Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:36 AM
dicko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

people have put the battery box on the front. it will help stop wheelies, but increase wheel spin. it will give better control of the front through corners as long as you don't lose the back end which you are more likely to do with the weight up front & especially under braking. i left mine at the back & put a 5 cell recharge pack in there with a recharge jack on the on/off switch. I have been driving this truck both bashing & racing for about 2 years & never broken the battery box. i also dropped the height of the front of the car so that the front A arms are level and this helped heaps with stearing, it was to high on the stock settings. but if you are just bashing higher might be better.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Thrasher187

i have burned out my piston and sleeve, and am about to rebuild. I lost almost all compression. any tips on rebuilding? this is the DTX .18 motor. How many tanks do you guys get through a tank before the piston and sleeve need to be replaced. I know i leaned mine out too much at the race last weekend. Need to invest in a temp gun.(any suggestions there? i heard they can be off.)
Old 07-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Thrasher187

also any tips to lengthen the life of a piston and sleeve, i read a suggestion that after running put the piston to bottom dead center while cooling to leave the top open to shrink back.(metal expands when hot right?)
Old 07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
yoster

Its funny, for me the "dirty" break-in instructions were FAR more correct than the ones i got with the replacement engine. I completely disagree with their idea of richening it until it barely runs. Thats defeating the entire idea behind break-in. I personally prefer the "new" way where you run it 2-3 minutes on a barely rich needle setting, then let it cool for 10.. then keep doing it for a total of 20-30 minutes of engine run-time. Unfortunately, with my new engine, i broke it in with their new instructions. Which means it was running SO cold it was BARELY above 100 degrees for the first few tanke (like 109-115). Later of course i find out that this is a bad thing to do, and I can tell by the quicker decline in engine compression than my other engine.

As for final needle settings, my car wont even MOVE at 2 turns out. I HAVE to be 1 5/8 to 1 3/8 to see any kind of power and reach my optimal engine temp (I run between 220 and 260). At 2 turns out.. my engine runs at like 170 degrees and doesn't go anywhere. I am also at a very low altitude.. so I am assuming that most of the people here are running their Evaders at colder ambient temperatures.. thats the only way it would explain anyone needing a 2-out needle setting. Where I live, I run in a temperature of between 80 and 105 degrees farenheit. Colder it gets, the richer I set my needle.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
yoster

ORIGINAL: Thrasher187

also any tips to lengthen the life of a piston and sleeve, i read a suggestion that after running put the piston to bottom dead center while cooling to leave the top open to shrink back.(metal expands when hot right?)

Yes, that helps.. especially during break-in!

I also use Dynamite Blue Thunder After-Run Fuel instead of after run oil. The engine actually runs with it and protects it much better imo. Everyone at my local track that uses it has noticably longer engine life than those that don't.. usually 1-3 more gallons.

On a side-note.. has anyone tried the high-rate steering servo saver?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
dicko

i run the Hitec HS-5925MG for steering, it's awesome. coreless digital. .08sec/60deg @ 6V and 127.7 oz of torque at 6V. i use this servo on my mugen MBX5 and my factory team B4 that i race too. it can also be programmed with it's own failsafe, but i haven't gone that far.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:46 PM
dpawl

Wow... am I ever getting upset with my evader!
I have busted many parts, due to my fault I have been running on tar and just screwing off. Anyway, that is not the issue.
The issue is keeping it running. I am quite sure it has good compression as it runs amazing w/ throttle, pulls wheelies and definately has some pull back when I pull the recoil. My problem is this: LSN and throttle screw.
As far as I know from these threads, my LSN should be 1 1/2 turns out for default, and idle screw should be so the barrel in the carb is 2mm open. I have also heard that the LSN should be FLUSH with the outside brass sleeve, then turned IN 1/2 turn. Also, glow plugs are an issue. I have heard cold and hot plugs, and they vary upon the fuel used. I have 20% nitro, using Blue Thunder w/ ZX-7...supposed to prevent over-leaning. What type of plug should I be using with this?
So to recap, my questions are:
1) Where do I start w/ the LSN and idles and how can I easily check the gap in the carb?(what does 2mm look like!)
2) What type of plug should I be using?
3) How can I keep the damn car running while I try to adjust things? What is the proper order, LSN then idle? What should it sound like when I adjust the LSN, and then what should it sound like after the idle?

