Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

First "Real" off roading with MT2, bearings sound dirty already? What the?

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

First "Real" off roading with MT2, bearings sound dirty already? What the?

Old 02-25-2004, 12:54 AM
03 DSG Snake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First "Real" off roading with MT2, bearings sound dirty already? What the?

I broke in my week old MT2 with 5 tanks, then went to an empty dirt lot with the MT2 and my Savage after work Friday.

Broke an upright on the Savage, go figure it wouldnt jump a piece of boxed steel tubing at an upwards angle?

Anyways, busted out the MT2 and had some fun with it.

I was cleaning it down today, and noticed that one of the wheels sounds like theres a ton of junk in the bearing already (front right).

How the heck does that work out, Ive run my Savage for gallons through mud, dirt, etc, and JUST had to service one wheel's bearings tonight.

The MT2 has sealed rubber BBs as well. How the heck could it get dirty so fast?

Also, whats the best bearing lube?
Old 02-25-2004, 03:48 PM
ericheller

Default RE: First "Real" off roading with MT2, bearings sound dirty already? What the?

first off, they are not called bb's. bb's are shot out of a bb gun. call them ball bearings or just balls. are you sure that it is dirty or does it just make a weird sound? if its dirty it should be harder to roll and should stop quickly after it is spun. i clean skateboard bearings by taking out the sheilds and crowns and spraying them with carb cleaner.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:26 PM
03 DSG Snake

Default RE: First "Real" off roading with MT2, bearings sound dirty already? What the?

I'm using BB's for BALL BEARINGS as they are often abbreviated.

Like I said, they are very gritty and pretty disappointing for a rubber sealed bearing.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

I know that it is disappointing but you should return the faulty unit for warranty replacement. If it were me, I would buy a complete set and still send the bad unit back for a swap...
Old 02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: 03 DSG Snake

I'm using BB's for BALL BEARINGS as they are often abbreviated.

Like I said, they are very gritty and pretty disappointing for a rubber sealed bearing.
sorry, i get it now. i would clean the bearings.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:03 PM
03 DSG Snake

ORIGINAL: ericheller
sorry, i get it now. i would clean the bearings.
Thats what I'm gonna do. Im just mad those got dirty so fast and the larger rubber sealed ones on my Savage only needed to be cleaned once since Ive had the truck, and that was last night for just one wheel. I'm gonna call HPI once I break em down, shields could have been defective.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Scottie C

i have a stupid question.... what if i didnt break in my engine properly, do i lose power? what are the effects?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:26 PM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: Scottie C

i have a stupid question.... what if i didnt break in my engine properly, do i lose power? what are the effects?
your engine wont run right, or last as long. and yes you will most likely not have as much power.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Scottie C

ahh crap. thnx, i was trying to break it in properly.. ( now here comes the famous story).... Dad was like, hey son, lemme c that, gunned it, and that curb popped out reallll fast... what can i do to get that power back
Old 02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
ericheller

once a engine is worn it wont be new unless you get a new piston/sleeve. Just wait untill your engine wears out and you have to rebuild it. shouldnt be long.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Scottie C

alrihgt, thnx for the help. so when its time to rebuild. and i replace the right parts and break it in correctly, i should have all the power. right?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
ericheller

yes if you break it in correctly then it should have more power.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Scottie C

alright. thnx a bunch

scottie
Old 02-26-2004, 09:16 PM
ericheller

anytime, feel free to pm or email me if you have any further questions and i will try to help.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:31 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

ummmm eric............everyone knows that BB's are shot out of a gun.......they also know that ball bearings is abbreviated "BB". just a hint.