Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato not Rolling?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Carnage334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato not Rolling?!?

This is theproblem with my jato 3.3.After breaking my front arms I got new ones for the front and back because they came in a pack. I installed the front ones first without a problem. Then the rear ones which were a little harder, but not bad. While Iwas doing it the drive shaft arms were moving all over and Iwas a little bit worried about it. Then came to realize that they are meant to bend and move all over. So after I installed the back arms my jato itwould not roll. If I hold it up I can turn one wheel forward and the other will turn backward. Same thing the other way round. But if I try to move both forward at the same time or roll it one the ground it will not move. Its odd its like the wheels are locked or something. I didnt want to push it to hard and break somethingor start it without them moving freely. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Carnage334

Default RE: Jato not Rolling?!?

Anyone have an idea?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Shake n Bake

when you turn one wheel and the other turns backwards, does it turn freely, or is it stiff?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Carnage334

It turns freely. No it is not stiff.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Shake n Bake

this might sound like a dumb question, but are you trying to roll it with the car and transmitter on? Is the gear mesh good, not super tight? Sounds like every thing you assembled is correct, but either the brakes are stuck, or the gear mesh is to tight, the clutch is stuck, or the tranny has an internal problem. Got pics?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Carnage334

Here is what I am doing. I have everything off. The transmitter off. The remote off.... everything. So there is no power. I place it on the floor inside my house and just try to push the truck forward from the back and it doesnt move all at. The rear wheels like slide on the floor.In the past I have been able to just roll the truck forward with no power so I do not think that is the problem. The breaks are not on, I have tested that and the gear mesh is just like it was from out of the box. I know they set it loose so Idont think its overly tight. I will have to do some more testing when Iget home, but Icant thinkof what would cause this....
Old 02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
NY DIRT

I had a similar problem and what happened was when I replaced the a-arms I put the shocks back on in the wrong position,they were in a hole closer to the wheels causing the suspension to be lowered and the a-arms to bind the driveshaft's eventhough it didn't look it....It seemed fine to me when I picked it up to try and turn the wheels,they did turn because by lifting the truck up it de-compressed the suspenion and took the pressure off the driveshafts....Check that out....If not I am not sure what is gling on other than like someone above mentioned that maybe your transmission is binding,maybe stuck beteween 1st and 2nd gear ??? Hope this helps...!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Carnage334

Well i just took the battery box back off and the bluebar that holds the rods for the arms together was on there a littletight.... Pulled it off and its moving freely now. The truck can roll once more. I put it all back together and it seems to better now, but i am hearing a different problem. The truckrolls till the tires are about 1 full rotation then makes a kind of grinding noise and looks like the gears on the side are somewhat twitching. Itmakes the noise for about 2-3 seconds then start rolling fine again.So now im not sure whatt grinding noise is.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:07 PM
NY DIRT

Not sure about that part....Sorry.