Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Got my HPI Rush finally!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Maxximize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my HPI Rush finally!

Just got here todya!!! Gonna start the break in process tomorrow if it aint rainin... I ended up payin $91 for it shipped... not bad considering the T.15 engine is brand new and its got metal geared servos in it, just needs a body and a better radio (guy had some old ass futaba set up looks like its from the 80's lol) the body situation might work out nice as i found an old dtx evader body in the parts pile may be able to be re drilled to fit on there. for the radio ive got an old traxxas tq 2 channel radio system and a dtx futaba system as well ill just have to see which one works the best for it i guess. just can't wait to get it broke in and race my t maxx with it! anybody try the traxxas radio with an hpi? just curious if it works well, im assuming it will that you just gotta put the matching receiver in there too. ill post some pics of her soon i loved the rush!!! wish they wouldnt have discontinued it
Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
e30nate

Default RE: Got my HPI Rush finally!

For the body you can use the mt2/firestorm ones. That's what my little brother did with his rush
Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
MPevine11

HPI rush huh? thats pretty old school. shouldnt have an issue with a TQ controller. cant wait for some pics
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

cant wait to see her
Old 10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

you will have no problem with the radio as long as it still works. I switch out radios all the time from brand to brand.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

I dont have issues running different brand receiver than transmitter. Just as long as my crystals are the same they work fine
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Maxximize

Sweet! I'll try the TQ radio and see if it works with the Futaba receiver, if not i can always put the whole TQ or even the Duratrax Futaba set up in the truck. Pics Soon to come!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 PM
The_Collector

Alot of good deals out there right now. Folks are liquidating, and if you don't mind something older, you can enjoy the hobby with only a fractional investment. Gotta love it.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Maxximize

right!? and even tho the rush is discontinued its still a very nice lil truck. cant remember if i posted this on this particular thread but my first nito was a original rush, ya know the yellow bodied one with the nitro star fs.15 i think it was.... great lil truck it was! hardly ever broke anything on it even when i hit a fence post dead on at full speed! lol i love the simple design of the truck, so easy to work on even easier to tune, wish hpi still made them! my favorite stadium truck of all time for sure still in the process of getting some pics, which is proving to be difficult as i work 2nd shift and no sunlight seems to do my flashless phone camera no good when trying to take pics in the house lol maybe when i finally get around to the break in ill get some pics up this weekend!