Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

fixing cars

Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
edsrustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixing cars

i dont know about you guys, but ive been fixing my car alot lately. Its sucking the money out of my wallet. ive changed by turn buckle, transmition. ez starter in about 2 weeks. is it the same with you guys also. i have a nitro rustler and they say its one of those unbreakable cars. It doesnt seem like it though. any thoughts.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:29 PM
youwish16

Default RE: fixing cars

i feel your pain. seems like everytime i take one of my cars out, something seems to break. last 2 times i took my buggy out, blew the motor. So i bought a new one, broke it in then my clutchbell bearings seized. up.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:30 PM
edsrustler

ORIGINAL: youwish16

i feel your pain. seems like everytime i take one of my cars out, something seems to break. last 2 times i took my buggy out, blew the motor. So i bought a new one, broke it in then my clutchbell bearings seized. up.
wat motor did u buy
Old 04-24-2008, 02:49 PM
youwish16

ofna picco .21b. amain has it for $109. its not a bad motor for the price. im really happy with it
Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 PM
rclynx

mer pittence [&o]
Old 04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
robbio4422

got my rustler about a month ago and already got new shock tower. front and back a-arms fronnt bumper all turn buckles and last night i changed out my planetarium gears in my tranny! all in all its fun
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
svavrek

I just took my 2.5 Rusty out and guess what? It got away from me a little bit... It was okay though, the brick wall stopped the car for me when the brake didnt work that well

WTB New Parts... Again!

The BEST basher I have so far is my Tamiya Dark Impact... This things been hit, flipped, ran it over @ 40 w/ the T-Maxx... still tight, no cracked plastics, no weak parts, still runs like a champ! GO GO TAMIYA!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Toki

i agree breaking your car sucks and it always seems to happen when you have found that perfect place to run or when your car is running very well. so if it breaks at the end of the day i do not care case half the fun is fixxing it and getting new parts lets face it a broken part means one thing .........time to upgrade.........
Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
robbio4422

ORIGINAL: Toki

i agree breaking your car sucks and it always seems to happen when you have found that perfect place to run or when your car is running very well. so if it breaks at the end of the day i do not care case half the fun is fixxing it and getting new parts lets face it a broken part means one thing .........time to upgrade.........
to be honest, i enjoy working and building on my cars then i like to bash... i never really got into racing, but i want to soon. so when i go bash, i bash hard... untill somehting breaks or i run out of fuel... breaking normaly comes first. but i really enjoy my build times and after a completed project! nothing is better!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
[email protected]

oh man racing is amazing.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
FastestJato

dont worry edd thing happen to my jato too
I SUNKTED UNDER THE WATER THEN I BROKE THE TURN BUCKLE AFTER THAT I BURNET MY EZ START CHARGER AND BATTERY AND NOW I GOT TRANNY PROBLEMS SO HERE YOU GO UNBRAKEBLE JATO
Old 04-24-2008, 11:11 PM
svavrek

LOL... We buried my Tamiya D.I. in water today... full electric car... got it out, tore down the street @ 40 some odd MPH and dried her off, ran for another 40 mins till the battery was dead Then we dried it out
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 AM
kweezinarts

not really any broken parts on the rusty lately, but wrenching is 1/2 the fun of r/c for me ...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 AM
youwish16

yea wrenching is fun, but paying for all those damn parts isnt lol
Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 AM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: edsrustler

i dont know about you guys, but ive been fixing my car alot lately. Its sucking the money out of my wallet. ive changed by turn buckle, transmition. ez starter in about 2 weeks. is it the same with you guys also. i have a nitro rustler and they say its one of those unbreakable cars. It doesnt seem like it though. any thoughts.
Not to burst your bubble, the stock rustler isn't really known for its hold up strength/durability in this hobby, just its speed.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
[email protected]

well with some RPM is A M_effin beast mines pretty durable only problem is the fuel tank i wish billet designs made one for the rustler.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
FastestJato

what abour the fuel tank ??
Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
nitrofan12

ORIGINAL: FastestJato

what abour the fuel tank ??

rustlers have had a known problem about cracked tanks.i have a nitro sport that almost got the same problem.and i love rebuilding my vehicle...heck i spent just about all day taking off the chassis and skid plate to clean and adjust.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree tearing down and fixing cars is almost as much fun as driving them. I seem to spend almost as much time in the garage with my firestorm as I spend bashing. I just fabricated a wheelie bar out of an extra suspention arm that I had left over from replacing one side after it broke.
tinkering give me an excuse to get out of the house and into the garage especielly now that the wife is pregnant and always sick or cranky!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:39 AM
nitrofan12

i have a reason to be fixing my vehicle now.wore down my spur gear teeth and made the slipper pads melt into the center of it[&o] and i was only using it for about 30 minutes before it happened[](lol)
Old 04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
robbio4422

ORIGINAL: nitrofan12

i have a reason to be fixing my vehicle now.wore down my spur gear teeth and made the slipper pads melt into the center of it[&o] and i was only using it for about 30 minutes before it happened[](lol)
sounds like a fun one. i wish i could get a half hour of driving out of mine. i either break or over heat
Old 04-27-2008, 12:28 PM
nitrofan12

ORIGINAL: robbio4422

ORIGINAL: nitrofan12

sounds like a fun one. i wish i could get a half hour of driving out of mine. i either break or over heat

right with ya on that one.i have a thread up so people can see the spur gear.i was so mad
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
svavrek

How about a nice acrylic fuel tank? The overall concept isnt hard... We've used acrylic / polycarbonate (thick and thin sheets) to construct some pretty damn large aquariums... It's easy to use and work with and also lightweight and 10000000x stronger than ABS plastic... (maybe over-exaggerated there) but the stuff's strong... Maybe, since I have my rusty apart (That wall hit... cracked the engine mounts in three pieces... ), I will take the fuel tank out and inspect and see if I can make a fuel tank I don't imagine it'd be that hard, the hardest part would be the actual lid from what I can see.

Go to the 1/8 Scale Buggy forums and check out the opening night @ Medina last night! Pics up and they are good! Was fun, Nitro's the way to go! (but Im still upgrading the tamiya trucks!)