Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 AM
rfxcasey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

It's not really a cirrus servo. If you take off the bottom cover on the inside it says Towerpro. You can get them from Dealextreme.com for 10 bucks with free shipping and all metal gears. Many people claim the work great and for a long time. Many use them on small robots with lots of servos because they are cheap. At 10 bucks I can by 4 of these for the price of one name brand servo and I don't think I will get 4 duds in a row.

My original servo crapped out too but it was several days after a hard hit. Before that it was working good. Ineed to find a way to keep my servo saver from loosening up all the time though as I have to retighten it a lot or it starts slipping to the point of no control. Maybe locktight blue will help?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:27 PM
buttdud1122

i wish i would have gotten an x-cellerator instead of my mgt...
Old 06-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Firewire4

So is this form dead?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 PM
rcdriv3r

i hope not, b/c i still got my x-c nitro...just haven't had as much time as i would like to run it =(
Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 PM
rfxcasey

Not as far as Iknow. Imean I'm still here. If you do find a more lively x-cellerator forum post a like here will you. As for the truck, Ilove mine. The first thing you should do though if you haven't already is get a failsafe. I got mine from Venom and it works great. Also my steering servo wound up going out sometime after a crash so the reliability of the servos is hit or miss but if you go to Dealextreme.com you can get TowerPro 995 or 996 servos for like 12 bucks with metal gears. The Cirrus servos in my truck said Towerpro on the inside anyways so go figure but if you wanna spend the money maybe go with Hitecs eventually if you have a servo failure.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Firewire4

Yea, I had to change the steering servo because my first crash broke a gear in the servo, I got a hitec all metal gear servo for it and it works great. I haven't found any other x-cellerator forms yet still searching. My x-cellerator is the electric version ( if you haven't seen the pic) and I have had it for four years and I've changed the motor, ESC, and some gears in the transmission are now metal. The only weak spot in it is the front chassis, ive broke it twice, but its plastic and cheap to fix. Hopefully I can go brushless in the next couple of months when I get the money. btw is there any company that makes rims for the x.cellerator?

<style type="text/css">Yea, I had to change the steering servobecause my first crash broke a gear in the servo, I got a hitec allmetal gear servo for it and it works great. I haven't found anyother x-cellerator forms yet still searching. My x-cellerator is theelectric version ( if you haven't seen the pic) and I have had it forfour years and I've changed the motor, ESC, and some gears in thetransmission are now metal. The only weak spot in it is the frontchassis, ive broke it twice, but its plastic and cheap to fix.Hopefully I can go brushless in the next couple of months when I getthe money.</style>
Old 06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
rfxcasey

Here is my truck

Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 PM
traxxas85

ORIGINAL: Firewire4

Yea, I had to change the steering servo because my first crash broke a gear in the servo, I got a hitec all metal gear servo for it and it works great. I haven't found any other x-cellerator forms yet still searching. My x-cellerator is the electric version ( if you haven't seen the pic) and I have had it for four years and I've changed the motor, ESC, and some gears in the transmission are now metal. The only weak spot in it is the front chassis, ive broke it twice, but its plastic and cheap to fix. Hopefully I can go brushless in the next couple of months when I get the money. btw is there any company that makes rims for the x.cellerator?

<style type="text/css">Yea, I had to change the steering servobecause my first crash broke a gear in the servo, I got a hitec allmetal gear servo for it and it works great. I haven't found anyother x-cellerator forms yet still searching. My x-cellerator is theelectric version ( if you haven't seen the pic) and I have had it forfour years and I've changed the motor, ESC, and some gears in thetransmission are now metal. The only weak spot in it is the frontchassis, ive broke it twice, but its plastic and cheap to fix.Hopefully I can go brushless in the next couple of months when I getthe money.</style>

could you tell me where you got the metal gears?

Old 06-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Firewire4

Has anyone put a brushless motor there X-cell? If so how does it work, any gears needing to replace out of the transmission to metal?

@traxxas85, i got only the idler gear in metal, cant find others yet Here is the site i got it on. http://www.hobbypeople.net/hopup/145612.asp it s the last one on the list with no pic.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
giddeeyupguy

I recently bought back the X-Cell I owned 4 years ago...rebuilt the diff, threw in a 10 turn brushess and lipo, and did pretty well racing this weekend.

Qualified 2nd and finished 2nd at Full Throttle Raceway club race in Open Truck on Thursday night.

TQ'd and took 2nd at the June Jamm race at MMR Raceway on Saturday.

TQ'd and took 1st in the Open 10th scale class at Tea's Hobby Shop & Raceway Summer Sizzler Points Series Round 4 on Sunday.

