Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official XXX-NT Thread!!!

Old 02-24-2004, 10:12 PM
rszanti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: Official XXX-NT Thread!!!

I bought a set of Lunsford titanium turnbuckles (Tie rods) for 24.87 and a set of RPM heavy duty Rod Ends for 3.78 from rcboyz on eBay. I also bought some stainless Ball Ends from Hobby Town for, I think, about $7 a set. If that ends my continuous bending of tie rods, I'll consider them to be cheap.

(I bought the VW new in '64 for $2400. Still got it but the engines disassembled, got some big jugs and a stroked crank to go in it. The bodies rust, headed for the dump when I get the chance. If I can stop spending bucks on this XXX-NT, I still hope to put the running gear on a tube frame I'll buy and have some fun with it).

Richard
Old 02-24-2004, 10:19 PM
losixxx-nt

Default RE: Official XXX-NT Thread!!!

has anyone had a Titanium Brake Disc 2.5MM for the xxx-nt
how much does it improve braking power?
Old 02-25-2004, 03:19 PM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: xxx-ntkid

has anyone had a Titanium Brake Disc 2.5MM for the xxx-nt
how much does it improve braking power?
are you talking about the gpm? i am planning on getting that sometime soon.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:37 PM
losixxx-nt

ericheller -yes i was talking about the gpm
Old 02-25-2004, 08:45 PM
ericheller

i was told that gpm doesnt make good products, but ive never owned any of them. they look cool though. id like to get the titanium axles and aluminum knuckles.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 AM
losixxx-nt

there is one on ebay now that is $16 but it is hong kong.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Rubarb

I purchased the front and rear hub carriers from GPM, in Hong Kong, I am totally satisfied with the look, and the strength it added in the weak area of the aft hub carriers.

Shipping takes a bit long, but the items are top notch.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:16 PM
rszanti

How about a link to the hub carriers at GPM ?

I've been looking for something stronger than the stock ones, something that won't wobble out when a bearing goes bad.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:08 PM
ericheller

http://asiatees.com
Old 02-26-2004, 09:29 PM
rszanti

Thanks Eric

Just what I was looking for, ordered a set of rear hubs even though they're out of stock. Hopefully they'll correct that soon and get a set on the way.

Richard

p.s. - why would antone need a special (titanium) brake disk ? I don't have any trouble stopping, just going. Ask any of the track marshals. [sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 02-26-2004, 09:35 PM
ericheller

yep, i emailed the guy and i think he said that everything should be in stock by the end of febuary, but i may be wrong. he also said they have more than whats listed on there site.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:34 AM
XXXNTFREAK

I got the JR XR2 for my XXXNT and i need a rechargable battery pack. I have for some that say universal and some that say JR lead included, but they dont seem to have the right contacts. Currently i have to put 8 batteries into the "pack" thats inside. At the end of the "pack" it has contacts that look like a 9V hook up. At the front of my trasmitter there is a jack for a charger plus it has a switch for "CHARGE". can i just use rechargables in the "pack" and plug it in, or do I need a special Battery Pack?
Old 02-27-2004, 12:02 PM
joelacrane

Regualr rechargeable should work fine. Thats what i did in my Airtronics Blazer radio... You could call up horizon just to make sure...
Old 02-28-2004, 09:35 AM
BeginRC

Hey im new to this stuff...i the drake edition with the stock xxx-nt sport engine and it just will not start...carb settings? leak somewhere? i have no clue heelp please
Old 02-28-2004, 09:39 AM
ericheller

ORIGINAL: BeginRC

Hey im new to this stuff...i the drake edition with the stock xxx-nt sport engine and it just will not start...carb settings? leak somewhere? i have no clue heelp please
why did you get the drake truck then waste your money on a crappy engine. you should have bought a better engine. if it hasnt been ran yet i suggest taking it back and retrning it for a better engine. if you have return it to the stock settings and go from there.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:58 AM
BeginRC

i have the fantom .12 engine but i couldnt get that to start either so i tryed the stock...didnt waste my money i got everything free, all worked well when i put it away for a couple months.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:53 AM
joelacrane

You got a FREE drake?! With FREE engines?! How did you get so lucky?!

I STILL can't get my ST-15 sold. I HAVE to get 280 out of it or i won't be able to but the XXX-NT... Everytime someone wants it it ALWAYS falls through. They always want to trade for a PS2 or something... Maybe i should take him up one that deal and then sell the PS2 on ebay. Does anyone know how much a used ps2 with 4 games, 2 controllers is worth?
Old 02-28-2004, 01:01 PM
XXXNTFREAK

ORIGINAL: joelacrane

I STILL can't get my ST-15 sold. I HAVE to get 280 out of it or i won't be able to but the XXX-NT... Everytime someone wants it it ALWAYS falls through. They always want to trade for a PS2 or something... Maybe i should take him up one that deal and then sell the PS2 on ebay. Does anyone know how much a used ps2 with 4 games, 2 controllers is worth?
the ps2 thing is definitely not worth $280. Why dont you email me pics of the car and let me think about it,$280 not too bad if you get everything with it.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:08 PM
joelacrane

Sure! check your email!

**EDIT**

I can't find your email address but i can email you from RCU. It won't let me attach pics so just email back your address so i can use Outlook Express to attach the pictures. I'll be on alot today so i'll keep checking my mail.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:14 PM
XXXNTFREAK

I cant get the email to work. heres my address: [email protected]

Now a question. I was out running around at the local track and let my friend drive. He smashed the rail and said it wouldnt turn to the right. I went and picked it and it wouldnt turn right or left. I shut every thing off and turned it back on, now it turns left just fine but when I turn it right it pops, snaps and shakes(like a seizure). A guy told me it was a gear in the servo and just to get the drop-in kit. Is that the problem.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:57 PM
joelacrane

I'm positive that it is. IF the car doesn't have a servo-saver then you should invest in one. Then you will have less chance of damaging your servo again! If you have to replace tha servo, you may want to buy a more powerful one. I'll send that email... In case you didn't get the last one, i'll re-describe it...
Old 02-28-2004, 10:26 PM
drymojado

hey xxxntfreak- What servo are you using? If you have the rtr xxxnt, the steering servo is probably a z270. It uses nylon gears. They will shred!(I know!) It costs about $7 to get new gears, but if I was you, I would buy a servo with metal gears. I use the z590 from JR. The xxx-nt rtr has a built in servo saver, you just have loosen it some.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:20 AM
joelacrane

Default RE: RE: RE: Official XXX-NT Thread!!!

Hmm i didn't know that! I have yet to see a xxx-nt... Never been in a car hobby shop or track to see one!

Dad went to portland yesterday and went to a big hobby shop. He bought a cool 4 stroke airplane engine. I couldn't go though, had to stay home with my sister! I hate not having a LHS... Having to wait for stuff really sucks...
Old 02-29-2004, 11:34 AM
rszanti

If you stripped the internal gearing it should react almost the same in both directions but the pop snap and shake sure sounds like the gearing. And it's definitely a mechanical failure at the servo or it would only affect one wheel. It could be the spline inside the servo arm but, replacement servo parts are cheap. The only way to know for sure though is to tear it down.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:59 PM
oldskool
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: RE: RE: Official XXX-NT Thread!!!

I am having a problem with a XXX-NT I have just bought. The truck only had about five tanks through it of 20% Monster fuel. But I only have 20% traxxas fuel. When I try to start it it would only fire but not run. I set the carb to the factory settings but that didn't help any. The truck ran perfect before I got it. It almost seems like it floods it self when it fires up. Does anyone have some tips for helping me?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.