Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official RC10GT Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:48 AM
danbuc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RC10GT Thread

I'm right off Macarthur Blvd, about 5 light's up from Route 17. Near Mahwah hisghschool...in that area.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:33 PM
3evoman

how durable are the rpm front and rear arms anyway? or should i save up for alum.?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:00 PM
gkcx

Are you racing or bashing? For racing the stock arms are fine. If your going to be runing into curbs and stuff the rpm arms are stronger. I think alloy arms are over kill but they look way cooler than plastic arms.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:25 PM
sfleuriet

I have (among MANY other alum. parts) the aluminum a-arms all around. I haven't had a problem with them at all. I've done some pretty good bashing, and some practice racing. They seem fine, but just keep in mind all the alum. adds weight which could be bad depending on how you look at it.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:08 PM
sfleuriet

I was having problems with the throttle/brake linkage while I was at the track last Wednesday, so I decided I'd fix it today.

I got a small plastic piece from my friend, from his Kyosho buggy. It has a hole through the center for the rod (perfect size) and a hole on the side to mount onto the servo arm. I reamed out the hole to fit the size screw I wanted to use, put it through, added a washer, and put a thin nut on the bottom (dang I just realized I forgot to threadlock it! haha). I just love this one - it's MUCH more secure than the stock e-clip type setup. A screw with a nut is much more secure, and it works perfectly. Hopefully when I go to race next time it wont break off on one of my noobishly-rough landings

Here's some pics:

Old 04-21-2006, 11:25 PM
dannthenitroman

ni its probably not your landings, the GT has a very hard time landing anything but a perfect jump on flat ground or on rough ground wher it lands, its a very smooth surface based truck.

Dann
Old 04-21-2006, 11:33 PM
sfleuriet

I don't know.. I've been able to land some pretty well. I'm just still getting the hang of it.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 PM
dannthenitroman

yeh it doesnt jump too well , IMHO i own a super hopped up rusty tho so i spose i have high jumping standards . but yes i hate to jump it, but its most likely to do with the weight mainly and the lack of downtravel, its got very little.

Dann
Old 04-22-2006, 12:05 AM
gkcx

Like with any truck, if you dont stick the landing your going to crash and possibly break something. I have no problems with my GT. Once I got the hang of raising or lowering the frt end in mid jump I dont have any problems. Remember if the front is to low blip the throttle to raise the frt end. If the frt end is up to high hit the brakes and that will bring the nose down. With practice you'll be landing like a pro. Ideally you want to land on all 4 tires, not the rear or frt only. Also if you over shoot the jump or land short your going to crash, break something or just abuse your truck.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:19 AM
dannthenitroman

yeh i know all of this, but next to a rusty its crap . sorry.

Dann
Old 04-22-2006, 12:24 AM
sfleuriet

Pwned.

lol jk I think it'll be great once I learn it better. I'm still real nervous from all the things going wrong at the track so far. Maybe I can get some more track time in this weekend or in the middle of the week next week.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:28 AM
dannthenitroman

Yep get used to that, you will have very bad luck at the track for a few months sorry, thats just how it is, then u will get fast.

what does Pwn stand for anyway?[&:]

Dann
Old 04-22-2006, 11:41 AM
danbuc

ORIGINAL: gkcx

Are you racing or bashing? For racing the stock arms are fine. If your going to be runing into curbs and stuff the rpm arms are stronger. I think alloy arms are over kill but they look way cooler than plastic arms.
I use this truck basically just for beating on in local feilds and stuff since it's too heavy to race. I've jumped many a dumpster with it (and other large objects), and have had it cartwheel down hills multiple times ( I think 10 was the most I ever counted). Anyway, the only parts I ever really have to replace are the rear rims, since they tend to get stripped out from the pin spinning and chewing them up.

As for the aluminum parts, I have yet to have a single piece bend beyond simple repair with pliers. Here's an insteresting story to go with that. One day, my buddy and I were running our trucks in the field across the street ofmr his house (he has a Nitro MT with an RB C12). Well I came flying around this tree and wouldn't you knwo it, my truck drove head on into the front of his trunk. We pulled the two apart, and inspected the damage. My front skid plate was bent up just a tiny bit in the front (easily fixed with some heavy duty pliers). The frame of my friend's Nitro MT didn't fair as well. From the center diff up, the entire frame was bent and twisted up and to the left. We had to completely dismantle the whole truck, put the frame in a vise, and use brute force to bend it back to wher it was flat. Still doesn't drive right to this day. I kinda felt bad after that too...haha.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:46 AM
danbuc

ORIGINAL: dannthenitroman

what does Pwn stand for anyway?[&:]

Dann
PWNED or PWN3D as it is sometimes spelt translates into the word Owned........as in, "You just got owned by that guy", or "That other racer totally owned you at the track last week".
Old 04-22-2006, 12:33 PM
3evoman

lol gamer talk
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 PM
gkcx

To Danbuc:

