RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   HPI nitro rush (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/9158487-hpi-nitro-rush.html)

Maxximize 10-09-2009 02:03 AM

HPI nitro rush

Hey all just figured id do some probing... the rush was my first nitro truck ever and id love to own one again! didnt find any in the ads. set it on my wishlist but does anybody have one or know somebody who has one they might want to let go? i may end up waiting forever for one but i got some sweet ideas for throwing a bb in it or somethin sick like thathttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif. maybe iven throw my orion .18 wasp old tmaxx motor in one.

Maxximize 10-09-2009 03:42 AM

RE: HPI nitro rush

Found one on ebay... waiting for the sellers reply to end the auction early... any opinions on what this is worth? I know its an outdated lil truck as I had mine when I was in like 7th grade and it was new then lol but it seems in good shape, but i don't wanna get ripped as i have from ebay before. probly going to get it if its a decent price as my lil bro wants to get into nitro and this would be a great truck for him to mess with and see if he likes nitro or not. any thoughts anbody?? Heres the link to the ad.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

rider313 10-09-2009 03:17 PM

looks clean to me, little ebay tip to save your self some money, dont bid till the last few mi nutes of the aucton. you can save alot that way.

Montana Mike 10-09-2009 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love my Rush!!!!!!!!! I buy what ever parts I can find when I can find them. This particular one has just about every Factory hop- up on it , I believe, and alot of them were really hard to find. Good luck with your search and feel free to PM me if you need any help.

SyCo_VeNoM 10-09-2009 05:47 PM

I wouldn't get a out of production vehicle again. From experience with a MT1 the parts are hard to find when you need replacements and when you do find the parts they can sometimes be ridiculously expensive(I'm talking I seen parts the sellers wanted over 5X the price of the equal part on a MT2). Only thing I was lucky was with modifications MT2 parts fit on perfectly fine on a MT1 but you will not have that luxury with a Rush.

So I agree with Montana Mike if you decided to go with a Rush buy any part you can when you see them for spares.

MCSRacing 10-09-2009 09:18 PM

my oldest son had a rush and has had parts on backorder for over 6 months .... get something that has good parts availability.

Montana Mike 10-09-2009 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As a truck for a newbie I would recommend something different other than a Rush. A seasoned hobbyist can run forever with limited complications or minimal breakage. A newbie might go thru parts quicker than you can find them or be able to afford them.

Maxximize 10-09-2009 11:51 PM

i know whatcha mean i loved mine too! hardly ever broke when i had it til my lil cousin drove it full speed under my car without the body on lol. thanks man if i get it ill pm ya if i need anythin

Maxximize 10-09-2009 11:55 PM

yeah that makes sense. maybe he can try out my tmaxx, break it and buy it code of honor haha but me if i were to get it ive been drivin nitros for like 8 years now, had the rush for just a year then bought my maxx which i still have, but i loved the way the rush was built. fast durable lil truck i once hit a fence post with it and it didnt break so its a thought for me

Maxximize 10-09-2009 11:58 PM

btw very nice rush there mike! anybody heard of putting a savage .21 in a rush or other hpi stadium truck? on their site it says that all you need is an engine mount for bb motor to get it to work...

Montana Mike 10-10-2009 12:03 AM

Maxx pieces are alot more abundant than Rush parts for sure. Hook him up with a Rustler, same basic design with more readily available parts than the Rush. Good luck on the Rush man, hope to see pictures of her soon

SyCo_VeNoM 10-10-2009 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Maxximize

btw very nice rush there mike! anybody heard of putting a savage .21 in a rush or other hpi stadium truck? on their site it says that all you need is an engine mount for bb motor to get it to work...

check out the HPI MT2 thread we have a few people there that popped k5.9's off of savages into MT2's :D

Heres [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9060380]one post[/link] I found with a 5.9 in a MT2 lol

Maxximize 10-15-2009 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well i won the auction! $91 shipped for the rush. my bro said he changed his mind said he dont wanna get buried in the spending of owning a nitro (i told him nitro was like a disease and once you get started you spend lostsa cash) so i got me another rush on the way! im pretty excited to run it although i gotta break it in yet cuz the motor is new. which brings up my next question... how do you break in an hpi nitro star engine? any special methods? its cold here too so im assuming im gunna have to use the sock on the cooling head method. where can i find out the factory carb settings and break in procedure? lookin forward to seein how this lil thing holds out against my 2.5r heavily modified ultra wide maxx:) any guesses whicll win guys? ill post which one does when i get the rush broke in. heres some pics of the maxx. the hpi has a tuned pipe but otherwise is stock except the newer nitro star t .15 motor. th maxx has a ths racing exhaust FOC tranny and a revo clutch and spur gear for speed components.

SyCo_VeNoM 10-15-2009 07:59 PM

Fatory setting is the screw should be flush at the sleeve's top (about 2.5 turns)
and break in method is (as read out of my hpi manual): 2 tanks idling with wheels off ground, 3-4 more tanks low to mid throttle never use full throttle during the break in and let it cool down completely after each tank. Also make sure the piston is at the very bottom of the shaft (BDC) during the cooldown (and try and store it like that). make sure it stays around 250 degrees and doesn't go over 265ish. and has white smoke coming out of the exaust at all time.

I broke in my .15 nitrostar in that way and it works great and has not let me down.

if you want you can get the manual [link=http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/engines/15101.pdf]here[/link]

I agree on that nitro is a disease thing. Started out with a $100 MT1 and $100 in gear (gas, starter etc,) and have pumped over $1200 in it this summer (bought 2 MT1's (upgraded one to a MT2), Savage, original RS4, and some other things)

Maxximize 10-18-2009 10:42 PM

Thanks for the info man! Hopin to get er all broke in next week as its sposed to be somewhat warmer out like 50s or so. wow thats a different break in process for me lol im used to the weird ass traxxas method. i do recall breaking in my old orion .18 t maxx motor like that tho haha. btw is there a .21 motor that will fit on the rush or would i have to drill the chassis for a savage engine mount? i think i read on the hpi site that there is a big block mount they make for the mt2 if thats true or if it would fit in the rush... im pretty sure an ss .18 will if nothin else. since the maxx is pretty much flat out modified by now im gunna need a new disease lol

it definately is a disease! i got like a grand at least in the maxx alone (not to mention the 5 motors or so its seen) over the years of owning it and tryin different mods and such tryin to find my fav set up. sound like you got some nice hpi beasts! what kind of savage is that? those trucks are super beastly! i can take the older 2 speed versions with my maxx but i doubt i could touch the 3 speed 5.9 lol