Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

hows the nitro traxxas rustler

Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM
MisterZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hows the nitro traxxas rustler

How is the nitro version of the Rustler or am I better off with another car? I'm looking for my first off road car. If there is a better car $300 or under, please tell me. thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 11:53 PM
robbio4422

Default RE: hows the nitro traxxas rustler

well the rustler (in my opinion) is a great truck to start on. im not sure on your experience with driving but if you want a some what easy ST to work with, this is one for sure

there a plenty of trucks that you can get that will be cheaper but not as much user friendly. traxxas has the e-z start which is nice for begginers but it does add alot of weight the truck

are you planning on bashing or are you wanting to race?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Hardin Valley Magic

I agree with robbio 100 %. I bought one for my 10 yr old son, he knows how to use my charger to charge his truck. It is so simple to get going he loves it!!! I broke it in for him and I still get to play with it from time to time also....LOL!!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:23 AM
rclynx

Rusty is a good old reliable ST and there a lot of fun, plus almost every LHS around carries parts for them. I sell 4 different ST's out of my shop and probably the Firestorm is broken less than any other, but for the money there is nothing out there that beats the XTM X-cellerator and the only one faster out of the box is the JATO. Only problem with the X-cellerator is unless your in California or Nevada your parts sources are limited. You ask for one with a lower price and there it is [:-]
Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 AM
xomby

Thanks for the info. I think I,m going to get a Rustler in a few days!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:37 AM
MisterZ

Hey I got the Rustler yesterday and I'm breaking in the engine today! I almost got the Hyper 7 Black edition. I'm gonna take it to a track today or tomorrow after I have broken in the engine. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM
wyd

The Nitro Rustler is a nice truck. I decided to race one on are local dirt oval track. The truck has ran great. The stock 2.5 runs perfect and broke in easily. I raced a Jato on the oval before that and the Nitro Rustler works as well or better for me. It is also a lighter truck by a good amount. Overall you will be happy with the truck. Makes a great basher and also runs pretty well on the track. It is very reliable.