RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI Rush Evo slipper problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Chocks_Away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Rush Evo slipper problem

Hi.
My son bought a rush evo a couple of months ago, we ran in the engine, and had it running and all set up fine.
After about ten minutes of running about, the engine screamed without moving the car, and I thought that the clutch had burnt out at first.
When we got home I found that the slipper plate assembly had melted together, and was totally knackerd, so I am now awaiting parts to replace them with.

Is this a common problem with these, and should I have tightened up the slipper before first using the car (it did feel tight when moving the wheels by hand against the gearing - there was no slipping) , or should it have been ok from out of the box ?

Also how can I make sure it won't happen again, as the parts are quite dear for what they are, (4 small parts needed totalling £20)and I obviously don't want to be replacing them every five minutes.

The car didn't get stuck / crash or wheels locked or anything like that when it happened, it was just driving across grass, so it's not as if it was drivers fault for damaging it.

Thanks for any help.
Regards Craig.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:03 AM
125cchyperman

Default RE: HPI Rush Evo slipper problem

It sounds as if the slipper was to loose. But no this is not normal all you have to do is just tighten the nut up and it should be fine. Out of the box it should be ok but you should check things like that, But it;s not your fault. As for not having this happen again read the manual and see how many turns the nut needs to be in for it to be tight then i would just do a full turn in from that to be sure. It shouldnt happen again
Old 05-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Chocks_Away

Thanks.

Anybody else suffered the same fate on this buggy ?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Donkey9020000

Yeah i had the same problem. no matter how tight the slipper clutch was .... it still slipped so i super glued it togethor work perfectly. although if you are gonna be ramping it i wouldnt recomend it, but as you say is just grass so it shouldnt be a problem...
Old 05-12-2006, 03:57 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Donkey9020000

Yeah i had the same problem. no matter how tight the slipper clutch was .... it still slipped so i super glued it togethor work perfectly. although if you are gonna be ramping it i wouldnt recomend it, but as you say is just grass so it shouldnt be a problem...
I have the original Rush for over 5 years and my slipper works well! I will tell you from experience it you tighten it up to much and have no slippage you will tear the gears up in the gearbox! I had my slipper to tight a couple of times and it did not take long to eat up the gears. That is why you have a slipper to protect the drive train. But what ever work for you.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Chocks_Away

Thanks guys,
I picked up the new parts from the shop today and got them fitted in, so I will just have to keep my eye on it and see how things go with it.
Iv'e made sure though that it's definatley not loose for certain this time.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:59 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Hope all goes well and keep us posted.