Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Airbrush or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:06 AM
SAS_Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbrush or not?

is it worth me getting an airbrush or am i not ready here is a little first time spray i did:

soo yea CnC please boys and girls

Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM
icedude1989

Default RE: Airbrush or not?

its not about being ready or not for an airbrush. i just started airbrushing some and believe me, its not being ready for it thats the problem...! first of all know your paints, what kind is best where and for what. im still getting the hang of that.... also at what pressures it should be sprayed. 2, know your airbrush, how thin and thick it can spray, dual action control if you have it, different kinds of a/b have different characteristics. also difference between gravity, side and bottom feed and their relation to needle thickness. lastly know how to CLEAN PROPERLY your airbrush. a dirty airbrush is a messed up piece of work. it is useless having the best equipment if u keep it dirty. i know loads of people who bought airbrushes to realise they havent the patience to clean it properly then ended up leaving it dirty or not using it at all. btw, i mention cleaning cos u have to realise u will be doing the cleaning routine in between every colour u use. some people might say ok... i get more than one airbrush for different colours, some pros have multiple airbrush setups, but yeah, that also means more airbrushes to clean in the end, so it amounts to the same thing really.. just some thoughts. other than that, get urself one and start practicing. its an awesome hobby. i just said this stuff before to let you know what ur getting into so as not to waste money if ur not up to it.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 AM
SAS_Racer

cheers ice dude i have done a little spraying with a gun and cleaned them out. pretty similar protocall is it. just squirt thinners though then get a fine brush and clean your nozzle then squirt some more thinners through?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 AM
icedude1989

practically thats it. i have to take it apart sometimes tho, and make sure nothing is stuck on the needle tip, and that its not bent or anything. remember everything is so much finer on an airbrush so you have to be even more careful in the cleaning. if u say uve done it then get urself one, ud be hooked in an instant. other than that, practice practice practice. havent had the chance with mine cos regulator broke down and am waiting for a new one. hopefully soon i can get back to it. keep us posted on how it goes for you if u decide to get one.