Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

I asked this once and not sure if any one knows but here it goes again. Does any one know how much longer the front suspension arms are on the MT2 comparison to the original MT?

Yes I have seen the superchargers. Buy one and let all know how it works and if it is worth it. All so wonder how they hold up?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:09 PM

im planning on buying an mt2ss and i was wondering if i swiched the stock plastic pipe for the on used in rc10gt's
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX3419&P=Z
would i get more top end or low end or both?
i happen to have one lying around.

thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:10 PM

os this thing a good basher or what naturally it wont take as much as my savage

but what will it handle im pretty hard on my rc's

thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2005, 11:10 PM

im planning on buying an mt2ss and i was wondering if i swiched the stock plastic pipe for the on used in rc10gt's

thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:30 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: TEAM A

thanks.
I would say if you have one lying around try it and make your Owen dissection. I like the ripple pipe myself.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:23 PM

Hi there. Some one spoke about the carb return spring but no one has answered the question... Does any one know where to buy them from and how to install them? I have a failsafe installed but want to be real careful and install the return spring as i love my MT2 to bits and don't wanna see it in bits!!! Ive spent enough on HOP UP (will post soon).
Cheers guys
Old 02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: ejmovies

Hi there. Some one spoke about the carb return spring but no one has answered the question... Does any one know where to buy them from and how to install them? I have a failsafe installed but want to be real careful and install the return spring as i love my MT2 to bits and don't wanna see it in bits!!! Ive spent enough on HOP UP (will post soon).
Cheers guys
Tower Hobbies has them do a search on there site. As far as installing them you just go from the carb arm and anchor the other end some where it will pull it shout.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:44 PM

we should get the rushes together i would love to compare
Old 02-10-2005, 11:50 AM

hey guys, im after a new steering servo, one that is better than the stock one but can just simple replace the stock one. Any of you guys know of a good site that deliver to the UK?? any help woud be gr8 :-)
Old 02-10-2005, 12:36 PM

About the throttle return spring; I found this on RC universe...

"...The trick with a return spring is to find the right balance between enough to close the servo if it needs to, but not so strong your servo is overworked just opening the throttle..."
Source = http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1935392

Also this may be usefull. Lupus asks...

"...My OS 46 FX-H is set up this way as well. There is a spring in the carb that pulls it to full throttle. Who's idea is this? On any model application this just seems dangerous. Be it a plank, a car or a heli. When the linkage comes off the engine should return to idle, at least IMHO. I personally find this very unsafe, as the linkage is likely to break or come off during a crash. Is it possible to modify the carb to take out this spring?..."

And Boomstriker replys...

"...The spring is in there to keep the throttle barrel against the the guide pin as it rolls open. If it was removed, the barrel and low needle would float in and out making the engine lean and rich accordingly. The fact that this spring moves the throttle open on it's own is the nature of the beast but don't remove the spring. This is why an EXTERNAL RETURN SPRING is a good idea, but it must not interfere with the internal springs ability to keep the barrel out against the guide pin. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons guys have problems with engine tuning-- because of an improperly set up throttle linkage. If the servo linkage pushes the barrel in as it is rolled open or closed, it changes the mixture curve and the engine will never run consistently..."
Source = http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_15...tm.htm#1595522

So it seems you dont want the throttle return spring to push or pull the carb inwards. At least on his model.

I'v heard of people using fuel line, elastic bands or springs from biros but as 46u says any spring linked to the carb should work. I noticed that most peeps push the carb not pull.!?.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 PM

I use this servo for stearing -- Hitec 645MG Servo 7.7kg/0.24s (Metal Geared).. I got mine from modelhelicopters.co.uk. Listed as £29.99 now but I thought I got it cheeper!? I personally dont like Midland Helicopters (or atleast certain aspects, but thats a different story) I orded that servo on saterday afternoon though, and got it on monday morning which is good.
The HS645MG may not be the best servo for the job though, I dont know. But it is a good one IMO.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
46u

I think Tower ships worldwide? Here is their web site http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html. I am running the Hitec HS-625MG for my steering and the Hitec HS-605BB for the throttle in my MT Racer Kit. Works well for me. Anything is better then stock just about. That is why I rather build a kit instead of a RTR.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:53 PM

Tower ships to uk, and is cheep and quick. I've used Tower and like it, just make sure your stuffs not too heavy. If it gets to heavy it can be better to go else where. You can save money, if your in the UK, going to Tower though. And yeah kits are way better and cheaper. I got my 'The 2' in kit form.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:33 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Well i lost a front dog bone and realized that i toasted my diff gears in the rear when it wouldnt move.

I plan on getting these to replace the dog bone that i lost
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000646836&I=LXHLX4&P=K]Front universals[/link]
I have a few spare diff gears but i want to order the ones that come with the MT2 ss kit.
Here they are
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000646836&I=LXJYM2&P=K]Heavy duity diff gears[/link]

Does anybody know what else i need to make my diffs like the ones that are in the mt2 ss kit?

