordered some 20% hpi fuel.

mr studdness: dude im sorrey but i really dont like your exhaust, if i gave you 35 dollars would you take it back off. man whats wrong with the big fat tuned pipe? doesnt that kill your engine performance?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:37 AM

My OS .18 ate my spur gear yesterday. The spring melted through the spur gear. and i had it pretty tight so it wouldnt slip. Just goes to show you that thing puts out some torque. lol.

Do those savage robinson gears setup so they still use the slipper parts?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omega is a 50% synthetic/50% castor blend that has 17% oil content and comes with 10% or 15% nitro, from Morgan Fuels (the Blue Thunder folks).

I run the 10% in my MT2, and it runs just fine. The castor really helps to protect the engine from a lean run. Yes, it would run "faster" with higher nitro. I'm happy with the truck's performance, and the engine is happy too.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:32 PM
My Feedback: (8)

hi all i am getting my MT2 tomarrow and was wondering if the electric RS4 A-arms(front and back) would work at all?
Old 01-06-2005, 04:24 AM

Is it common for the washer on the bottom of the shock mount to contact the inside of the rear rims? Mine has some scrape marks on them, but not all the way round. Thanks for any and all info.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:25 PM

well i need a little help. i will start off witht he small stuff. i need a new clutch bell/gear. the teeth on it have been wore down and pointed. the spur gear is fine. the bearing is also bad in it. has anyone had this problem with that gear? is there a aftermarket one that is tougher? now for my bigger problem, it wont be long before i will have to replace the engine (or resleeve). it has lost compresion and i had to idle it up. it just dont run as good. i can get a little more out of it but its not going to be long. i have only run about a gallon through it. of course some of that was in cold weather which i know is not good for it. i am almost sure i am going to replace the whole engine. i dont want to go to a .18 because i dont want any more problems and i dont really need that much power. i am thinking about a hpi .15ss or some other brand .15 that is higher output then the t-15 that come on the mt2. that with a tuned pipe will be plenty of power i believe. i need some help on this though. what brand engine? what model? any input on any of this will be great. thanks, matt
Old 01-06-2005, 10:47 PM
My Feedback: (4)

What boddies fit the nitro mt2? I cant seem to find very good ones other than the ones made buy hpi
Old 01-07-2005, 05:07 PM

Admin plz delete. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:10 PM

Thats nice thanks for sharing. I would also like to know what bodies other then HPI's will fit, I would think any of them out there would fit.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 AM

Guys can you help me out? When I throttle up and then back down, the servo bar returns to the "neutral" position like is should BUT the actual carb is still wayyyy open and the engine continue to screams (and I have to drive it into a wall or something to stop the truck from hurting anyone in the area...not fun). Testing it when the engine is off, its seems to stick randomly, sometimes returning to position, sometimes not.

Is the carb broken, dirty or what?

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:43 AM

You have to reposition the throttle servo arm so that it is closed in the neutral position or maybe your trim setting on you throttle channel is way up.

I was actually having one of the better runs tonight but I think my throttle servo has died and the thing went full throttle and went straight for a large snow bank and jumped it, thankfully it landed on it's roof and didn't go any farther. So after I played hockey tonight I got in the house and checked to see what happened and that is what happened the throttle servo moves extremly slow but the steering servo is the same speed as before.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: klatt_89

The MIP Boost Bottle kit increases the nitro engine's bottom end acceleration while making the power band more consistang than ever before. Some people think they're a waste of money and some think they do help the engines power. If you're going to be on and off the throttle, it also helps out in that area and keeps the engine from bogging down during acceleration again. If you race or just want better performance, you should get one. It's pretty easy to install. All you have to do is change the carb pinch, you'll have to use a dremmel to make it fit and then use the supplied drill bit and drill guide to drill a hole in the bottom of the carb. It works for me and I like it. It's only $25 and is effective.
I've looked @ Tower Hobby & all I see is MIP B B.'s for the T Maxx & Savage, unless I'm missing something. Did you use one of those kits? Also, did you use a tap on the hole or did the nipple tread in on it's own? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: solo2guy

You have to reposition the throttle servo arm so that it is closed in the neutral position or maybe your trim setting on you throttle channel is way up.

I was actually having one of the better runs tonight but I think my throttle servo has died and the thing went full throttle and went straight for a large snow bank and jumped it, thankfully it landed on it's roof and didn't go any farther. So after I played hockey tonight I got in the house and checked to see what happened and that is what happened the throttle servo moves extremly slow but the steering servo is the same speed as before.
Mine did the very same thing. Check to make sure the nut holding the throttle linkage arm to the carb is tight. Mine loosened & when the servo pulled the arm back the carb stayed wide open.

MOSTMUSCLE; this is most likely your exact problem. I had the very same thing, I'd bench test it & it's scream wide open. I was scratching my head untill I took off the air cleaner (w/ the engine off) & ran the servo, noticing that the carb was indeed wide open w/ the servo back down. So I watched the servo arm as I run it back n' forth & seen the the carb shaft was most of the tim running open fine but did not come back. That's when I caught the loose nut. & it will keep on doing it to, even if you tighten it. Sure, mine lasted an hour or so (If that) but then loosened again so I took some blue thread lock to it & those problems are all behind me now.
Keeep this in mind; (Just incase your relatively new to nitro) once you reposition the servo arm you'll have to re adjust everything, the carb postion settings & also the brake & it can be a nightmare to get it back in line if you're not used to it. I've noticed this setup on the MT2 can be a pain to dial in.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:41 PM

I've got a problem.

Yesterday me and some friends where driving the MT2 around The Common. You know, The Common, tis a small wood in our town with trees, mud, BMX and downhill tracks - Loads of jumps and rough ground to bounce about on. Anyway we found this small hill with tree roots sticking out the side and lots of pits/holes in it. We tried to use it like a trails(?) track by driving up the side of it, avoiding the roots and picking the best path. Only every time the car stoped on the hill (which was all the time) it couldnt pull of again and would stall. If we drove at the hill fast from the bottom it would make it up, but if you stoped you had no chance.

Basically my car wont hill start!

Now a while back i fitted a lightned flywheel to the stock engine. The flywheel I used is stupidly light, was designed for a smaller car (the RS4 I think) but it is purple and vented so i got it [sm=spinnyeyes.gif].

What I would like to know is:> is it possible to do hill starts on a 35 degree hill? Is it dependant on setup? and have I done bad by putting on that flywheel? Im guessing there either isnt enough available power in the engine to overcome gravity and turn the wheels up a hill or there isnt enough stored energy in the rotating mass of the flywheel. (or maby I just tuned it badly. very possible). Any ideas if I can use the MT2 in this way (up hill trails) or am i asking to much from it?? (we all though in our simple way that 'cos its 4WD this stuff would be easy!)

and sorry for massive post on only one crap question

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.