Sorry for all these questions, generally the same ones I have asked over and over. I am just sick of having to start it, run it, not be able to touch the brake and have it die. I have yet to run the damn truck w/ the body because I can't keep it running!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 PM
dicko

if your car runs fine at top end and accelerates OK, just wind the idle screw in a little to set the idle so it wont die when you pull back on the throttle. sometimes your caer will stall at idle if teh clutch is worn out & is engaging full time. when you hit the brakes it will stall the engine. when you start it lift the back wheels off the ground. if they are spinning when the car is idling your clutch is on the way out or gone.

adjust HSN, then LSN then idle.

for what fuel you are running i would suggest the OS #8 or OS A3 if you live in a moderate climate. this may change if you live in the desert or in the mountains. the more nitro you run, the colder plug you can run.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:10 AM
dpawl

Hmmm... well the car is only 3 weeks old, and not even 1/2 gallon through it. You think my clutch is already gone? The bell wiggles a bit at idle, but doesn't seem to be fully engaging. The engine sounds to be running a high idle, but runs like crap. I think that's why the bell shakes and why it dies. I think it needs a better mixture to run more reliable and then a lower idle to stop the engaging.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:12 AM
dpawl

if they are spinning when the car is idling your clutch is on the way out or gone.
That would not be true if my idle is high just crappy mixture, right?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
ross05

ok thaks ill try emailing them
Old 07-29-2005, 11:50 AM
ross05

has any got the number for duratrax so i can call them from england
Old 07-29-2005, 12:13 PM
djv

217-398-0007
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 PM
ross05

but wats the code for me to call from england
Old 07-29-2005, 12:16 PM
ross05

like the english 1 is +44
Old 07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
djv

don't know
Old 07-29-2005, 01:32 PM
dpawl

Got it running great. Idled well, thanks dicko. Now I realized my slipper was way too tight... tore right through my second spur gear, DAMNIT! I hit a few jumps for the first time EVER, and pow... spur gear trashed. Oh well, worth the $4 to learn how to adjust my slipper
Old 07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
ross05

hu do i email about sending my engine back
Old 07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
ross05

what is the mail adress
Old 07-30-2005, 01:40 AM
dicko

it's on the front page of your manual, i think it is [email protected]

let my friend run my evader while i ran the mugen at the track today. if we could have had both them going at the same time it would have been good, every time one of us got going the other one either ran out of fuel or bustd something.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
dpawl

I know the feeling, got my truck running so good I was able to get the body on for the first time... drove slow while I walked to the dirt pit, was able to do 3 jumps before I realized I never loosened the slipper... you know how I realized? Spur gear going WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... going to get a new one now lol.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:10 PM
dpawl

Well... here is my spur gear...

Have to wait till Wednesday for the new one... will an RC10GT fit the evader? I really didn't want to wait till Wednesday as Monday is my day off! If a GT's will fit I could pick one up Monday morning. I could care less about the teeth/pitch I just need it to fit on the slipper...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12299.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	303588  
Old 07-31-2005, 03:03 AM
ross05

ive just bought a 21 engine for my evader it goes like a rocket
Old 07-31-2005, 05:21 PM
dicko

you can get the RC10 ones to fit, they are the right pitch for the evader.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:36 PM
brownstone101

well this is a idea it could work or not i would thing to test your clutch just take the CB, off take the slipper Assembly so u can see it. and start your truck and lett it idle. if the clutch opens then it could be a problem if it stays put or opens out just a little i would think it would be fine now this is a idea... i would want some comments before i went to other people and told them of this idea if they are having problims and have something happen thats not good. so please comment on this idea please

thank you guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.