Kind of sweet when i rev it up it would slowly take off but the motor would rap right up.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:02 PM

Get some washers and make sure they are shimmed correctly. Even though they are heavy duty they will still strip if they aren't shimmed right. I would get the diff springs and install them while you have it apart.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...47&FVPROFIL=++
Old 02-10-2005, 10:47 PM

yea i got an extra diff case just so i could get the shims. I plan on getting the springs too. I cant find a part that i need though.
Here are the gears from hpi's website.
[link=http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm]Heavy duity gears (#86336)[/link]
Look at them. I will need the part that the dog bone goes (drive socket) in to. HPI gave me this part number but i cant find it on towers web site. Here is the part number 86341. It looks kind of like this.
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000646836&I=LXJEZ3&P=K]Joint cup/drive scocket[/link]

Does anybody have the MT2 SS instuction book and give me the part number that it says to use? I would really appreciate it.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: jbooker82
Does anybody have the MT2 SS instuction book and give me the part number that it says to use? I would really appreciate it.
You can go to HPI web site and they have all the manuals in PDF.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:20 PM

They dont have the MT-2 SS manual on line yet. The part number is right though. The one that they gave me is 86341.
So to do the swap to heavier gears you need
HPI 86336 - the gears them self
HPI 86341 - the drive scocket
HPI 86094 - Pin/ bolt to hold the drive scocket to the gears.

I have found every thing except for the HPI 86341 drive scockets. IF some one finds them would you let me know where to get them?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:29 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: jbooker82

They dont have the MT-2 SS manual on line yet. The part number is right though. The one that they gave me is 86341.
So to do the swap to heavier gears you need
HPI 86336 - the gears them self
HPI 86341 - the drive scocket
HPI 86094 - Pin/ bolt to hold the drive scocket to the gears.

I have found every thing except for the HPI 86341 drive scockets. IF some one finds them would you let me know where to get them?
Sorry was trying to help.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:31 PM

Hay no problem. I would just like to get these gears as soon as possible. Trying round every thing up is a pain.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 AM
46u

I understand, just wish someone could answer the question I asked twice before on this thread but I guess no one knows how much longer the arms are in the front of the MT2 then the MT. I see a lot of people are running the big tires and I tried this but they hit the body to bad on the front when I turned. Was wondering if the longer arms make that much different but still looks like to me they would hit the body pretty bad even on the MT2 with the longer from arms. I do not want to up grade to the MT2 as I have to much money in my MT Racer Kit and have not even run a gallon of fuel throw it yet. I know I can change the front arms but I hate taking off my alloy front arms.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:08 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: Richs MT2

heres my MT 2
How bad do the big tires hit the body in the front when you turn?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:15 AM

My MT-2 front factory a arms measure from the hing pin hole to hing pin hole 91mm. Total length is about 113 mm.

Rear New Era MT-2 aluminum arms. Center hole to center hole. about 94 mm. Total length is about 100 mm.

I would go by the center hole to center hole dimensions because that is what counts. Sorry i didnt realize that you had a mt racer. I thought you wanted somebody to measer the arms of a mt racer not a mt-2.

I couldnt measure the plastic rear arms because they are still on my mt-2. I broke a front a arm and got a new aluminum ones all around. Just havent put the rear ones on yet.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
46u

Thank you very much Jbooker82. The a arms on the MT Racer are 81mm from center hole to center hole and the total is about 87mm. I agree the center hole to center hole for the hinge pin is the most in portent. So they are a good bit longer then the original MT a little under ½ inch! I do not need the measurements on the rear as I have been told they are the same as my MT Racer as far a length, which is about 100mm center to center.

I put aluminum a arms all around before I ever ran it. I put over $850 in this thing before I put fuel in it not counting the TX and I did not pay list for most of the parts so that means I have well over $1000 worth of parts in it. I got the racer kit for $75 less then what Towers wanted at the time. I did not go all aluminum I mostly just put it where the weak points are as I am concerned about weight.

It took me 2 years to build it as I shopped around, waited for specials and did a lot of bidding on ebay till I go most at the price I wanted. I have all the up graded differentials gears and drive train parts. I have pictures of it on page 36 of this thread. I have maybe just enough fuel run throw it for break in and now I have more changes I want to do.

I have the longer rear shocks and the 100cc fuel tank on the way. Then I will put the stock rear shocks on the front if they will fit. Jbooker82 where did you get your aluminum front a arms? I might work on up grading the longer a arms on the front?

Has any one here driven both the MT and the MT2? How much difference is in the handling? The best and biggest changes I have heard about that make the most difference are the longer shocks. I might just keep my MT racer like it is an start on a MT 18ss like I need another RC vehicle?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:26 PM

my m8 has a MT2 and feels he needs for a new engine, i am buggy person and own a XB8 so i do not know much about his mt2 he wants 2 know if he will be able 2 put a sirio .27s in it? i think he will need engine mounts also if you do need these can some time plz direct me to a site the sells them and any other parts he will need

sorry if some one has already asked a question like this be4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.