RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   How to change Jato spur gear?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/7834795-how-change-jato-spur-gear.html)

Nesal 08-11-2008 06:44 PM

How to change Jato spur gear??

Well I stripped my Spur gear on my jato and have ordered a new one, once it arrives how do I install it? Do I unscrew the slipper clutch and put it on? How do I get the slipper back to its original position? Or I just count how many turns I unscrew it?
Another thing, why did it strip? is it notmal for it to strip? Its had about a gallon of fuel through it and ive been doing some jumping at the local track recently... is it usual for it to strip? How usual? or maybe just unlucky and a bad landing?? Gear mesh seemed fine and slipper was not over tightened! Thanks guys...

Hardin Valley Magic 08-11-2008 07:51 PM

RE: How to change Jato spur gear??

Simple to change actually..Take the 3 screws out slide the old one off and slide the new one on. You don't have to take the slipper apart.
As for a reason it stripped... You say you were jumping, then being on the throttle in mid air and the shock of it hitting the ground while spinning the wheels just stripped the teeth. Try in the future to let of once in the air and let it be in the idle position when landing.. Then get back in the throttle.

Nesal 08-12-2008 04:54 AM

The three screws from where? I only see the slipper clutch one!

splcrazy 08-12-2008 06:16 AM

leave the slipper where it is , you just have to undo the three screws and the main nut in the middle and it all comes out together with the slipper and its clutch pads , just be carefull the slipper clucth pads dont fall off and loose them , mount the new spur onto the slipper clutch assembly with the three screws then apply it back on the spindle and screw back on the main middle nut nice and tight but not too tight and its done.

Nesal 08-12-2008 09:46 AM

Perfect thanks!!

Wild YFZ 450 08-12-2008 10:18 AM

Did you figure it out.. If not I can post you a tutorial...I mean its really a nut and a few srcews...[&o]
Actually if you have this many questions about a spur change just bring it to your LHS[8D

Nesal 08-12-2008 02:51 PM

Im good thanks! any further probs I will ask but for now everything seems clear, as soon as the part arrives I'll install it! Thank u for the help!

Mspeed 08-14-2008 04:50 PM

acutally you dont need to take the nut off just the three screws, and as for stripping spurs, your mesh should be super close on the jato. Almost no backlash at all or it will strip under high load conditions. It doesnt rule out that you might be stripping them due to landing on throttle.