Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

ORIGINAL: ScGRacer

ORIGINAL: outwheelin

I will do that.
U TYPE
UR MESSAGE HERE

or click the quote button on the top right of some1 message
Thank you for the quote thing help. I got it now. I have ordered the jato last night and it should be here at the end of next week.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:30 AM
ScGRacer

ORIGINAL: ScGRacer

I will do that.
U TYPE
UR MESSAGE HERE

welcome to the dark fast side.... sorta like.....i dont know :P

or click the quote button on the top right of some1 message
Thank you for the quote thing help. I got it now. I have ordered the jato last night and it should be here at the end of next week.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
luke_1992

hi got new jato and run it in but i relize that it spins a lot is there any way of stopping this.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:50 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

Give me a few more details. Is it spinning on brake, on the gas or normal driving?

Is this your first ST you have driven? They are not as forgiving as MTs and take a bit more control.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
luke_1992

spinning mostly on the gas but on dry tarmac its fine its just on low grip sufaces you cant control it! could you convert it to 4wd that might stop it?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:01 AM
luke_1992

no i have a nitro rustler the jato is worse!!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:06 AM
R_man_5k

ok luke_1992 now you are just confusing. Is this a Jato or Rustler problem? If it is a Jato issue the I would first say are you still running the stock tires? if so upgrade them.
Either of the trucks would be very hard to convert to AWD. You would have to re-engineer them.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
luke_1992

sorry i am talking about the jato and i still do have the stock tires what tires would you suggest to put on it?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
ScGRacer

road rages.....or the moabs for GC....adgiataor rims i use road rages and they are nice...but i am seeing wear after ab a half of a gallon...ne on else have this prob...EVERY THING ON MY TRUCK IS STOCK!!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:21 PM
quango2k

here is my jato...got loads more parts coming too

Old 02-16-2006, 05:08 AM
luke_1992

thanks for that what about my rims and tires from my nitro rustler? would they be ok as they are only 2.2" but the jato ones are 2.8". the tires on the nitro rustler are pin spike ones. they are stock ones i think.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:10 AM
luke_1992

by the way guango2k thats one smart lookin truck. what front a- arms have you got as the stock ones look pretty weak and break a lot.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:35 PM
quango2k

they are all gpm racing parts..i found them all on ebay

just noticed how heavy this jato feels now lol...might take some of the alloy off again.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:42 PM
luke_1992

i will check it out. were they expensive?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:06 PM
quango2k

far from it..he hasnt got anymore parts at the moment but he will do in the next few weeks.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
outwheelin

I finally got my jato last night. I was able to spend most of today breaking it in. So far I love it. I cant wait to see what this thing can really do as it seems like it will be quite fast.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
ScGRacer

I finally got my jato last night. I was able to spend most of today breaking it in. So far I love it. I cant wait to see what this thing can really do as it seems like it will be quite fast.
awesomei hope you fall in love like i did.....and the best way to break it in is by driving and using judgement.....
Old 02-17-2006, 05:18 AM
e-zilla man

is the jato reely dat good i got a new hot boddies e-zilla i am happy but it tends to break the steering knukls all the time so i just orded some metal ones but i want a nitro and i saw the jato and said thats kool as and it hoons so is it worth getting or is it not that good o and is it strong i want a durible truck/buggy or wat eva so yeah thank you.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:18 AM
luke_1992

yeh get a jato! i have mine about a week and no problems so far. havent broke nothing i will tell you when i break anything but the jato is extremely fast and fun. you can get huge power slides its great fun!!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:37 PM
stevensj

Hey guys, how ya doin. Had the jato for about 3 weeks now, and a t maxx is coming next week. As far as the jato spinning alot, oh yea, i don't have a gallon of gas through it yet....actually, im at just about a half a gallon through it, and have burnt up to sets of rear stock tires, i have pro line paddle tires on the way for off road use, and im probably gonna get some gladiators for on-off road. So far ive busted three rear shock towers, and a left front control arm. That's amazing, for how much i beat this thing, it will hold up to nearly anything! I take it to my skate park for bashing, and probably get about 12 ft of vertical air and 30ft of length on the biggest jumps, always landin wrong, either on teh front bumper, back bumper, or roof...rarely do i get a good 4 wheel landing, it does happen occasionally tho. I have heard people hounding jato's on durability....i drive it hard, and this thing suites me just fine, i want to upgrade to gpm...i seen someone on here had gpm, who was that?? I have heard lots of good stuff about gmp, and i don't mind if it adds a pound. I adjust the slipper clutch nearly all the way tight, and this thing will spin on pavement at a moments notice, that's how i like it....i don't like that traction control setting, no fun. Im on my 3rd set of stock tires, and they are nearly burnt up, and i can still pull the front end up in teh grass, so with the paddle tires im gonna need good throttle control. I love this thing, i will never go rusty...can't wait for the t maxx...ive never drove a t maxx at ALL, so it will be a good deal....i bought it with a blown OS 15 and bought a new 2.5r for it, and TQ3 with receiver...i think i shoulda bought a mach .28 and spent the 50 bucks more instead of the 2.5r, but i'll see how she is with the traxxas engine. Have to spend $270 to get a new hard drive on my laptop, untill then im usin my buddies (roomemate also) laptop in safe mode cuz his is screwed up too. When i do get the new hard drive i'll have some videos of skate park action up, and some pictures. BEFORE I FORGET....does anyone....will anyone i guess i'll say, please tell me how to make this posi? I hate on low traction (skate park concrete) when i go to do donuts, or just even drift with it, the inside back tire will spin wildly while the outside tire stays still, in a straight line it will fishtail everywhere, both tires, but in turns only the inside will spine...true posi anyone?
Old 02-17-2006, 06:34 PM
ScGRacer

aB a posi gear three isnt one yt....ofna makes this stuff that u put in the diff and it essecntially (got A+ on spelling) locks the diff....but u need to check it like every 4 tanks or soo.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:24 PM
HARDRIVE

Hi guys
I'm planning to push my jato to the limit
Or send it to the moon lol

What type of engine should I get dropn in not good in any mods

If I can use 21 ? That should send it to the moon like a racket
Old 02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
R_man_5k

I dont think there is a .21 that is a direct drop in. I think from reading your post you are looking for a drop in with out any mods right...

If so look at any motor that would work with the T-Maxx or Revo. Then all you should need is a header that would fit for the Jato application. You may want to look at the OS .18 they are very popular with people on here.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:46 AM
outwheelin

I know i've seen this here somewhere, but I cant seem to find it. What is the best exhaust pipe to use for the jato ? Also what is the difference, as when I look in them they all seem to be hollow?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 AM
ScGRacer

best pipe is either the cVEC or the new resinator pipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.