Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Ok, has any one here used the "HPI Glow Plug Cold R5" in there mt2? There where 2 shops here, but both of them no longer exist. One went out of bussness and the other one burnt down. So now I have to buy all my stuff on-line. I'm trying to find a good plug for my stock mt2 with the .15 engine. I plan on gitten 6 to a doz. and I dont want to buy a lot of crappy plugs. Any help would be nice.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 AM

2THPIC:

I use OS 8 in mine. Great middle plug - used in in my T-15, 18SS and my OS 18 CV-R. Not too expensive either.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:17 AM

Ok, I just bought (6) os 8 glow plus and spent an extra 40+ dollors on other things that I just could not live with out. well, maybe I could live with out the other stuff, but the order is made and theres no going back.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM

check the tops and bottoms of your knuckles and make sure the screws there are screwed tight
ORIGINAL: dnizzle2

has anyone had a problem with their mt2 shaking? mine is almost uncontrollable it is shaking so bad. it just kinda started out of nowhere, i thought maybe i had water in my tires so i replaced the wheels and tires with brand new split 5's and dirthoggs with little improvement. it is really bad under full break or slowing down in general. nothing is loose that i can find...any ideas?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:09 PM

i checked the screws in the knuckles and they are as tight as they go but there still seems to be a little too much up and down play in the knuckle. I dont recall how much play there was when i got it.
ORIGINAL: murawskiallen

check the tops and bottoms of your knuckles and make sure the screws there are screwed tight

has anyone had a problem with their mt2 shaking? mine is almost uncontrollable it is shaking so bad. it just kinda started out of nowhere, i thought maybe i had water in my tires so i replaced the wheels and tires with brand new split 5's and dirthoggs with little improvement. it is really bad under full break or slowing down in general. nothing is loose that i can find...any ideas?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Make sure that the screws are snug, and what I mean by that, make sure there is no play with them. I noticed the holes for my screws were getting larger with time and was causing to much play in the knuckle. I replaced the knuckle and the problem disappeared.

i checked the screws in the knuckles and they are as tight as they go but there still seems to be a little too much up and down play in the knuckle. I dont recall how much play there was when i got it.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:00 PM

yeah this happened to me as well but then i got aluminum knuckles and havent had a problem since
ORIGINAL: billdo76

Make sure that the screws are snug, and what I mean by that, make sure there is no play with them. I noticed the holes for my screws were getting larger with time and was causing to much play in the knuckle. I replaced the knuckle and the problem disappeared.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM

i got a lst roller of ebay just waiting by the mailbox for it to get here
Old 03-15-2007, 02:37 PM

wat did you pay for it?? post a pic, i was thinkin about gettin some kind of roller myself
ORIGINAL: rapsucks_07

i got a lst roller of ebay just waiting by the mailbox for it to get here
Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM

thanks not bad when i had it modded that way like i said smoothed the landings a bit but still hit the rear if it was an straight up and down landing but with the angel it was pretty good,i liked it.
ORIGINAL: Joebaby35

ORIGINAL: mt2nitronut

oh yeah i modded my suspension like that awhile back last year,worked pretty good on keeping the rear off the ground well not always ,front and back lol,oh this is my truck before all my hop ups now its my sweet machine with a dream to fly lol ,i love running hard,like i,ve said before i like to become the machine lol ,sounds crazy but its fun lol

yeah i beat mine pretty hard as well but i never manage to strip a spur, i usually break the rear a arms on the 10+ foot jumps, but not any more since my new suspension set up[>:][>:]
NICE MOD!!!!!

I thought of that very same rear shock mod for my MT2 but never got around to it. How does it work??
Old 03-15-2007, 03:50 PM

not the best deal but i did alright i might sell it when im done bulding it [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160092578510&indexURL= 1#ebayphotohosting]ebay lst listing[/link] im gonna run [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120097738391&ssPageNam e=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=12009370082 6&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedru le1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_wi dget]this engine[/link]
Old 03-16-2007, 12:25 AM

Watsup guys. I got my .18 CV-R in and im stuck between two exhausts to put along with it. On one hand there is the RD Logics turbo II pipe. I used to have this on my rs4 3 with the 18ss engine and i loved it. I had a screaming punch at the whole rpm range. On the other hand there is the Tsias side exhaust..i think its the silver bullet? I believe that is also a 1 peice design and looks pretty tough. Does anyone have experience with both? I am open to all opinions. Any reccomendations for just a single tuned pipe that will deliver more perfomance INSTEAD of a 1-peice exhaust with the header??
Old 03-16-2007, 12:05 PM
My Feedback: (2)

i also broke one of the post that hold the radio tray in so i put a screw in it ant it seems fine
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM

yeah i did that on both trucks it works lol
ORIGINAL: Jackedman

i also broke one of the post that hold the radio tray in so i put a screw in it ant it seems fine
Old 03-16-2007, 03:03 PM

hey guys, rebuilding diffs w/heavy duty crown and pinion gears.

how much do you shim the pinion gear
do you even bother to shim the crown gear?

thanks for the help
Spud
Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 PM

hi can any one tell me a little about the plug that i see on some pipes ,what does that do do you need that at the end of your pipe beside the header ,any info much appreciated.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:29 PM

hey guys i'm looking for a good steering servo whats a good one
Old 03-16-2007, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: mt2nitronut

hi can any one tell me a little about the plug that i see on some pipes ,what does that do do you need that at the end of your pipe beside the header ,any info much appreciated.
Not really sure what you are on about. If its a exhaust deflector that sits on the exhaust stinger, this is to direct the burnt fuel (oil substance) away from the car and stop it going up the shell/shocks/tyres.

If you are on about the little plugs that you stick on the exhaust stinger. You use these while you are not using the car. They are to keep the engine completely sealed from air and to stop moisture building up in your engine. They also stop oil coming out of your exhaust while in transit.

And then there is the exhaust coupling, this is just to attach the manifold to the exhaust.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 PM

awwww forget it its called a flange it fits in the end of the pipe makes hole smaller ,not sure if its to help the coupling hold on to the pipe or not thats all ,
Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 PM

It snowed again so it should be fun to play in the snow with the new ramps i made last weekend I'll try to get some pics if i get got this weekend
Old 03-17-2007, 04:12 AM
gtr

HPI Racing is proud to announce the new Nitro MT2 18SS+

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/10445.html

Old 03-17-2007, 04:45 AM

wow that thing is nice i like that body and do you think that they will sell those Machined Steel Differential Gears separatly??
NICE FIND GTR
Old 03-17-2007, 05:06 AM

Nice.....I want one.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:17 AM

[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

I WANT ONE SOO BAD
Old 03-17-2007, 07:28 AM

but u know wut i noticed itts only 1 mph faster than the original 18ss lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.