Sounds like an interesting wreck. You must have hit him pretty hard to bend the chassis like that. A friend of mine had a Nitro T-Maxx. He only had for a few days and he had it runaway on him at full throttle. It hit the corner of a building and split in half. The frt and rear halfs went flying in different directions. I almost pissed myself I laughed so hard. It was the coolest wreck I've ever seen. I wish I could have had that on video. Needless to say that it was the end of that truck. He was disgusted and quit the hobby.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:41 PM
danbuc

Yeah, sounds like that wrech was pretty extreme..haha. My friend has cartwheeled hit MT before as well, and had his suspension arms rip off and go flying. I still haven't seen a wrech that caused more devastation at a single time than when my Ofna OB4 nitro car was driven over by an F150. It sucked...but it was cool at the same time. The car started doing donuts at WOT, and finally seized the motor only after cracking the crankcase, and annihilating the rear diff (the chassis was bent and the upper CF deack was crushed too..it was totaled). Now that would have been cool to get on video.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:19 PM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dannthenitroman

ni its probably not your landings, the GT has a very hard time landing anything but a perfect jump on flat ground or on rough ground wher it lands, its a very smooth surface based truck.

Dann
I have to disagree with that. When tracks get rougher, the GT is more at home than other Gas truck. The AD2 is more at home on smooth tracks while the GT is more at home onthe Rough tracks.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
sfleuriet

Well I have a question about a part of my local track. There's a part on the track that has a bunch of small jumps in a row right at the end before the transponder checkpoint area, and I wanted to know the best way to get over it. I've tried just going really fast but that only puts me upside down. Should I just go slow over them all.. or what?

Here's a picture of about half of the part I'm talking about:

Old 04-22-2006, 04:36 PM
J_Bone

It's hard to say from the Net. From here, it looks like a triple at the end and I would try that? A lot depends on how your truck is setup and that you might need to rhythm jump the section to get through the fastest. Sometimes it's faster to slow down and make it through with out crashing since crashing will cost you more time.
Watch the local guys and see how they are doing it.
Plus, if I remember right, you have a lot of aluminum and a .18 on your truck. That will make your truck heavier and aluminum a-arms with the un-sprung weight tends to make truck not track worthy. If you’re going to be driving a lot of track driving, I would recommend the stock a-arms. Even the RPM ones aren't good for tracks. They flex too much and make the handling inconsistent and sloppy. If all you do is bash, then RPM and Aluminum arms are ok. I have a similar section on my track and I raised my ride height a bit and it made a world of a difference.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:11 PM
sfleuriet

I did some practice today and I'm doing better on the jumps and the bumps at the end that I pictured above.

Does anyone know if there's a different front bulkhead I can buy for the rc10gt? I didn't see one on RPM's website, but I emailed them. And there's not another one on eBay or Tower Hobbies. Does anyone make one??

Also what shocks does everybody use? I need to either rebuild or replace my rear ones - they've been horrible since the day I got the truck. One of them doesn't even hold shock oil- it all leaks out!!

EDIT: I found a front bulkhead. It's aluminum from Team Bluestar. But does anyone know of another one? Either a decent-priced aluminum or a good plastic/delrin one.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
testuserdann
Banned

*** This is Dannthenitroman My profile is stuffing up...***
yeh i get the owned thing i just missta missed when it evolved to pwned, i just didnt get why the P was there. is it like :Pwned?
yeh i agree that is is best of the RACERS but it just doesnt go near a rustler for offroad bumpy stuff. theres just no way, and for the guys with the bump problem lay your shocks down a little more in the rear, the rear is what usually throws you over so move the top one hole i na at a time it should smooth it out.

Dann
Old 04-23-2006, 02:24 AM
gkcx

Anybody know if Associated is ever going to come out with a new GT design? It's been around for a long time and hasnt changed. I know it's a good design but something new would be nice.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:55 AM
testuserdann
Banned

Yeh its coming. its got a top deck etc, kinda like a losi but MUCH more GT like.

Dann
Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 AM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: testuserdann

*** This is Dannthenitroman My profile is stuffing up...***
yeh i get the owned thing i just missta missed when it evolved to pwned, i just didnt get why the P was there. is it like :Pwned?
yeh i agree that is is best of the RACERS but it just doesnt go near a rustler for offroad bumpy stuff. theres just no way, and for the guys with the bump problem lay your shocks down a little more in the rear, the rear is what usually throws you over so move the top one hole i na at a time it should smooth it out.

Dann
My GT ate up the Rutlers in the Off Road bumpy stuff...

For bigger jumps or bumps, you want to stand the shocks up!! Not lay down. But when you stand them up, you loose lateral grip (side bite).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.