RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   WD-40/air filter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/3150050-wd-40-air-filter.html)

brownstone101 07-09-2005 01:44 AM

WD-40/air filter

1 Attachment(s)
above. use WD-40 it takes it right out, give it a try and tell me how it is .post pic, i will of mine my filter was really bad and now i bet my motor will have more power cause i bet it was like breathing thru a straw cause it would bogg down just wasnt doing good (on a good tune) so try it
put ur filter in a zip lock bag and spray DW-40 on it and rub it when the bag gets dirty repeat in a clean one till it looks clean
and what i do is soak it in fuel so it expands and it get the Little things that made its way past the surface
try it and post pic i want to see :D
brownstone:D
wish i got a pic of it dirty o well:D

David D 07-09-2005 08:53 AM

RE: DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY AIRFILTER CLEARNER

You can just use soap and water and it si much cheaper than wd-40.

Kemo 07-09-2005 03:09 PM

Not to mention its much EASIER on the airfilter. They said you can use wd40 as a oil... lol

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-09-2005 03:20 PM

Yeah, I just use Dawn, i dunno what you're smokin brownstone, but i can paypal ya $20 if you'll send me some:D

XDD 07-09-2005 03:25 PM

I just use soap and water, its much better to clean it with. To oil it I use 3-in-One oil, WD40 can actually eat away at your filter over time. You are going in the right direction with the plastic bag trick, because I use that method.

A good bottle of 3-in-One oil will go a long way in the hobby. You can lube bushings, airfilters, and several other things. Great, cheap stuff.

A little offtopic, but WD40 tricked me with a little marketing trick the other day when I was at Lowe's. I saw a tiny travel can of WD40 and I could not help myself, I had to buy it...[&:] You never know when you might need it.. :D

Kemo 07-09-2005 03:27 PM

Ya'll are way behind in times for air filter oil! Go to a bike shop, atv shop or whatnot... buy a bottle of foam air filter oil. I have a tall bottle of IPONE that came in a 750 ml can for about 7 bucks. I'll never use it all up but its well worth the 7 bucks.

David D 07-09-2005 03:50 PM

I use mineral oil for my airfilters it works fine and is very cheap.

brownstone101 07-09-2005 03:57 PM

i had a can of this spray that u soak the filter with it and it dissolves the dirt and grit in it in like and in a hr its clean then u use there oil to make it tacky i dont want to get flamed about it i just thought it was a good idea cause fuel and what not wasn't working in taking the grit and dust off i oiled it once and there was too much oil on it so i lost HP and it bogged my motor, so i sprayed wd-40 on it rubbed it in like twice, took all the air filter oil and dirt and cleaned it up then i lightly reoiled it, in my opinion WD-40 works the best for me, u may have your ways, but for new people this might save there motor you never no
please don't flame me:D its just a thought

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-09-2005 04:22 PM

not flamin ya, just tellin you what's up.

brownstone101 07-09-2005 05:20 PM

well whats up? i will use WD-40 for my filter and i dont let it soak, i spray it on and rub it, and take it out and rince it out so it wont burn the filter but, i get ya i just felt a flame coming thats all, see i wont flame any one, i am like a really nice guy, if u do it another way i state my opinion in the nicest way, and just hope not to get yelled at for it, i dont really care if u use lighter fluid on your filter lol. hope not. but i dont care cause every one is different i posted in that jato forum, that that guy was bashing the jato for the XTM well i just stated what i thought of it and left. not i hate that jato bla bla bla well if some one dose do the WD-40 thing please post pic and tell me how it worked out :D:D it worked for me lol
thanks guys:D

fernandorussell 07-09-2005 08:02 PM

Why don't you guys just use normal air filter oil like the duratrax one?
thats the one i use and its really good

brownstone101 07-09-2005 08:04 PM

its not oil its cleaner to get the junk out then we use what ever we use:D

XDD 07-09-2005 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: TEAM A

Why don't you guys just use normal air filter oil like the duratrax one?
Because we are cheap rednecks...:)

brownstone101 07-09-2005 08:17 PM

ya im guilty:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek ::eek::eek:wow cool:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:: eek::eek::eek:

EdsWords 07-09-2005 10:38 PM

I also use the WD-40. I started using it because I never bought any air filter oil. WD-40 also works great on tires just before a race. Just dont overdue it, it can really soften them up.

brownstone101 07-09-2005 11:35 PM

ya u can use it too soften the tires up if they dry up or if u need good grab

REVOJoe 07-10-2005 10:10 AM

"DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY AIRFILTER CLEARNER "
.... OK...... I WON"T............( I wasn't gonna anyways) :):):)
Joe

Jared1106 07-10-2005 11:03 AM

I use K & N air filter cleaner. Put the filter in the sink, spray it with the cleaner, it all falls off, rinse it in hot water, let it dry, brand new.

monsterpede360 07-10-2005 11:26 AM

so and water and air filter oil(if your filter alows) wd-40

brownstone101 07-10-2005 01:12 PM

guys im just saying i like WD-40 that all it works good for me if u dont like it dont post please:eek:

Kemo 07-10-2005 01:46 PM

WD-40 will ruin a filter. Which is why we said we use soap and water.

brownstone101 07-10-2005 02:41 PM

o well its old here let me rephrase this
i do use warm water with dish soap
but i oiled it once and it was ALOT of oil so it was bogging it down[:@]and it was packed with dirt.oil on the surfacer i tryed everything fuel/hot water and soap just didnt work but i sprayed WD-40 on it every thing came out in im not going to be using WD-40 every time i clean it causethats a waste just when it gets relay bad like it was my motor couldn't breath so for not clearing that up im going to rename the thread:D to clear this up:D its going to be WD-40