Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

SPEED NT Thread jato killa

Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
jetsprintbasher976
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEED NT Thread jato killa

Hey guys just looked threw the stadium truck thread and seen to much jato rustler and rc10 stuff and no losi stuff ***.? losi rapes traxxas in raceing any day of the week . just got my speed nt today for $240 with 3/4's of a gallon on it. the spring on the clutch was broken just like on the xxx nt[my former truck] easy fix what a steal! started up fine and ran 2 tanks threw it and damn didn't know losi made flying cars this thing is rediculusly fast! any rise or drop i hit at speed it would lift off! insane will have video soon because the stock videos on google/utube don;t show how boss!!!! this car really is. hopefully some losi enthusiast will get this thread goin! Peace .PS. the only thing that traxxas makes that is sweet is the summit but its all plastic what a downer!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: SPEED NT Thread jato killa

I would take the jato over the nt
I have the NT and it is not a bad truck but I have had to contact the warranty department over 3 times for cracked parts from factory and nuts that fall off through 1 tank of use....
I think I should have held off until QC improved... Theres always some QC issues for new lines and DOH I guess thats what an early adopter gets. My co-workers jato is a blast but I chose the losi because EVERYONE has a jato...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM
jetsprintbasher976

what screws so i can keep a eye on them and any other tips? also i want aluminum up grades do u know were to get them i think the xxx nt aluminum arms and fron kickplate will fit this? and i'm very disapponted with there pivote block it was a major flaw in the xxx nt and a drake i'm looking to make that aluminum first.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this might start a war but run what you brung. I love my Jato.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

My money is on the traxxas. Because for one, the 2.5 and 3.3 traxxas engines are screamers. Combine that with the 2 speed on a jato, and watch out. And 2, a lot of guys think traxxas vehicles are junk and are a newbies ride, when actually traxxas vehicles are pretty tough and a lot of fun to drive and easy to get parts for. I have owned several and never had a major problem out of any of them.

That said, I have a very nice used HPI Firestorm coming next week. The videos make it looks pretty darn fast, so ill see what i think of it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Straick

I only have one problem with the Jato. Two wheel drive is that problem. Personnaly, I don't really like the Traxxas motors, prefer an OS over the Traxxas any day.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I would take the jato over the nt
I have the NT and it is not a bad truck but I have had to contact the warranty department over 3 times for cracked parts from factory and nuts that fall off through 1 tank of use....
I think I should have held off until QC improved... Theres always some QC issues for new lines and DOH I guess thats what an early adopter gets. My co-workers jato is a blast but I chose the losi because EVERYONE has a jato...

anytime a RTR is bought it should be gone over and every screw checked, the parts were cracked when it was pulled from the box? if so you should have sent the complete truck back to horizon and they would have sent you another one. always go over the truck/car and tighten all he screws after ya clean it up, really it should be cleaned after every day of running.

also the losi has a 2 speed and from what i have seen they are both to fast for they're own good lol
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
quietnas1

I actually like the Losi TEN. I will get that one once I have my Savage. One thing I have learned is you never buy the 1st batch of any product. You should wait a few months after it has been released to make sure some of the kinks have been worked out.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be happy to have both of them so I can compare the 2!!

From my experience traxxas is easier to get part for as my LHS has more traxxas parts than anything else. but every Losi vehical I have had out handles traxxas by a long ways. I haven't owned a jato yet but I should really get one so I have a point of refference!! I really like the look of the Speed NT and would love to take one for a rip!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 AM
MPevine11

+1 to that beautiful jato posted above!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 AM
usa98030

LOL! Quietnas posted a pic of his jato! He got the slickest jato on this forum[8D]. All i gotta do to my rustler his get a buku pipe. And im par with Quietnas. Heres a old pic of mine.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:50 AM
quietnas1

Lol thanks usa. Your Rusty is looking tight also. Don't get me wrong but you just can't have this thread with Jato Killa at the end. Its all in good fun though so please folks with the Speed NT don't get all bent out of shape I'm pretty sure it is just slightly slower that the Jato by 3 or 4 mph. He he.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
jetsprintbasher976

jato killa is for ****s and giggles . whats advantage of the foam tires and anyone with the 3.4 know what temp to run it at?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 PM
cummins driver

Dont tune for temp. Tune for performance and then check temperature if you want. I havent ever checked temp on any of my engine, and they have all been fine.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:12 PM
jaredk19

ill stick with the losi that started it all i love my gtx even though its in pieces right now lol
Old 11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
jetsprintbasher976

huh? wont u fry the engine and kill the bearings . i thought the hotter the engine components get the larger they get therefor wearing out piston n sleeve prematurely . anyhu power is nothing with out controll (ps) thats were losi excells
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
cummins driver

If you know how to tune, you wont hurt anything. If the motor isnt running lean(ex, cutting out, hesitating, etc..) and there is a healthy smoke trail, you dont have anything to worry about. Some engines run hotter than others, but that is just the nature of the beast.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: jetsprintbasher976

jato killa is for ****s and giggles . whats advantage of the foam tires and anyone with the 3.4 know what temp to run it at?
I know I'm just trying to have a little fun with this thread. LET'S SEE SOME PICS OF THE SPEED NT.

As far as tuning goes I have never tuned by temps. I tune by smoke, sound, and how the car runs and have never had an issue.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
jetsprintbasher976

thanks for the tuning tips guys this is only my second stadium truck but like my 4th engine so i'm trying to get off on the right foot with this new truck. sorry my speed nt is still stock give me some time for mods. got tires and rims on the way getting fuel cooler and a few aluminum parts and a high flow filter. i will have video soon because the horizon hobby videos do not show the true potential of this truck . and the foams still woundering? tried to put some tires on last night to get the bald ones of but the bead stayed on the rim but the tire didn't stay attached to the bead(first time i'v seen that)! lol
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
usa98030

I wanna see some pics also! Foam tires are the best tires out their with the best grip on cement (not asphalt) and almost no wear. They should make it for E-revo brushless so i dont have to always get new sets of tires.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Chris_RC

When I am on the drivers stand and pitting, I check my temp on radio and at the end of the race my pit guy checks temp. Anywhere from 200-280 is fine, just dont try to tune for a certain temp. For example, 235 degrees. But during breakin if the engien is running at 150 degrees, or running at 350 degrees, then that will cause problems. Plus, I could never think of breaking in an engine with a temp gun.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM
GT2rider

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC Plus, I could never think of breaking in an engine with a temp gun.

why not ?

Old 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
jetsprintbasher976

thanks much chris
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: GT2rider

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC Plus, I could never think of breaking in an engine with a temp gun.

why not ?

You have to preheat engine to 230 degrees with a heat gun, then you have to main temperature of 220-230 throughout the breakin procedure which for me is 15-20 tanks before I start race tuning. It would be near impossible to guage temp with my hand within 10 degrees.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
jetsprintbasher976

do the foam tires work on asphalt at all and what if the asphalt is dirty ps chris this is used i was told it had 3/4 of a gallon threw it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.