Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

$250 ebay budget please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 PM
holinger91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $250 ebay budget please help

ok givin 250$ on ebay what is good? i would either like an st, mt, or a buggy. im guessing (if you dont feel like searching ebay to see how nice that gets me) that 250$ on ebay will get me anywhere from a 300-350$ store bought car. i appreciate your help because i am clueless as to what nitros are good and what are bad. what im looking for mainly is durability off of ramps because i would love to take them off of huge jumps. is 9-12 feet of air unrealistic in looking for a car without it breaking? cuz ive seen some insane vids of nitros doing some sweet jumps. i also wouldnt mind getting the opportunity to take it to a track and just mess around (not race competitively)

i know some of you have some great knowledge so hit me with some. all opinions are appreciated but please, if your going to say another kind of car is bad, please explain yourself.

thanks
holinger
Old 03-14-2006, 06:39 PM
jato/xxx-nt
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: $250 ebay budget please help

i got my jato on ebay for around 250
Old 03-14-2006, 06:56 PM
stevensj

I got my jato at the hobby shop for 450 lol. Dude, you know what your lookin for man, hop on ebay and check it out, you can search for HOURS on there, your best bet is bidding, buy it now items sell for a lot more than open bidding. Definatly look at the JATO, or maybe a slightly modified ruslter, have you thought about monster trucks at all? And yes, there are plenty of nice buggies on ebay too.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:21 PM
holinger91

ive looked, yes at monster trucks. i guess if there is a nice monster truck out there i would take it. ive heard really good about i think they were tmaxx's and revos? is it possible to get lucky with one of those. otherwise the jato looks like fun as does the rustler. ill go edit my first post and stick mts in there

also, ive been reading about the jato and it seems its not much of a jumper but more of a racer? tho it looks cool wat are considered "good jumpers"

Old 03-14-2006, 08:23 PM
jato/xxx-nt

i had a t-maxx and hated it. its hard to tune. if its the 3.3 then get it but dont think your going to find a t-maxx 3.3 for 250 so yea.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:25 PM
holinger91

ok. looking hard i think the jato is the BEST thing i can get. BUT wat are the next downgrades from that. is a losi xxx-nt any good for just ramping and bashing or is it strictly racing? any good associated trucks? hows the rustler stand on the list? all help appreciated because if there isnt a huge dif inbetween a jato and something quite a bit cheaper, i will get maybe the other 1 because it saves me alot of money.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 AM
RC10GTBashin

Your best bets are still the big three or four.
RC10GT can be had easy for 200 on ebay, 250 brand new, XXX-nt i got a new roller and engine totaling about 250, xcellerator you can gte at your LHS brand new, the mugen st is cheap as a roller if you have radio gear as well.

Dont knwo if used was what you are looking for, but a good rule of thumb on used is assume you will need a new engine or close to the cost of a new engine. Learned that through the years
a
Old 03-15-2006, 04:36 PM
holinger91

ok now, wat i am wondering is....do you think a jato is too nice of a truck for a first beginner truck? or does the jato make a great beginner truck? if it is...im convinced its worth the extra 50 dollars to get a used but in good condition one off ebay. otherwise ill go with something such as the xxx-nt or rc10gt or rustler or somethin along those lines. also i was wondering if the jato would be too fast or something? but i want a fast one so i can drive on grass and still get good speed.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
esch

xxx-nt isnt a good basher man and i hear the rc10gt can be decent for bashin' but the rustler is the best for bashin' outta the three.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:31 PM
stevensj

Any nitro rc car can be made into a GOOD basher. In general tho, stadium trucks are not as durable as monster trucks, but can be made to be. My jato was an awesome jumper cuz it was so light and fast, but i broke it alot too, anything you get will break, just remember that.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:39 PM
stevensj

Any nitro rc car can be made into a GOOD basher. In general tho, stadium trucks are not as durable as monster trucks, but can be made to be. My jato was an awesome jumper cuz it was so light and fast, but i broke it alot too, anything you get will break, just remember that.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:39 PM
holinger91

yes, but is there any good mts that are still cheap? most of the ones ive seen have been extremely expensive

OK i think a major thing i need to know is....wat is THE MOST DURABLE truck in my pricerange? i think all of them after researching will meet my speed requirements so wat is strongest?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:11 PM
stevensj

i'd say you better go with a ruslter, or a tmaxx (can get a t maxx used for 200-250), or maybe a rc10gt
Old 03-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Motohead24

xtm xcellerator.i got one for 220 at lhs.awesome truck,fast and jumps very well................
Old 03-15-2006, 07:35 PM
jato/xxx-nt

ORIGINAL: holinger91

ok. looking hard i think the jato is the BEST thing i can get. BUT wat are the next downgrades from that. is a losi xxx-nt any good for just ramping and bashing or is it strictly racing? any good associated trucks? hows the rustler stand on the list? all help appreciated because if there isnt a huge dif inbetween a jato and something quite a bit cheaper, i will get maybe the other 1 because it saves me alot of money.
i have a jatop and xxx-nt the both kick ass. xxx-nt is cheaper but jato is faster xxx-nt has better set up tho shocks are better.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:33 PM
RCKid1992

I have a xxx-nt, if you are going to race then xxx-nt becuase of setup and the truck is light. My friend has a ruslter he just bashes and it is great. You might need to upgrade shocks for jumps like those but you will be surprised that 6 foot jumps are exciting too lol. The jato will be faster because of the 2 speed tranny. BTW the xxx-nt breaks a little easier than the rustler but that might just be driver error...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
holinger91

yea i think so far im goin cheap jato or good package rustler. fast, well, isnt that big of an issue for me. for me 50 mph is really fast! but, keep posting if you think there are other things that should be added. i havent made up my mind yet and wont for a couple of weeks probably.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:43 AM
dannthenitroman

get a 2.5 rustler for bashing, with 20 dollars worth of bits and peices ( read: huge screws and some bolts ) the rustly becomes very strong. it is very fast, has great speed and power, wheelstands, jumps pretty darn good, and the parts are EVERYWHERE.

Dann
Old 03-16-2006, 03:03 AM
buscg1

youd be lucky to find a jato in decent condition for 250. I really like the jato but own a rc10gt right now I bought new rtr for 285 locally. There are many aftermarket parts which is good and they are fairly cheap
Old 03-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJSU2&P=0

It would be new and you wouldn't have to worry about getting ripped off. Plus with deals on Tower, you could get free shipping and some extra glow plugs, etc....
Old 03-16-2006, 09:22 AM
B Boy
My Feedback: (3)

I travel all the time between the US and Canada, and when I was there last, I ordered a Thunder Tiger SST stadium truck and a Kyosho Evolva from Dinball. I think that I am going to concentrate on the Evolva so I'll sell you the SST NIB never run for $225 shipped.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks,
Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69415.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	427119