RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   1/10 scale Bigblock st choices (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/8372588-1-10-scale-bigblock-st-choices.html)

jikkuria 01-18-2009 02:54 PM

1/10 scale Bigblock st choices

i realize that a 1/10 scale anything is hard to run with a bigblock, let alone a stadium truck. i am just wondering what truck(s) would be a good base for a ron paris picco .21[>:] i have had a jato, and it was my first choice, but i know that it has plastic gears and such. when i had mine i fit revo gears into it, and it was quick.... and i know where i can get a jato roller on the cheap. i found some steel tranny gears for the jato, and all that, o the plastic isn't a real problem. i am just wondering what truck would be best for just speed, and maybe a little baseball field/grass runs. new era has kits to convert the rc10gt2, firestorm, and jato to bigblock, i know the jato would need durability upgrades. any help would be appreciated.

Sonolin 01-18-2009 03:11 PM

RE: 1/10 scale Bigblock st choices

I saw a thread devoted to big blocks in 1/10 on-road cars on one of the forums I frequent.. not sure which one, I think it was rcnitrotalk.com not sure (it might even be this one lol). Anyway, a lot of them had traction problems with a big block.. I think they had to use larger tires.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, good luck to you! I definitely would never try something like that (I know for a fact that .18tzs are uncontrollable and they are small block!), but have fun.

Cynix 01-18-2009 03:21 PM

Check the Traxxas forums there have been many Jatos done with big blocks. I think the biggest was a .28

Sonolin 01-18-2009 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Cynix

Check the Traxxas forums there have been many Jatos done with big blocks. I think the biggest was a .28
Yea you may just want to go with a Jato if you want an ST... I mean, the Jato is the only nitro car on the market really insane enough to put speed above everything else, so I don't see why a big block wouldn't work in it.

jikkuria 01-18-2009 03:28 PM

miamizfinest put a bigblock in his, then it flipped when he hit 2nd gear...at 68 mph. my motor choices are 2 paris picco .21's, a 427, and a brat 350. the .21's are buggy motors, so they will be at home, with more than enough torque to pull the gear ratio's i plan to run. something like 18/34. but i know traction will be a monster to find on a 5-6 lb 2wd st. i will get some 17-mm hubs, and run the ofna buggy foams for asphalt, and my badlands for everything else. my street is about a 1/4 mile long, and freshly micro surfaced a few months ago, so a good running area for speed, as it is a dead end. then about 500 feet from my house is a big field with 1 soccer field, and 2 baseball fields, and then a huge open space. any tips on how to get the best traction out of the chassis? i can get the tires to grip, but im not the best at chassis set up.

rclynx 01-18-2009 03:39 PM

If your going to do it for fun its cool, but if your trying to break a land speed record it ain't going to happen :D

jikkuria 01-18-2009 03:47 PM

i dont care about speed records, im just doing it to have something fast for me to play with. i know it will be nowhere near any speed records, but i may work it into a drag car.