RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   how to clean my nitro sport (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/8024530-how-clean-my-nitro-sport.html)

praz123 10-06-2008 05:31 PM

how to clean my nitro sport

ok i dont know much about this sport . i run my sport over a basball diamond ,lots of fun but now i cant get it all clean . when the body is off can you spray it down. what do you all do?

Chris_RC 10-06-2008 05:34 PM

RE: how to clean my nitro sport

DOnt spray it down unless you want to buy new radio equipment and maybe an engine. I can easily get it clean without using much or any simple green or nitro cleaner. I normally just dissemble the car and then everything is clean.

xcfds65 10-06-2008 06:41 PM

praz123 I take my cars receiver and servos out and spray it down with a good degrease and wash it off with the garden hose. then i dry it up with compressed air from the compressor then put the receiver and servos back in. And i always check all the bearing and steering rods when i have it down look for loss screws and anything that mite be falling off are loss. a little water is not going to hurt anything on the car. but one more thing make sure you cover the carb with a plastic bag are something and put a rubber band on it to hold the plastic in place. and On the end of the muffler as well. I like to run my cars but i also like to see them looking good until the weekend gets here again. then it is back to the dirt.

Chris_RC 10-06-2008 07:27 PM

This is why I dont water my cars down. Because it can get in the bearings and maybe even the tranny. I dissemble my truck and then clean everything off and it will be super clean. Oil the bearings and regrease the tranny.

praz123 10-06-2008 07:54 PM

Hey thanks for the info .Is it easy to take the receiver an the servoes off . Thanks so much i appreciate your time .

mabuecker 10-06-2008 08:03 PM

I have watched , listened and tried about everything ... a losi electric losi pro who also has and races nitro also told me the easiest and maybe a bit harmful way unless you take radio equipment out is to spray tons of wd40(seals off moisture to bearings)all over car especially around bearings and high pressure wash then compressed air until dry then wd40 again ... then you have the way we all see cars for sale on ebay ... and honestly isnt all too damaging if you properly mantain a vehicle periodically ... lately and I heard a fella doing this way in the 1/8 section is to tear the truck down into managable pieces and this allows to get closer by hand to each individual area and then at some point you will have the chassis totally stripped and you are able to re-new the chassis itself (I carry an extra chassis to make the process a little quicker and have the spare chassis prepared for re-install before I have re-newed the front suspension then middle+diff&engine mounts etc...and then you have the rear suspension(ft&rr suspension include shock towers,shocks,diffs-a arms and their respectable hardware) sounds like a lot to take in although if you have your manual and never more than 8 hours you can re build absolutely anything 1/8 or smaller

JesseJames 10-22-2008 04:51 PM

I use a very strong spray bottle that has denatured alcohol in it.(can buy from Walmart,home depot or lowes) I believe it is the same stuff that is used in Nitro cleaners but is not in an aerosol can. That is why I use a powerful trigger sprayer. It evaporates quick. Obviously you dont want to get it in you electronics or engine.

davido666 10-22-2008 05:06 PM

I use a good stiff brush and a shop vac and some canned air. Water is not good for the bearings in the wheels or tranny.

dannthenitroman 10-22-2008 10:30 PM

remove electrics (this should really only take ten minutes. block up engine holes. cover in detergent, rinse in hot water in shower. wd40 the bearings.

Dann

dkastil 10-23-2008 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: JesseJames

I use a very strong spray bottle that has denatured alcohol in it.(can buy from Walmart,home depot or lowes) I believe it is the same stuff that is used in Nitro cleaners but is not in an aerosol can. That is why I use a powerful trigger sprayer. It evaporates quick. Obviously you dont want to get it in you electronics or engine.

that is what i do one thing to add is use a tooth brush to scrub the grime off denatured alchol is better for your car then nitro spray or brake cleaner and it is about 1/3 the price . It will degrease the berrings and can let dirt in past the seals ,in a small metal contaner or glass spray some break cleaner and swish the berrings in it rince and do it agn till it runs clear then let dry an dry oil ,do not use a plastic cup the break cleaner will eat threw it, a metal can lid works well make shure it does not have a plastic or rubber seal in it.

Pico Train 10-28-2008 06:56 PM

a good old air compressor works wonders.

compwizkid 11-30-2008 03:41 PM

spray with an air compressor at about 80psi and make sure you spray everywhere. when your done with that wd40 the bearing and spray some in the carb and where the glow plug is, turn it over without gas, and make sure everything is well lubed for the next time.

psb667 11-30-2008 03:45 PM

Rubing alchahol

MMT GUNS 11-30-2008 05:14 PM

The way I do it is right after is clean I spray as much WD-40 as I can over the plastics , when it gets dirty is easier to clean (in my book) use a tooth brush and rag and more WD-40 too wipe out dirt or dust off of it. if you're going to use watter or whatever, cover the electrics and squirt it using a degreser bottle or something similar. and again WD-40. thats the way I've been doing it for years till this date.

psb667 12-01-2008 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: dkastil

ORIGINAL: JesseJames

that is what i do one thing to add is use a tooth brush to scrub the grime off denatured alchol is better for your car then nitro spray or brake cleaner and it is about 1/3 the price . It will degrease the berrings and can let dirt in past the seals ,in a small metal contaner or glass spray some break cleaner and swish the berrings in it rince and do it agn till it runs clear then let dry an dry oil ,do not use a plastic cup the break cleaner will eat threw it, a metal can lid works well make shure it does not have a plastic or rubber seal in it.
rubbing alcahol is cheaper dosnt evaporate as fast dosnt hurt the plastic dosnt hurt the electronics(take the batterys out first)

Alex570 12-04-2008 06:46 PM

I take my car apart to inspect everything and it gets real clean.