Even 4 years later, I'm lovin' the X-Cell, and it proves time and time again that it can hang with ANY truck on the track!!

Video from the June Jamm race at MMR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0heOBMKr0

Pics from the Summer Sizzler race at Tea's...

Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Joshs1990

hey i am looking for a replacment engine i have an xtm x-cellerator 18 right now what is the best choice for a decent price please
Old 06-30-2010, 08:21 PM
buttdud1122

an os .18 cv-rx will do you good
Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Firewire4

ORIGINAL: giddeeyupguy

I recently bought back the X-Cell I owned 4 years ago...rebuilt the diff, threw in a 10 turn brushess and lipo, and did pretty well racing this weekend.

Qualified 2nd and finished 2nd at Full Throttle Raceway club race in Open Truck on Thursday night.

TQ'd and took 2nd at the June Jamm race at MMR Raceway on Saturday.

TQ'd and took 1st in the Open 10th scale class at Tea's Hobby Shop & Raceway Summer Sizzler Points Series Round 4 on Sunday.

Even 4 years later, I'm lovin' the X-Cell, and it proves time and time again that it can hang with ANY truck on the track!!

Video from the June Jamm race at MMR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0heOBMKr0

Pics from the Summer Sizzler race at Tea's...

Did you put any metal gears into the transmission? If so where did you get them? Im trying to get a full metal trans for my X-cell and ive only found a metal idler gear. (Which I bought)

Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 AM
-*GUNXTM*-

Hey all new to the forum, just bought a brand new XC with the pro .18 and i'm dropping in an Ofna Delta 8 port .15 engine which I have modified heavily and can't wait to get it so I can make this thing a kick ***** basher, just wondering if there is anyone out there still playing with these cars???  I'm in Australia and finding it hard to source hop up parts such as roll cage and aluminum parts so any info would be greatly apreciated regards Matt ;-)
Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
rfxcasey

Yep, still here, still love my truck.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 AM
califrcracing

Hey, I need to replace the rear a-arms on my nitro x-cellerator. I really do not want to buy the xtm aluminum a-arms because they're $50, but I want aluminum a-arms so they do not break. Anyone know if losi aluminum rear a-arms will fit. I tried searching in the forum, but there was no real clear answer, (some said it would fit, others didn't) I would even be willing to do some dremeling to make it fit. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:11 PM
the nitro way

havent dun much to my xcell but its got alot of power it does 50-55mph ........ my up grades r the intake lv 1 airtronics 2.4gz 3 ch radio ......and
later on i will buy a new .21 or 24.7 when old engine blows up or dies of old age
Old 08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
rfxcasey

I think you will need to have a look at the Nitro exceed ST as Ibelieve the arms are the exact same and the aluminums are cheaper then the Xcell.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
the nitro way

r u guys tired of not being able to not have good rims on the x-cell ...... i have a well tested secret that really works

first step buy hex filling caps often found on hpi's savage or truggys
next step is to bore hex caps to fit tight and make sure front tire berings fit wheel shaft if not change them

if u have any quetions email me at [email protected]
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Firewire4

hey has anyone tryed putting this diff gear in the x-cells transmissoin? www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p
im looking for a all metal transmissoin and i would like to get this gear, if you have, or you've put another brand of metal diff gear please tell

Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 AM
rfxcasey

Nope haven't had to try a new gear yet but if I do I'll have to research this a little more. As far a wheels go I hear that certain Team Losi wheels are a match but you'll have to double check on that.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Roberts_Toys
My Feedback: (3)

anyone looking for any xcellerators? had some medical bills come up... they are hopped up with XTM goodies.. pm if you are
Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 AM
RCamo-dk

ive got a quick question:

i crashed my xcellerator and snapped the backwards "C" shaped part that attaches to both the wheel setup and the suspension arm. if you look at the xcellerator, the part is on the far end of each front arm, and is held on to the arm by an e-clip, and is also part of the wheel. i cant seem to find this part on any xcellerator parts list ive looked at. anyone have any idea what the name or part number is for this part?

a couple pics so you can understand what im talking about:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72822.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1514449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23754.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1514450  
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
camarored98ls1

you broke the front caster block. you should upgrade them to aluminum.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 AM
dirtpsycho

hey guys first post i love my xc its stock i got it from a buddy i had to spend 50 to get it rtr again and i found out the engine was blown and spent 100 bucks for the stock engine and got it brock in its my first car and i keep snapping the rear rite a arm and i dont know why and the aluminume ones are to exspensive if anyone could help idd really apreciate it...thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.